• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Can Someone Clear Something for Me Story Wise (2 TIMELINE THEORY RELATED)

Ok Im all for the idea of the two timelines... now that we have that out of the way

does this mean that the Hero of time does not exist in the MM-TP timeline? And that TP Link is the new hero of legend?

I mean Link does exist, of course, he does, he has his adventure in MM...but the hero of time stuff doesn't happen because he prevented it all by warning princess Zelda....So Technically The story of TP is the first adventure and legend in this timeline no?

(of course with Skyward Sword..things will be different, but until then..)

skybird11

state alchemist
it may be for link but, faron mentions another hero, stating that the clothes/tunic are that of the previous one. then there's the hero's shade. the hero's shade may or may not be the hero mentioned by faron and may or may not be another link. oddly enough, nobody in the game mentions any legend of a hero so as far as we're conserned there is no legend.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
As far as the Hero of Time saving Hyrule from Ganondorf's reign, no. Link just stopped Ganondorf from ever touching the Triforce, so he never truly went down in history, although I'm sure his story was told throughout the Royal Family regardless. But he never became the Hero of Time on the CT.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

When Link awakens as an adult in Ocarina of Time, Rauru tells him that he's destined to be the Hero of Time, so yes, there is no Hero of Time on the Child Timeline because Link's entire quest as the Hero of Time was as an adult in an alternate future. When Faron refers to a past hero wearing the green tunic in Twilight Princess, it seemed rather ambiguous at the time, unless Faron were to share the Hero of Time's cross-timeline knowledge of events, but now it's very plausible that he could be referring to Skyward Sword's Link. I expect the way the story unfolds in Skyward Sword to perhaps explain how the general populace is largely unaware of the previous hero, while it's implied that the spirits are likely omniscient enough at least to know of the previous hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom