• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BotW Timeline placement/Link origin

So, I believe that BotW takes place after WW, after the great sea dried out.
The land is destroyed, in ruin, because it has been under the ocean for hundreds maybe thousants of years, after Ganon had been ruling over it for some time, before the gods flooded it.
The corocs , who we see in BotW , restored the land and people stsrted living there again, and Ganon returnd coz he always does. All that is pretty simple, but it leaves many questions unanswered, like, what about the Guardians and who is link?

To answer that we have to look at WW itself:
When the King of red Lions speaks with Jaboun about Link, King's words were:
"The one I have brought with me has no connection to the
legendary one."
This means that there is a legendary hero they have been expecting. I believe that this hero is BotW's Link.bBut WHO is he? Why was he in a regeneration chamber?

According to Hyrule Historia in the adult timeline, when Ganon returned no hero appeared. But what if this is not true?
What if a hero did appear but failed?
What if that hero is BotW's Link?

We can say for sure that that version of Ganon was his most powerful yet, since even the gods had to resolve to sealing the hole kingdom to stop him, althoug we know dor a fact that in a similar situation in the Hero is Defeated timeline the people managed to seal Ganon (hence the Imprisoning War). So it is not impossible that link couldn't defeat him, or maybe he had to face him before he could obtain the Master Sword. After this the Sheikah, who have been protecting Hyrule for countless generations and apparently have all the technology, took the defeated and seriously injured Link and put him in the chamber, in hopes to revive him. But his injuries were too severe and he didnt wake up as soon as they had hoped. So in order to hold ganon back they created the Guardians to protect the land. Also they built tge towers and Shrines, to guide Link when he would wake up.
However most of the Guardians were destroyed eventually and the rest malfunction or are controlled by Gannon.

This theory however requires Link to have been sleeping for more than 100 years and has a few holes, but its pretty cool and not too far fetched.
What do you think?

If the time was at least 300-400 years I'd agree that this is a viable theory but not if link's been asleep for 100.
I do love the theory that the guardians were created to keep Ganon at bay

Actually I'm almost certain that the Guardians were intended to be good, but something happend.
Maybe even something like the clones from star wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom