• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Chest Tracker

Hi there! I'm an upcoming completionist (and while I don't exactly have a lot of time to do it right now due to school) I'd like to get a steady guide on the locations of all the chests in Zelda. Basically, I thought it'd be nice to make a community thread where everybody could post all of the overworld chests (not the dungeon chests, as they're already on the map.) Of course, some chests don't really matter for 100% (looking at Majora's Mask, since they reset regardless.) I'm mainly talking about the older topdown Zeldas. Link's Awakening and the Oracles had a funny knack for hiding some chests in crazy locations. So yeah, if you all would be kind enough to possibly look around or just post your common knowledge of the overworld chests, then that'd be nice. Thank you!

aLttP-
LA-
OoT-
MQ-
OoS-
OoA-
MM-
WW-
MC-
TP-
PH-
ST-
SS-
aLBW-http://www.gameskinny.com/4uj1r/world-chest-locations-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-guide

From what I've seen (especially in the Link's Awakening walkthrough) it skips over many chests.
And the amount of chests gone unnoticed in the Wind Waker walkthrough is unthinkable.

Here's the thing; the older games like aLttP, LA, ect. don't have that many chests; they're just hidden very well. Newer 3D Zelda games have chests everywhere (and they aren't hidden as well.) They're just EVERYWHERE, and it's so easy to lose track of them.

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
I wrote up a LA guide a while back, but I don't think I pointed out all of the chests, since most of them were rupees and therefore rather pointless after a certain part of the game (especially if you steal the Bow, you THIEF).

That being said, if you look at this map, I know that there are chests located in the following quadrants, from bottom-to-top: G16 (inside the house), F15, J15 (inside the mermaid statue), G14 (basement of the house), O11 (under the lower-right Armos on the left side of the pillars), E9, D9 (there are a couple in here), B8, I8 (need the rooster), C7, M7 (can be gotten from inside L6 Face Shrine), M6 (need to ride the raft), N6 (need to ride the raft), B5, C5, E4, A3, B3 (I think), H2, I2, N2/O2/P2 (there's a lot of entrances, and I can't remember which ones hold chests), and E1.

Of course, there are a lot of items (Heart Pieces, Secret Seashells, etc.) that are just lying around and NOT in chests, so there's a lot more to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom