• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Aonuma may have already CONFIRMED the Timeline Placement! (And it's the biggest mistake ever)

What do you think of this official Timeline Placement?

• Don't we already have enough Downfall Timeline games for now?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Hey, everyone. I started this thread cause while passing by hearing about one certain something that Aonuma brought up for nearly almost three months now, I came across and noticed something that I kept overlooking. And I realized now that me overlooking it (these three simple details) was actually intentional. And for very good reason too (though, most of you would probably disagree, but whatever, that's your opinion). I say this because these three details are literally the very thing that many actually still don't realize just confirmed the timeline placement for BotW. And, in my opinion, it's one of the worst ones possible to get confirmed. Though, again, like I said, most of you would probably disagree after reading the part where I mention which one. But I don't care. If I want to think this timeline placement is dumb, that's my opinion.

Anyways, here's a quote taking from Kotaku:

At a group Q&A with reporters on Sunday, Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma was asked where the game fit into the franchise timeline. Aonuma said he didn’t want to say much about the story at the moment but said he’d stare a hint. He noted that that the t-shirt he was wearing showed the symbol for the Sheikah stones and that it was the same one from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. (In Breath of the Wild, the reawakened Link uses a high-tech item called the “Sheikah slate”). Aonuma also reminded people that, at the start of this game, Link is told he’s been asleep for 100 years. “He teased: “You can decide what this means.”

Now here's the three details in the same quote that I was talking about:

He noted that that the t-shirt he was wearing showed the symbol for the Sheikah stones and that it was the same one from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. (In Breath of the Wild, the reawakened Link uses a high-tech item called the “Sheikah slate”). Aonuma also reminded people that, at the start of this game, Link is told he’s been asleep for 100 years. “He teased: “You can decide what this means.”

That's right! BotW, according Aonuma, may have already been confirmed to take place after OoT, before ALttP, either during or after the Imprisoning War. Either way, it's confirmed now that in Nintendo's canon, BotW is between OoT and ALttP.

Yes, that's also right people! Another Downfall Timeline game! God, how many games does this timeline need before Nintendo comes out and decides that enough is enough?!

However, based on evidence found in the game itself, I'm still sticking to my before OoT placement (because, in my opinion, it would make more legitimate and logical sense), until more is revealed that could potentially support the placement that Aonuma confirmed. Which, if that happens, then I've already decided that I may not even get the game as I'm rapidly losing interest in it due to all this craziness surrounding it anyways.

Boy, it's really starting to seem like as if Nintendo just only cares about the Downfall Timeline for some reason. So this might as well be Nintendo's new timeline in the next edition of HH:

|SS---MC---FS---OoT/MM---BotW---TP---FSA---ALttP/OoX/LA---ALBW/TFH---TLoZ/TAoL

And yes, that too, is also right! To Nintendo, there is no more Adult or Child Timeline, just one linear timeline now. Which means WW, PH, and ST are no longer canon. But since Aonuma also confirmed that BotW is heavily connected to TP, that's why MM, TP, and FSA are still canon. As Aonuma hinting at major change in the timeline, lore, canon, and stuff, with the Hero of Time Link possibly falling sometime after MM, leading to BotW, then officially dying and becoming the regretful Hero's Shade in TP, then FSA, ALttP/OoX/LA, ALBW/TFH, and then finally TLoZ/TAoL instead of having a split timeline.

This could likely be due to the series of complaints and negative feedback towards HH. More specifically, the Downfall Timeline. And since that's where the memorable classics are, Nintendo knew they couldn't just abandon those games. Plus, judging by the hate that WW received in the past and the disappointment when Nintendo revealed WW HD before MM 3D, Nintendo may have decided it was wise to take take the whole WW timeline out.

So, does this mean that Nintendo really is ditching the split timeline? Could this mean we will finally see a Zelda III coming sometime in the future if this is case? It seems like Nintendo just wants the Zelda timeline to be linear and simple to understand from now on.

It's all because people (mainly linearists) failed to understand the split timeline. And kind of ironic how I'm saying this now actually because I used to be a linearist. But unlike most linearists, I actually came to understand the split timeline. However, by the time I did, it was already not long before Nintendo came out the book of contradictions, the unholy HH that came like a storm and eventually, over time, ruined everything, regardless if had any pros (which it did, but not whole lot compared to the all so many cons though)!

Anyways, with all said, yes, it is confirmed people. BotW IS officially after OoT and before ALttP. (which I'm against, but whatever)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It sounds to me like you have just pulled the before ALTTP bit out of thin air. Nothing in Aounumas quote suggests it goes before ALTTP, only that it connects to OOT which most games tend to do anyway. All we have to go on is that it is potentially after OOT which is pretty obvious anyway from the ruined temple of time which still stood in OOT, to the great bridge of Hylia which was built after OOT.

You seem to forget or ignore that there are two other timelines in which the game can come after OOT also. The Korok presence in BoTW and salt rock 'from an ancient sea' suggests it is more likely in the adult timeline but again none of that has been confirmed in a quote, but at least there is in game evidence to support the idea.

Last edited:
Outside of the adult timeline, BotW probably has a chance of fitting into the decline timeline and it being the story of OoT Link failing, or rather the story after he failed.

But right now its still anyones guess. Im more of the opinion thst BotW is a decline story and very potentially between OoT and AlttP but like @Deus said theres more than enough evidence to sink any timeline theory atm.

Yeah, its nice to get our geek on, but story will always be an after thought in Zelda and after SS we really need to know how much retcon we're dealing with too. For all we know BotW could be retconning entire games or even timelines.

I also really cant figure how you come to the conclusion that the adult timeline is no longer canon either.

Last edited:

VitaTempusN92

It sounds to me like you have just pulled the before ALTTP bit out of thin air. Nothing in Aounumas quote suggests it goes before ALTTP, only that it connects to OOT which most games tend to do anyway. All we have to go on is that it is potentially after OOT which is pretty obvious anyway from the ruined temple of time which still stood in OOT, to the great bridge of Hylia which was built after OOT.

You seem to forget or ignore that there are two other timelines in which the game can come after OOT also. The Korok presence in BoTW and salt rock 'from an ancient sea' suggests it is more likely in the adult timeline but again none of that has been confirmed in a quote, but at least there is in game evidence to support the idea.

1) No, I didn't! Read the following again:

Aonuma also reminded people that, at the start of this game, Link is told he’s been asleep for 100 years.

Link is confirmed to be asleep for 100 years. Then look back at this bit:

He noted that that the t-shirt he was wearing showed the symbol for the Sheikah stones and that it was the same one from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

It's confirmed that this game is closely connected to OoT. And judging by the whole thing said was worded, it indicates that the game could turn out to be after OoT in the official canon, as backed part of the quote:

“He teased: “You can decide what this means.”

Which "this" could clearly be referring to the other two bits. Now, let's look at these bits in the order they were said but worded a bit differently, with the inclusion of additional information that was revealed, and in bullets this time.

• The Sheikah symbol is the same one from Ocarina of Time. Confirming relation to Ocarina of Time.
  • Link has been asleep for 100 years, while Ganon is being contained at Hyrule Castle. Suggesting this Link may be the same Link from OoT and Ganon (not Ganondorf) is being contained at Hyrule Castle. Thus, pointing directly at the Downfall Timeline, before Ganon was sealed in the sacred realm, before ALttP, which is supposed to be many centuries or a millennium after the Ocarina of Time, not a century or two.
  • Aonuma teased with "You can decide what this means.", clearly as his playful cryptic way of saying "You know what this means! *wink* *wink*". Which really nails it that Aonuma really was clearly implying that this game is during the Imprisoning War era.
And with that, I naturally came to the conclusion that Aonuma may have just cryptically confirmed that BotW is after OoT, before ALttP. But a lot of people seemed to overlook it a lot, including myself, until now.

I also really cant figure how you come to the conclusion that the adult timeline is no longer canon either.

Well, because they released two Downfall Timeline games in the past few years already. And if this game is also a Downfall Timeline, naturally I feel like Nintendo doesn't care about the Adult or Child Timelines anymore, that it would seem like they just want the timeline to just be simple and linear like it used to be, before OoT came around.

Plus, Aonuma and Miyamoto are getting so old now that they probably feel like that just can't work such a complex timeline as the split timeline. And they really want to bring series back to it's roots. Which may not be just gameplay experience wise, but also, timeline and lore wise.

Plus, Aonuma and Miyamoto are getting so old now that they probably feel like that just can't work such a complex timeline as the split timeline. And they really want to bring series back to it's roots. Which may not be just gameplay experience wise, but also, timeline and lore wise.

These two have always gone with the 'story as an appendice to gameplay', surely if theyre too old to be bothered then having more than one timeline would be helpful since they could just shove a game anywhere on any line instead of having to find a gap before or after a game on one line?

Either way i dont think anything is confirmed in the points you made. BotW does have a good chance of happening between OoT and AlttP but also has a good chance of ending up in a few other places too.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Either way, it's confirmed now that in Nintendo's canon, BotW is between OoT and ALttP.
No it isn't. He never said that. You've just pulled that out of thin air. Calm down.

God, how many games does this timeline need before Nintendo comes out and decides that enough is enough?!
Why does it matter how many games are on a particular timeline? What difference does it make to anything? Calm down.

However ... I'm still sticking to my before OoT placement (because, in my opinion, it would make more legitimate and logical sense), until more is revealed that could potentially support the placement that Aonuma confirmed.
Emphasis added by me. The only "legitimate" timeline placement is whatever Aonuma or Miyamoto says. No one is telling you you have to like it but if they say the game is set before Ocarina then your opinion, no matter how much you like it, is not "legitimate".

In addition, the only thing Aonuma needs to support his timeline placement is his own confirmation. Which he hasn't yet given. You've just jumped to a conclusion. Calm down.

Which, if that happens, then I've already decided that I may not even get the game as I'm rapidly losing interest in it due to all this craziness surrounding it anyways.
Emphasis added by me. You might not get the game because of where it is on the timeline? In a series that, as Spirit said, treats story as an afterthought? And you expect people to see you as logical? Calm down.

So this might as well be Nintendo's new timeline in the next edition of HH:

And yes, that too, is also right! To Nintendo, there is no more Adult or Child Timeline, just one linear timeline now.
What new edition of Hyrule Historia? What new timeline? Since when did he "confirm" that the Adult and Child timelines are non-canon and how does that make any sense with you saying the Child Timeline games still are? The only crazy thing I've seen surrounding Breath of the Wild so far is you. Calm down.

This could likely be due to the series of complaints and negative feedback towards HH. More specifically, the Downfall Timeline.
Then why would they put so many games on it after the Historia was released? A Link Between Worlds and Tri Force Heroes aren't "classics". They have no reason to add more games to that timeline to remind people of the classics.

Could it be — and this might be bonkers, I know — but could it be all the oldest games are on the same timeline because they were the only ones made when there was a legitimate attempt to connect the games when they were actually made? Which means it's the one timeline with a strong sense of linearity to it and thus the easiest to add new games on. Remember, Twilight Princess was the first game that didn't make sense, chronologically. Before that everything was linear and straightforward. Even Wind Waker fit into a linear timeline until Twilight Princess confused everything. Just a thought.

Plus, judging by the hate that WW received in the past and the disappointment when Nintendo revealed WW HD before MM 3D, Nintendo may have decided it was wise to take take the whole WW timeline out.
If the hate for Wind Waker was enough for them to remove it from canon ten years later it wouldn't have gotten two sequels. This point makes absolutely no sense at all. Calm down.

So, does this mean that Nintendo really is ditching the split timeline?
No.

Could this mean we will finally see a Zelda III coming sometime in the future if this is case?
No.

It seems like Nintendo just wants the Zelda timeline to be linear and simple to understand from now on.
It is simple to understand. You just don't like it.

However, by the time I did, it was already not long before Nintendo came out the book of [retcons]
Fixed that for you.

Anyways, with all said, yes, it is confirmed people. BotW IS officially after OoT and before ALttP.
This is nothing near confirmation. It might imply that, sure, but "confirm" is a leap in the dark based on what you're quoting. Calm down.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Suggesting this Link may be the same Link from OoT and Ganon (not Ganondorf) is being contained at Hyrule Castle. Thus, pointing directly at the Downfall Timeline, before Ganon was sealed in the sacred realm, before ALttP, which is supposed to be many centuries or a millennium after the Ocarina of Time, not a century or two.
Ganondorf was sealed in the Sacred Realm at the end of Ocarina on both the Adult and Downfall timelines. So how does this point to only one of those?

Some time later on the Downfall Timeline he escaped and the Imprisoning War happened and he was sealed in the Sacred Realm again. Some time later on the Adult Timeline he escaped and the Great Flood happened and he was buried under the ocean.

By you own reasoning Breath of the Wild could just as easily come before Wind Waker. It seems as though you're forgetting that Ganon was sealed in the Sacred Realm twice on the Downfall Timeline: once at the end of Ocarina and again during the Imprisoning War some time later.

You're also assuming that Ganon will be sealed in the Sacred Realm at the end of Breath of the Wild. The game could end with everything sinking. We don't know yet. There is no solid reason to assume Link having slept for 100 years automatically means the game must be on the Downfall Timeline. It could just as easily be on the Adult.

Aonuma teased with "You can decide what this means.", clearly as his playful cryptic way of saying "You know what this means! *wink* *wink*". Which really nails it that Aonuma really was clearly implying that this game is during the Imprisoning War era.
He could easily have been suggesting that they haven't given it any thought and are leaving everything to player interpretation. He "clearly" means what you think because it's the first thing that came to your mind. Maybe you're right. But the point is that everything you have said is your interpretation. To say this is proof, confirmation, of something is a leap in the dark.

Reactions: Dio

VitaTempusN92

:fpalm:

*sighs*

This is why I hate making threads like this! The EVIDENCE I show just keeps going over people's heads like it don't exist! So let me sum this up for you people ONE MORE TIME (this time, with more big pieces of evidence, and also this time, PLEASE ACTUALLY HEAR ME OUT and LISTEN):
  • The Sheikah is the SAME one from OoT!
  • Link IS the Hero of Time as confirmed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOtNo7uGTWQ
  • Link is asleep for ONE HUNDRED years! Not one thousand!
  • GANON (NOT Ganondorf) is being CONTAINED at HYRULE CASTLE! Hmm, I wonder why that is!
  • The Master Sword's location is reminiscent to the one from ALttP and ALBW.
  • The Temple of Time is still there.
  • Link will be wearing Knight's Armor at some point in the game. And as we ALL KNOW, it's said the Hero of Time was a KNIGHT OF HYRULE once in the Downfall Timeline as hinted in ALttP!
  • Old Man mentions the decline of Hyrule.
  • Miyamoto brings up the connections the game has with the original.
  • And lastly Aonuma's TEASING QUOTE "Aonuma: You can decide what this means."! Like I said, based on all the above, you can CLEARLY tell that it's his playful cryptic way of saying "Aonuma: You KNOW what THIS means! *WINK* *WINK*".
With all that said, it's ALL CRYPTICALLY CONFIRMED! So it IS confirmed! Just in a CRYPTIC, DISCRETE, and SNEAKY manner! Which is why a lot of people, including ALL of you, keep OVERLOOKING that IS confirmed! I mean, ALL throughout the E3 Treehouse Live Stream, they REALLY SPOON-FED us the idea that the game IS in the DOWNFALL TIMELINE! And then you Aonuma SUM IT UP with this:
  • Ocarina of Time
  • 100 year slumber
  • "You should know what this means"
Thus, straight putting nail in on the timeline topic, cryptically, but, at the SAME TIME, so OBVIOUSLY pointing the nail at the IMPRISONING WAR ERA! How ANYONE can MISS that is beyond me!

It's JUST like when ALBW was first announced. Bill Trinen stated the game was after ALttP. But people like me overlooked and thought as if there could've been a chance that it was before ALttP. I even did an old theory thread about it. And people on here all said it was wrong and that it was confirmed after ALttP at first announcement. I didn't believe it at first, then when by the time I did, it was made 100% official in the fall close to release of the game. Then later when I brought up when Bill confirmed ALBW was after ALttP, people on here said that it wasn't set in stone at the time. Which is when I started getting the gist that people on here just love to find excuses and reasons to disagree with me all because they don't like me. Which is wrong! Hear me out first, before you judge!

My point is, the evidence I showed does confirm that BotW is after OoT, before ALttP. If you put it all together, PLUS Aonuma's TEASE, there is your CONFIRMATION! There! It's CONFIRMED! And don't say "Oh it's not set in stone yet!", cause that's what was said in discussion about the first time ALBW was said to be after ALttP, which was used to prove my old outdated ALBW theory wrong at the time.

And now that I'm saying that this tease by Aonuma is way of confirming that the placement is exactly what Imprisoning War Era placement believers thought of, don't refuse to believe and don't let it fly over your head like I did with ALBW, when that game was still a new thing coming out. Don't be like I was in 2013 just to get back at me cause that would be cruel, mean, and immoral.

Oh, and yes, in case you haven't noticed, I'm pretty angry right now. So if you want me to chill, I'd suggest that you actually READ this WHOLE thing FIRST, then take a moment to THINK about it, let it SINK in, think of a PROPER response that actually makes sense, and one that actually SHOWS that you were ACTUALLY LISTENING, before you send something!

I'd like to know that there are people that actually listen to others like myself, rather than just plugging ears and going "lalalalalalalalalalala".

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
:fpalm:

*sighs*

This is why I hate making threads like this! The EVIDENCE I show just keeps going over people's heads like it don't exist! So let me sum this up for you people ONE MORE TIME (this time, with more big pieces of evidence, and also this time, PLEASE ACTUALLY HEAR ME OUT and LISTEN):
  • The Sheikah is the SAME one from OoT
te
The Sheikah is always the same one from OoT? I mean. They are the exact same tribe. The ones that made Gossip Stones, that were later used as communication stones as wind waker... So yes? It's been blatantly obvious that this is after OoT. But this means nothing.
Very astute observation. But this means absolutely nothing to your theory.
  • Link is asleep for ONE HUNDRED years! Not one thousand!
Uh... So? For all we know, this could take place far after any Zelda game to date in any of the timelines. It doesn't matter how long Link has been sleeping.
  • GANON (NOT Ganondorf) is being CONTAINED at HYRULE CASTLE! Hmm, I wonder why that is!
Oh wow! Its not like Ganon(NOT ganondorf) hasn't appeared in OoT, Twilight Princess, and Four Swords Adventures.
  • The Master Sword's location is reminiscent to the one from ALttP and ALBW.
The Master Sword's location is reminiscent from the one in Twilight Princess as well.
  • The Temple of Time is still there.
Which is all the more reason that BotW doesn't take place in the downfall timeline. The temple of time has never made an appearance in that timeline at all.
  • Link will be wearing Knight's Armor at some point in the game. And as we ALL KNOW, it's said the Hero of Time was a KNIGHT OF HYRULE once in the Downfall Timeline as hinted in ALttP!
Oh wow. Link wears clothes and armor? It's not like he just bought it from a shop or from some dead bokoblins or something.
  • Old Man mentions the decline of Hyrule.
The King of Red Lions mentions the decline of Hyrule too... Look at that! It's not like Hyrule isn't ever in decline if a hero is there to save it.
  • Miyamoto brings up the connections the game has with the original.
In gameplay. Yes. But that has no significance on the plot.
  • And lastly Aonuma's TEASING QUOTE "Aonuma: You can decide what this means."! Like I said, based on all the above, you can CLEARLY tell that it's his playful cryptic way of saying "Aonuma: You KNOW what THIS means! *WINK* *WINK*".
Just like how Link was confirmed to be a girl because Aonuma was teasing us?
est
With all that said, it's ALL CRYPTICALLY CONFIRMED! So it IS confirmed! Just in a CRYPTIC, DISCRETE, and SNEAKY manner! Which is why a lot of people, including ALL of you, keep OVERLOOKING that IS confirmed! I mean, ALL throughout the E3 Treehouse Live Stream, they REALLY SPOON-FED us the idea that the game IS in the DOWNFALL TIMELINE! And then you Aonuma SUM IT UP with this:
  • Ocarina of Time
  • 100 year slumber
  • "You should know what this means"
Thus, straight putting nail in on the timeline topic, cryptically, but, at the SAME TIME, so OBVIOUSLY pointing the nail at the IMPRISONING WAR ERA! How ANYONE can MISS that is beyond me!

It's JUST like when ALBW was first announced. Bill Trinen stated the game was after ALttP. But people like me overlooked and thought as if there could've been a chance that it was before ALttP. I even did an old theory thread about it. And people on here all said it was wrong and that it was confirmed after ALttP at first announcement. I didn't believe it at first, then when by the time I did, it was made 100% official in the fall close to release of the game. Then later when I brought up when Bill confirmed ALBW was after ALttP, people on here said that it wasn't set in stone at the time. Which is when I started getting the gist that people on here just love to find excuses and reasons to disagree with me all because they don't like me. Which is wrong! Hear me out first, before you judge!

My point is, the evidence I showed does confirm that BotW is after OoT, before ALttP. If you put it all together, PLUS Aonuma's TEASE, there is your CONFIRMATION! There! It's CONFIRMED! And don't say "Oh it's not set in stone yet!", cause that's what was said in discussion about the first time ALBW was said to be after ALttP, which was used to prove my old outdated ALBW theory wrong at the time.

And now that I'm saying that this tease by Aonuma is way of confirming that the placement is exactly what Imprisoning War Era placement believers thought of, don't refuse to believe and don't let it fly over your head like I did with ALBW, when that game was still a new thing coming out. Don't be like I was in 2013 just to get back at me cause that would be cruel, mean, and immoral.

Oh, and yes, in case you haven't noticed, I'm pretty angry right now. So if you want me to chill, I'd suggest that you actually READ this WHOLE thing FIRST, then take a moment to THINK about it, let it SINK in, think of a PROPER response that actually makes sense, and one that actually SHOWS that you were ACTUALLY LISTENING, before you send something!

I'd like to know that there are people that actually listen to others like myself, rather than just plugging ears and going "lalalalalalalalalalala".
You haven't "CONFIRMED" anything. You are just putting evidence that has no relevance to this topic together, "plugging your ears and going 'lalalalalalalalalalalalala'".

At best, this is a mediocre fan theory that holds very little water to the rest of the world.
Now, if you were to get some actual evidence that wasn't circumstantial, such as, I don't know, the item description of Salt in BotW hinting that all of Hyrule used to be flooded. Then we will talk.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It's CONFIRMED!!! when Aonuma says "hey guys, this is when the game takes place". Until then, no matter how many extremely vague hints that could mean more than your ONE OBVIOUS CONCLUSION (exclamation point), it is nothing more than speculation. Sure, you may be onto something. However, the "evidence" you provided does not lead to one definitive spot on the timeline, no matter how much you want to believe it does. You call us out for not seeing the evidence, when you yourself fail to see any alternatives, which is a very ignorant way of thinking.

That said, is it possible it takes place where you think? Yes. Is it confirmed? Far from it. Are there other places it could take place given the hints provided? Certainly.

As a sidenote, nobody here has a problem with you. Theorizing about Zelda is fun, and hearing other people's opinions is great! However, when you start speaking as if you know everything is 100% confirmed, when it's far from it, and then you call others stupid for disagreeing with you when they present perfectly valid points as well, that's when people get annoyed. Take a chill pill and don't take things to personally. You always seem to act like you know everything, when realistically, unless you work for Nintendo, you shouldn't know anything with 100% certainty. Hell, Nintendo has even been known to change things after they've been confirmed. Some of your theories are intriguing, you just need to learn to have healthy, friendly debates instead of losing your cool every time someone simply disagrees with you. Contrary to what you may believe, you are not Devine, you are not Almighty, and you sure as hell are not above everyone else here. Just something to think about. If you would like to discuss this further, please pm me rather than derailing this thread.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Which is when I started getting the gist that people on here just love to find excuses and reasons to disagree with me all because they don't like me.
Dude, calm down.

You're assuming people don't like you because they don't agree with you. People don't agree with you because what you're saying makes no sense. You're saying that you can OBVIOUSLY CONFIRM something by talking about it CRYPTICALLY and INDRIECTLY. If you cannot understand how this is a contradiction then there's no hope for you.

You're also assuming that people haven't read your posts in full because they disagree. This is pretty arrogant on your part. I have read every word you've written here. And I still disagree because you are using words that do not mean what you think they mean.

When Bill Trinen placed A Link Between Worlds after A Link to the Past he was specific. Read that again. He was specific. What he said was not up for interpretation. There was a single answer to the question.

That is not the case here. Breath of the Wild very well might be between Ocarina and Link to the Past. It might be. But they have not said specifically if that is the case. There are hints, there are interpretations, but there is no specific information. They have not said "Yes, Breath of the Wild is set 100 years after Ocarina of Time on the Downfall Timeline." What they've said is "Breath of the Wild Link has been asleep for 100 years."

Comparing this to Trinen's comments about A Link Between Worlds is utterly pointless because they are not the same situation. All it does is show how you don't understand the words you are using. You're getting mad because you don't understand what "confirm" means.

Calm. Down.

All of your evidence is just hints and speculation. It is not proof of anything. Some woman on a Treehouse stream says "Oh no, Hero of Time"? Most people even casually aware of the franchise know Link as the Hero of Time. It could mean this Link is. It could mean that particular woman uses Hero of Time as a synonym for Link. The point is it doesn't confirm anything because we don't know for certain.

Link wears knight armour. The Hero of Time is depicted as a knight on the Child Timeline in Twilight Princess. Yet you ignore that because it doesn't fit with your first, reactive interpretation. And then you say no one else is thinking about it in as much depth as you are.

But you aren't thinking about it in depth. You are jumping to a conclusion. You are willfully ignoring some details in favour of others. And then throwing the word "confirm" around like you know what it means.

I get that you're angry because they haven't used the idea you came up with and that's precious to you. But you need to calm down and understand that until they say specifically when this game is set, nothing is confirmed.

But why am I even posting when you've shown no indication that you will accept disagreement as a "PROPER" response?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom