• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Place I Can Get Japanese Fonts for My Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Okay, so my friend and I were looking up fonts together, and she stumbled upon the Font list on Zelda Universe, and all the Ancient Hylian ones intrigued us. Well, those were all fine and dandy, but I was a bit disappointed that the Ancient Hylian from Wind Waker wasn't in Japanese typing format, it went by English characters, not JP ones. That led me to wonder if I could get any Japanese text fonts.

I ALSO would like the in-game font that Wind Waker uses in the JP version. I like the way they do their Katakana. I know how to type in Japanese on my computer, and I can read/write in Japanese, so I'd like to have some extra fonts besides just your basic "MS Mincho"... :P

I'd also like the font on the COVER of Kaze no Takt. ALSO, I'd like Ancient Hylain (WW) to equate to my typing in of Japanese, (If that's even possible.) Because, in my Japanese copy of WW (Takt of Wind), I HAVE the booklet that tells me what symbols refer to what kana, and I actually can read it to some degree. (haven't memorized ALL of it yet though)....

ANYWAY, if anybody can find a link for Japanese text fonts, that would be WONDERFUL. :3

When I gathered those fonts for ZU, I was searching to see if I could find one, but I couldn't. If I had a font-making program, I could easily provide the complete Wind Waker Hylian character set as a font [the English font actually does not have all the characters of the language]. The issue is, a lot of decorative Japanese fonts--especially ones that represent the Katakana characters, are lined up the the Latin alphabet. Same goes for the Hylian fonts that are based off Japanese. So, you have to manually use the character sets provided in the English fonts and correspond the symbols to the Japanese.

For example, the Ocarina of Time Hylian font characters are in order of the QUERTY keyboard, so 1=a, 2=i, 3=u, etc. And, I actually have been translating Hylian for a while, so Hiragana and Romaji is dubbed in with the Katakana as well. So, "Zeruda no Densetsu" would be represented by:
1loun
in Ocarina of Time Hylian. But the Latin characters that represent that actually is: r,ygo\ti

If that makes any sense, then yay. Even with my extensive knowledge on fonts [and the Hylian alphabets] I'm horrible at explaining things in actual words... Character Map is your friend... [run charmap]

Resources:
N64 Hylian
Wind Waker Hylian

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Why thank you :D
And Yeah, I think I understand a little bit.

So, there's no way to type in Romanji and then have it be Hylian?
That kinda bites. But yeah, I guess the Character map helps here. :/

I LOVE the character map. I like using it for the little hearts and stars and things xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom