• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Behaviour you surprised yourself with?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Are you generally a calm and pleasant person but someone honked at you in traffic once and then you got out of your car, pulled them out of theirs and beat them for it?

Perhaps you a soulless monster who usually dislikes doggos but found yourself petting one and enjoying it.

I was just wondering if any forum dwellers here have stories of where they have found themselves unexpectedly behaving in a way outside their usual pattern.

This is a thread to share tour tales about such events

Not really.

I guess though sometimes i have a trigger temper for certain things. Im usually calm and dont like conflict but sometimes things happen i dont expect from people and it really narks me.

The struggle is usually internal but i can be bitter about it for days. Usually i can let things go but sometimes certain triggers can really cut deep.

Reactions: Dio

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Are you generally a calm and pleasant person but someone honked at you in traffic once and then you got out of your car, pulled them out of theirs and beat them for it?
That sounds like something I would do. My biggest problem is I can get into a rage about small things. Like dropping something on the floor and I can get in a rage because of it. Just these stupid lil things.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I'm not really surprised at myself when I lose my temper. I get annoyed at everything from losing at video games to struggling with a math problem.

What really surprises me is when I'm in a situation where I would normally be angry or freaked out, but I manage to remain calm. It seems like I lose my temper all the time over little things, but often the big things that happen cause me to become really worried about everyone else and draw inwards.

Often, it's like a weird inversion happens... I'm normally the slightly angry/annoyed person that complains about every little thing, and everyone else is normally calm. But when the situation gets to the point that everyone else is already angry, I can suddenly be the calm person in the room. It's because I know on some deep inner level that once those calm people are finally angry, the situation is really bad and something is likely to go down. My brain wakes up, stops me from getting emotional, and tries to think everything through. For some reason, I can't do this under normal circumstances, but a situation I view as actually being serious can bring forth that latent ability.

It's as if the more calm other people are about an upsetting situation, the angrier I get about it. But the more angry other people are, the more I feel the need to stay calm and attempt to help.

Reactions: Dio

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I'm extremely mild mannered, almost always stoic... except when I'm facing a particularly annoying or cheap boss. Omega MK. II from Final Fantasy V is a prime example, (Not going into it) I unleash all my rage and my cussing like a sailor shows through. I almost NEVER cuss, so it was surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom