• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Are Calamitty Ganon and the Guardians Linked?

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
I think their is a clear link between the two villains, since it would be a bit stupid if there wasn't. What we know from Skyward Sword is that Demise is a mix of Ghirhim and the Imprisoned. Killing them all together would be too surreal to imagine. Even though the game considered Demise dead, they could easily rise from the dead as separate and since Ghirhim knows that Link will probably come back to save the world once again so they team up and instead of killing the unexplained, resurrected version of Link they send him to sleep. But knowing that he'll wake up after 100 years, they send Calamitty Ganon who summons the Guardians to destroy the world before Link wakes up.
So, what are your thoughts/theories on Calamitty Gano and the Guardians?

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
to be honest, when it came down to this in generally... first thing that hit me was.... these werent connected.... as we see it, indeed... right now, the guardians appear to be evil...... but they are called ''guardians''
so I came down to it..... after alot of wondering.... yes, they are evil where we saw it... but cant they be an enemy of ganon, and see you as the same species as that of ganon.. or basically be under some sort of curse to make them attack you?
You also see broken guardians in the game.. making me think... they somehow participared in a ''war'' if there was one...
Perhaps link has to beat them to get them on his side... somehow like what nintendo did in majoras mask with the large giants that held the moon up when it was about to fall down!
Four_Giants.jpg

the guardians have to be guarding something... maybe you just have to gain their trust thru combat in order to later obtain their help with ganon?

Night Owl

~Momentai
The guardians strike me as a form of high tech security system. They strike me as similar to beamoses, armoses, and other mechanical baddies that are basically security systems that see anything that moves as a threat. My guess is that they are there to prevent access to shrines or other sacred sites to prevent them from being robbed. My guess is that years of deterioration have caused them to see everyone as a threat including the person they are supposed to let into the shrines.
I think that they are more or less a hostile neutral party to Link.

My theory (that i have in another thread very similar to this one) is that the Guardians were created by the Sheikah, then Calamity Ganon happened and took control of them.

The Guardians, when hunting Link, have the same pinkish glow that Calamity Ganon has despite the Guardians being very likely Sheikah in origin.

I dont think (and hope to hell) that Ghirahim and Demise dont have anything to do with the Guardians, Calamity Ganon or BotW as a whole.

Reactions: Dio

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I think @Spirit has the right idea, or close to it. Whether it's the Shiekah or not who created them, I think they were constructed for a benevolent purpose. This purpose has become lost or perverted, however, likely due to the influence of Calamity Ganon and his followers.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I think the color coordination of the two is very clear. I'm pretty confident it was intended to interpret the pink glow as Ganon. It seems like a very deliberate design decision.

If I remember, in Skyward Sword,
Girahim became Demise's sword.
I wouldn't interpret this as them being fused together, but one might. But I don't see how it has to do with the link between those guardians and Ganon.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The guardians seem to ignore the bokoblins and just go for Link so I suspect that whilst initially a sheikah technology they are now under the control of Ganon.

As for Demise. I dont think we will ever see him again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom