• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Aonuma Pressed Over MM Remake

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Aonuma Pressed over Majora’s Mask Remake

NL: Fans have often said that they'd like to see a 3D remake of Majora's Mask, just as there was one of Ocarina of Time. There were rumours that it was a possibility - is that still the case, or are you focusing on new games from now on?

Aonuma: You've heard rumours? [laughs] Hmm, I wonder! [laughs again]

NL: I would be very excited myself, it's one of my favourites of the series.

Aonuma: Majora's Mask is a very special game - it's the real hardcore who like that one. If we were to make a remake of that one then we wouldn't want to let them down. We'd have to put our heart and soul into it. So, you say you’ve heard rumours, but I have to say it would be quite a commitment to do that.

As you can see, Aonuma is still just begging the question. He isn't answering yes or no and quite frankly as an ardent supporter of MM3D, that is really annoying. We've already got it confirmed that ALBW takes place in the same world as ALttP and more or less is a slightly-less-lazy-remake of the game than TWWHD is to TWW, but where's the meat?

Props to Aonuma calling MM hardcore though. I respect him for that!

Big Octo

=^)
Why not do it? He knows people want it, so he knows that he'll make good money.

Also, I find that in interviews such as these, no means no, and maybe or vagueness means either yes, or yes, but later cancelled in development. There's still hope!

DarkLink17

Well then
I doubt MM3D is in production yet, but I'm sure there has been plenty of discussion about it over at Nintendo. I would love for this to happen just as much as the next guy, but for now Aonuma probably wants to focus on fresh, new titles at the moment. There will be time for a remake later.

I have never lost faith that Majora's Mask 3D will eventually be remade. I have a feeling it will be announced sometime after A Link Between Worlds so I'm gonna keep up that positive thinking.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Your answer is maybe...a very No leaning maybe. He doesn't want to say yes, because it probably won't happen. He doesn't want to say maybe because then fans would pester him about it, assuming he meant yes. He doesn't want to say no because there is a slim chance it might happen.

Better case scenario is that he doesn't want to hype it up and make you feel like you're waiting too long on a promise. And he didn't call MM hardcore, he said only the hardcore fans like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom