• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cartoon Network

Whenever I think of my childhood, I think of 2 things( and other things as well). Video Games and Cartoon Network. I wished I was a little bit older when all of the Cartoon Network classics were on because when I was little I didn't really understand the humor, but I thought they were still good. I do admit it has gone downhill, but I do think it is slowly climbing up. I don't watch t.v as much as I used to, but every time I go to Cartoon Network, they always show some show that I don't care for. Like that Garfield Show, Hole in the Wall, Johnny Test(The name of the show doesn't sound anything like that old Cartoon Johnny Quest) ect. However I find a lot of the recent shows very entertaining like Adventure Time, Regular Show, and I usually watch Adult Swim, even though a lot of the shows don't make any sense like Children's Hospital. I will always love the old shows.

UPDATE: After clicking the 2nd link on Myriadviper42's post, I think Cartoon Network is on drugs now.

Last edited:
I very much miss the old Cartoon Network. I used to love Chilling out with the Power Puff Girls and Mojo-jojo before I went to bed at 8:30. Courage the Cowardly Dog always scared me, and Samurai Jack was super confusing. That channel was my early childhood.

I could go on and make a really detailed post, but I'm too tired to do so. Therefore, all I have to say is that Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is the best show ever (besides Avatar: The Last Airbender).

"NOW WE'RE BROTHER LADIES!" [video=youtube;r1ZKN4lUN8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ZKN4lUN8E[/video]

Most old good channels have gone downhill. Nick now has iCarly. Disney is pure Hannah Montana crap. There is barly any good TV on these days.

I must say, I only watch two shows on Cartoon Network now.
1. Ben 10
2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Those two shows are the only two I watch regularly. I sometimes watch Adventure Time, but not often. I also used to watch Sym-Bionic Titan, which was an excellent show from an excellent director who had given CN many successes in the past. And they don't even give it a second glance after it finished its run. There is a movement to bring it back here: http://www.savesymbionictitan.com/

Now, who would not like that compared to this seizure-inducing crap? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dHyB1kRDNc
I agree with you infinity percent on everything. Ben 10, Symbiotic Titan, along with a few other gems are great, and still FEEL very Cartoon Network. But Problem Solverz?! I agree with you that it sucks. :yes: I mean, what the hell is that brown thing, an animated turd?!

UPDATE: After clicking the 2nd link on Myriaviper42's post, I think Cartoon Network is on drugs now.
Indeed. :yes:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Ahh, yes. I was recently reliving my glory days of Cartoon Network recently. Before my house had decent cable, CN was channel 17 and Nickelodeon was channel 30. I'd always flip between the two, but CN was pretty much my favorite. Courage the Cowardly Dog was one show I loved, despite the fact that it scared me so much as a kid. I always liked scary stories and shows. I would watch Ed, Edd, and Eddy sometimes, but it wasn't one of my favorite shows. Same for Johnny Bravo. Now, the Power Puff Girls... I was obsessed with them as a young kid. I watched every episode, and could spit back their lines word for word. I even had a Power Puff Girls PC game, and other merchandise. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends was such a great show. I remember being addicted to an online game based on that show. I just loved the characters. I can even remember Bloo's voice, even now! I also loved the early Ben 10 episodes. Once they expanded on the original 10 transformations is when I stopped watching.

I'm surprised this one show didn't really get mentioned... How about Teen Titans? That show was so epic. I just loved it so much. I actually recently had the urge to look up episodes of TT on YouTube. I never got to see how it ended. That was my favorite show for such a long time. I remember always turning on CN when it was scheduled to come on, and being extremely depressed if it was ever not on. :P

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I'm surprised this one show didn't really get mentioned... How about Teen Titans? That show was so epic. I just loved it so much. I actually recently had the urge to look up episodes of TT on YouTube. I never got to see how it ended. That was my favorite show for such a long time. I remember always turning on CN when it was scheduled to come on, and being extremely depressed if it was ever not on. :P
OMG (:lol: OMG) i completely forgot about Teen Titans! The ******** shows they have on now *ahem*Prolbem Solverz*ahem* Have brain0washed me into forgetting! Never again will i watch the pilot of a series that sux so bad!

amaterasu

Writer
I agree with you infinity percent on everything. Ben 10, Symbiotic Titan, along with a few other gems are great, and still FEEL very Cartoon Network. But Problem Solverz?! I agree with you that it sucks. :yes: I mean, what the hell is that brown thing, an animated turd?!

i think they ripped off Domo actually. gave him a nose and stuff. WHY DO YOU RIP OFF A PERFECTLY AWESOME CHARACTER?

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well some of the shows are still good. Here's my list of favorites:
1) Tower Prep
2) Unnatural History
3) Regular Show
4) Sym-Bionic Titan
5) Fosters
6) Loony Toons Show
7) Gumball
8) MAD
9) Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc.
10) Ben 10 (the original
11) Teen Titans

What happened to Tower Prep? It has good ratings, but there's no news on whether it'll continue or not. The fans have been wating for like 8 months. Unnatural History was cancelled :(. I know Regular Show has some mature content in it, but it's still awesome. Sym Bionic Titan was one of the best. Too bad it was cancelled. The others are good, but I'm too lazy to give a small review right now.

EDIT: I almost forgot. WTF is with Problem Solverz? That show is boring. Poor animation, and this show is new. If it was old, that would be another thing. And it's basically a rip-off of Scooby-Doo (no offense to anyone). How did Teen Titans end again? That show was great.

Well I also will say that Cartoon Network has gone entirely down the toilet. They use to have really good cartoons, one of my farourites was Code-Lyoko. But even that is gone. All I watch on Cartoon Network is Tom & Jerry, and I really don't even have to watch cartoon network for that since I have every Hannah-Barbera episode of Tome & Jerry on DVD.

Now I want to point out that Cartoon Network is not the only channel that went completly downhill. Nick also did the same thing. They went from awesome cartoons to crappy shows, even Nick at Nite has gone downhill.

amaterasu

Writer
oh my god, i loved Code-Lyoko! i forgot about that show it's so old! ;p;

i'll find it on youtube and re-watch it. hopefully it'll be watchable, because wehn i tried to watch Hamtaro again, i just couldn't.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
God, how could I forget Billy and Mandy? It was one of the best shows ever, despite being creepy. And the only time I watch CN is when it's Christmas and when they air all the classic cartoon movie specials. And I am even 10, and I hate all the cartoons on CN. With the exception of Total Drama, which only airs in CN in America. Not trying to offend anyone, but Ben 10 is... e.o What the... I don't get it. He has a watch and his goal is to do what? The only show that reminds me of the golden days is Regular Show, which has a Billy and Mandy feel. It's still freaky though o.o

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Ahh, yes. I was recently reliving my glory days of Cartoon Network recently. Before my house had decent cable, CN was channel 17 and Nickelodeon was channel 30. I'd always flip between the two, but CN was pretty much my favorite. Courage the Cowardly Dog was one show I loved, despite the fact that it scared me so much as a kid. I always liked scary stories and shows. I would watch Ed, Edd, and Eddy sometimes, but it wasn't one of my favorite shows. Same for Johnny Bravo. Now, the Power Puff Girls... I was obsessed with them as a young kid. I watched every episode, and could spit back their lines word for word. I even had a Power Puff Girls PC game, and other merchandise. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends was such a great show. I remember being addicted to an online game based on that show. I just loved the characters. I can even remember Bloo's voice, even now! I also loved the early Ben 10 episodes. Once they expanded on the original 10 transformations is when I stopped watching.

I agree with you on the subject on Teen Titans. That was pure epicness! An excellent story, good characters, and basically I love everything about it (also, my favorite character happened to be Raven). Ben 10 I still watch today, for even though they have some stupid episodes, they have some really good ones in the mix (such as The Creature from Beyond).

One last thing: Who's to bet that within the next 10 years CN will either be completely live action or completely crap?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy is the best show ever. I know that as I get older I'll naturally enjoy Cartoons less and less but I can still tell what I would and wouldn't have liked when I was a kid. The new Scooby Do cartoon is horrible. Dude what would happen, Destroy build destroy and hole in the wall don't belong on the channel. MAD also lame. The only two shows I can see the appeal of are Johnny Test and Adventure Time.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I totally agree with Scooby Doo. They have.... helpers e.e And they introduced the parents and college e.e.
Ed, Edd and Eddy.... Wow. I miss that so much, if the Christmas Special is on at Christmas, I'll be watching it. Johnny Test is OK, it's just a weird show 0.o And Adventure Time? Let's just say it is awesome because it has the voice of Bender in it :D Lol JK, It's cool, not as cool as all the others. And I feel a bit sorry for everyone in America. You have HITW on CN. I love the show, but really?

I also miss the old Cartoon Network.

I remember watching Ed, Edd and Eddy, the Power Puff Girls, Teen Titans and others. I am not sure if anyone knows of this show but Krypto the superdog was a good show. They use to show the Power Puff Girls at 9:00 AM but they replaced it with another show. And I also watched the Flintstones and the Jetsons.

Some episodes of Courage the Cowardly dog use to scare me. Like when they called someone and the mattress was delivered to them and then when Courage went to check on Muriel she had turned green and her head turned around. That really scared me when I was a kid.

And they still show The Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry and I still watch them. Now I watch the Looney Tunes show, Johnny Test, Scooby Doo (not the new one) and others.

I wonder why they put Dude what would happen, Hole in the wall and Destroy, build, destroy on a Cartoon channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom