• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Animal Companions

Hopefully with the title being Breath of the Wild it is referring to Link being able to Warg into some of the animals.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
It's not a popular view because the implementation was lacking but I thought being able to talk to cats and frogs in TP was all kinds of fun. Considering you eat frogs and boars in BotW, we probably won't be talking to them, but I wouldn't be disappointed with more interaction, ie. animal companions.

Last edited:
I would absolutely love to ride Moosh. Speaking of fantasy animals, we really only saw real world animals on the Great Platue from what I remember. Do you think we'll see fantasy animals amidst things like boars and deer? Family of winged blue bears? Flock of Kargaroks?

As a kid I loved the Zelda instruction booklet as a much as the game. I loved looking at the enemies and reading their unnecessarily bizarre names. There were no real world animals. For some wacky reason bats weren't bats, they were called keese. Why? I don't know.

So there are probably no bears or deer either, just xoblogs and jimjams or something. They just look like bears and deer.

I really hope he does, brcause the image of Link with a wolf by his side fits the world of BotW perfectly.
I will be dissapointed if you need the amiibo to have a companion, especially since I don't see myself buying any amiibo.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
As a kid I loved the Zelda instruction booklet as a much as the game. I loved looking at the enemies and reading their unnecessarily bizarre names. There were no real world animals. For some wacky reason bats weren't bats, they were called keese. Why? I don't know.

So there are probably no bears or deer either, just xoblogs and jimjams or something. They just look like bears and deer.

While you could be entirely correct, we have had things like cats, loaches, bass, wolves, and monkies in TP. There were also do a food names for insects in TP and SS. In BotW, I only remember seeing that what we thought was a boar dropped "steak" and it seems a bird of any kind drops "bird meat". Still, we saw a Hotfoot Frog that link ate so there will probably be at least a few animals that share real world names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom