• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Aren's Sketchbook(aka Monolith's Art Thread)

bunny

birb overlord
Looks really good, Hyli. C: You did a spectacular job on the wrinkles in his shirt. Clothing is personally very challenging for me to draw, but you seem to have it down. Keep up the good work, you'll achieve your manga dream someday. =D

Super duper cool Mono, as usual. :D

Thank you! Like I said... I was bored. And, as Aren says, when the inspiration strikes them, an artist will draw.

Your recent art looks amazing and very detailed, Monolith. Great work:yes: Love to see more.

Thank you! I've been drawing a lot lately, as soon as i get home I have Oz Bezariuses and Kirinens and Shiny Charizrds to upload. *winks at Atsie*.

Great Job! :yes: (Like the stickers I used to receive in school) ^^

Haha. I got a sticker! If only this artwork was worth a grade, lol.

Aren's kinda cute...

Forget I said that. You are an awesome artist. Simple as that.

I am most certainly not forgetting that! And thank you, thank you very much. I do try. :D

He's really cute, and that is fully intentional. <3 [What? No! I'm not talking about you, Aren! Go away.]

Looks really good, Hyli. C: You did a spectacular job on the wrinkles in his shirt. Clothing is personally very challenging for me to draw, but you seem to have it down. Keep up the good work, you'll achieve your manga dream someday. =D

Thank you! It was a long while before I got the hang of clothing, but, well, look around you. That's what I do with almost everything. I'm still working on full mastery, lol.

I'm working hard, and I think I've almost got it(manga)! Five pages of practice got me somewhere, that's for sure. I intend to share upon arrival at personal abode :3

Aren is very pretty. He has that "young and intelligent" look that I really imagined him having in BSB.

Well, I certainly tried! The appearance of a character, especially when it comes after personality, needs to reflect who they are. I think I managed to figure it out with this picture, at last. It's great to hear that I reflected who he is inside with who he is outside.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I tried "reply with quote" but it wouldn't work for me. The board is broken for me tonight for some reason. I do have an old OS... I hope I won't eventually get kicked off this thing because of that.

Have you ever seen the movie "Titanic" H_M? If you haven't, there's a character who is an artist and talk of French women of a certain kind. Nudity is eventually invoked.

Regardless of all the nonsense that ensued above... Um, right. May I ask that people not try to mess with me like that on my art thread? I mean, I don't want to be a Nazi or act like a mod, but misunderstandings like that are really, really embarrassing for me. I have a huge thing with being wrong... yeha. So... I appreciate actual requests, but I can't deal with people doing ^that. That is all. Think of it as a personal preference thing, not me modding! Don't kill me D:

In other news. I drew another character that isn't mine. His name is Lance, and while ownership of this character once again falls to Go_Skyward(who requested that I design this look), the design of his outfit and the adaption of the weapon are mine. That is all.

qq97xy.jpg

I've never played Final Fantasy, no. That is all.

[dearNayruthatpositionissoboringaugh]

The sword.... O.O Epic work Mono, we love your drawings! :D

Thank you! The original sword was complex, but short and had less of a curve. I had to go very carefully, because allegedly it has boomerang abilities. I did not originally make the crisscross, the three holes, or the serrated inner edge. Other than that... the shape is my design.

LANCE IS FREAKING CUTE, TOO!

You're almost too good. Expect requests when your current list is completed.

HE'S HER CHARACTER! Tell her that! Ugh, he doens't look that much like lance, does he? :(
What list? This came up in a conversation with her. I want requests now! :kawaii:

Another great drawing which makes me wish I had yo skillz

Thank you! Mah skillz... I dunno where they came from, honestly. A LOT of practice(a LOT), a lot of studying other people's styles, a lot of people teaching me to draw, etc. I can't draw a stick figure. And these things aren't easy! I re-proportion my undersketches at least three time per drawing. And I only share the good ones, not the flukes. These things take a while, too. Lance was at the very least a half-hour drawing, with the inking only taking ten of that.

Another excellent drawing so I see.

Thank you. I try, I really do. :D

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
By list, I meant the requests you've gotten for other people's drawings. Like Rento and that shiny Charizard. When your to-do list is finished, I'd like to make a request of my own, if you don't mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom