• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beauty and the Beast (2017)

The first trailer for the live action take on Beauty and the Beast went live today:

I am not entirely sold on Emma Watson being cast as Belle, but the trailer itself was incredibly well put together. I appreciate the eerie opening with the classic music and the look inside the castle. I'm also glad we haven't gotten a look at the Beast quite yet. Hopefully he is a bit more menacing when we first see him this time around.

What are your thoughts on what he have seen so far?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I am looking forward to this live action version. The animated Beauty and the Beast is one of my favourite Disney films so I hope this one stands up. I recently watched the live action Jungle Book and they did a really good job with that

Misty

Ronin
I'm surprisingly pleased with all their choices. Watson seems like an ideal Belle. The CGI rose seemed like a bit much, but maybe I'm just silly to assume real roses are beautiful and enchanting enough.

I am not entirely sold on Emma Watson being cast as Belle, but the trailer itself was incredibly well put together.

Pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I think unfortunately, my head will always see her as "the kid who played Hermione", so this'll feel weird to watch. I suppose that's simply the danger of having a person playing a particular role for so long.

I'll give it a chance, definitely. I want to see what they've done for this one.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I'll watch it when it ends up on tv, since I never go to theaters anymore, loud people you know, I don't care who plays who honestly. They picked me to be romeo in high school, I wasn't exactly attractive.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm surprisingly pleased with all their choices. Watson seems like an ideal Belle. The CGI rose seemed like a bit much, but maybe I'm just silly to assume real roses are beautiful and enchanting enough.
It's just impossible for a rose these days to keep up with modern beauty standards.

Mido

Version 1
This trailer only reinforced my expectations for the film, and it seems like a winner in my book! The castle scenes depicted in the trailer appear extremely faithful to the original style of the animated one. The excitement continues to grow in this camp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom