• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are forums obsolete?

I hope forums don't die out and get killed by Facebook, Twitter, etc. Social media sites just seem to be full of people dying for attention and popularity. I understand that people want to stay in touch with friends and whatever (that's absolutely fine), but just posting any old crap to get some followers is pathetic. Forums are different, you don't come here to get internet popularity. Forums are for having debates and discussions about certain topics and interests or friendly chitchat. You can stay anonymous too which is a lovely added bonus for shy people like me :)

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I love forums. I prefer them over other social media any day. I like talking to a smaller group of people, and not being overwhelmed by a flood of posts (though I do like to browse on Reddit and sometimes tumblr and facebook, I rarely ever leave a message or comment)

I hope forums stick around, but I'm sure they won't. That's just the way life is. I know the former generations are upset that their favorite way to communicate is falling to the wayside. Learning new things is challenging when you get older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom