• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Clans

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Set clans. I liked your idea JC of making clan themes based off the six sages, but I'm open to other ideas. (I'm not too big on the idea of a HK clan though.) Clans should serve small roles in site affairs. By joining a clan you could say your opinions are considered by mods and admins, although clan members shouldn't really have any power to access special sections of the forum, or anything like that. We could set up a sort of clan war zone thing as well, or come up with something totally original.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The group section has always been a redundant part of the forum for a lot of people (I know some groups are active, and that it's good for private RP'ing, but it's empty for the most part). Plus clan members can be identified by a certain symbol of badge by the user's name.

Maybe we could also give each clan a forum section like Seth said, though I'm not sure on what discussion would go on there. Yeah and I really like the idea of clan wars, we could set up events based around specific clan competitions. If anyone is familiar with clans on forums, please feel free to pitch in with some ideas.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I don't think clan members should have any more say or privilege than regular members, besides getting a forum section. Anyone can join a clan so there is no reason for mods or staff to take their opinion with any more weight than anyone else, plus not everyone will join a clan.

I agree. All members should have equal say, and their opinions should hold equal weight. Obviously it's impossible to completely eliminate bias, but I don't plan on considering the opinion of people in clans above anyone else's.

Djinn

and Tonic
Well it has been explained, explained again, given examples, explained some more, explained again after that....and still no one understands how it works.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/group.php Isn't this basically clans I don't get it

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10047&page=37&p=570280&viewfull=1#post570280
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10047&page=37&p=580548&viewfull=1#post580548
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49723&page=3&p=894789&viewfull=1#post894789

Actually it looks like most of the ideas are covered around p3 of this thread.

There are 3 usergroups set up like HK/HN, they get their own members only forum section. People once they get a certain requirement may petition to join one. They join one, they get a shiny banner and forum section that is divided either among link minded interests, a certain subject, or theme. Each one will have a clan mod or captain that has the job of keeping activity going.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Set clans. I liked your idea JC of making clan themes based off the six sages, but I'm open to other ideas. (I'm not too big on the idea of a HK clan though.) Clans should serve small roles in site affairs. By joining a clan you could say your opinions are considered by mods and admins, although clan members shouldn't really have any power to access special sections of the forum, or anything like that. We could set up a sort of clan war zone thing as well, or come up with something totally original.
I had an idea of having three sets of clans. One for interest clans, that'd have the ones like the ideas for knights, writers, debators, etc. These would exist as purely interest groups for common goals, or hobbies. Without any limitation on joining as many of them as you wish.

Then, we have themed clans. And there, you only can be in one. Six Sages, Six Villianous Pokemon Teams, have these groups of clans. Have bracket competitions, groups of two competing to the last team standing in each major group, and then, the Zelda and Pokemon winners would face off, and see which one wins. that could be an annual competition.

this is the best way I can think of for letting people join multiple clans, but still have a clan competition system. Join say, up to three interest clans, and one theme clan. So only one Zelda or one Pokemon clan. And up to three interest clans. Four spots sounds reasonable for the badge system we like to make anyway as it'd fit nicely under a clan heading.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I had an idea of having three sets of clans. One for interest clans, that'd have the ones like the ideas for knights, writers, debators, etc. These would exist as purely interest groups for common goals, or hobbies. Without any limitation on joining as many of them as you wish.

Then, we have themed clans. And there, you only can be in one. Six Sages, Six Villianous Pokemon Teams, have these groups of clans. Have bracket competitions, groups of two competing to the last team standing in each major group, and then, the Zelda and Pokemon winners would face off, and see which one wins. that could be an annual competition.

this is the best way I can think of for letting people join multiple clans, but still have a clan competition system. Join say, up to three interest clans, and one theme clan. So only one Zelda or one Pokemon clan. And up to three interest clans. Four spots sounds reasonable for the badge system we like to make anyway as it'd fit nicely under a clan heading.

Interest clans sound like nothing more than groups. Just because it would be more present in the forums doesn't make it something different.

I guess names is now the next problem. How we would go about keeping it even between Pokemon and Zelda?

This is still a Zelda first site, so keeping it Zelda only wouldn't be that bad an idea. I feel having a million different themes and games mish-mashed together could be weird. That's just imo though.

Or maybe make a clan for each part of DGN. I bet the Darksiders Clan and GenGAME Clan would overpower the Zelda and Pokemon ones though ;)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah I agree that Zelda should be the primary theme, as I would bet that a large majority on here joined solely for this series.

Anyway I had an idea. Let's say we have 3 Zelda themes---Hylian, Zora, and Goron--what if these themes were duel themes so to say? For example the Zora theme could be a team aqua theme as well (not sure on Pokemon themes, lol). So each clan would have a clear colour identity but relate to two franchises.

Green Clan - Zelda|Pokemon
Red Clan - Zelda|Pokemon
Green Clan - Zelda|Pokemon

Obviously they wouldn't be called Green Clan, Red Clan etc. but this is just an idea I had to please both sets of fans.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I like the little Pokemon clan competition we're trying now and I'm eager to see how it will work out. But it got me thinking again. Eventually when we get this all hammered out, we're going to want to work on more about to do in the long term. Like I said before, I think we should allow joining multiple clans, but carefully. We'll have these two categories: Competition Clans, and Interest Clans. We can have it so everyone can join one competition clan, at least for now, and up to three interest clans. For more competition clans, we can, after the current competition is over, make the rest of the villian teams for Pokemon. I've seen a few different ideas for Zelda clans, and I am not sure where we should go there. Whether or not to let people join one competition clan, or two, would depend on if we want to have a "grand championship" competition between Zelda and Pokemon or not. If yes, then just one, if no, then two. We also should eventually let people switch competition clans, only not when the original clan or the target clan are in active competitions, and otherwise under the same rules as username changes. With interest clans, we can have people ask which clan to be taken out of if they want to join a forth, and which two to keep.

And while I'm at it, I had a good idea for a new interest clan. You already know my knight idea, so lets save that for another time. My idea for this is a writers clan that will replace the writing section. Completely. all the existing content in the section would be moved to the clan, and anyone who wants to participate in writing would join the clan. This would make it easier to deal with.... certain people who don't follow the rules for the section, such as with plagiarism, and it protects people's work from just anyone on the internet coming and taking them. We could just set that section to private as it is, but why not convert to a clan once we know what we're going to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom