• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Discussion

Djinn

and Tonic
Since there has been quite a bit of news surrounding this upcoming movie I thought it would be best to make a thread for it.

First off they revealed the new costume, which looks almost exactly like the Raimi one.

6FcEN5cl.jpg

First
And we have now seen the new Mary Jane
Set pics reveal 1st look at Amazing Spider-Man 2's new Mary Jane | Blastr
Peter + Mary Jane finally meet in new Amazing Spidey 2 set video | Blastr
Plus it is also rumored that Jamie Fox will be playing the villain Electro in this movie.

Jamie Foxx as Electro will be badass.

However, Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane will be so ... out of place? The casting is a mix of spot on and so far off. Hopefully it can improve upon this last movie, which was amazing. (pun intended hahahaha I'm funny)

I don't know much about the comics, so there's not a lot for me to add other than that. I wish I could add more :(

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Djinn said:
Plus it is also rumored that Jamie Fox will be playing the villain Electro in this movie.

Finally. Electro gets the respect he deserves. Electro has always been one of my all-time favorite supervillains, and it's nice to see a great actor portray him. I can't wait to see it.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Glad they're bringing Mary-Jane into the story! Except I don't think she should have a huge role because Peter and Gwen have only been together for a short time
Jamie Foxx as Electro=AWESOME!

Jamie Foxx as Electro has been known for a while. Should be awesome. I don't know much about Woodley, but I think she has potential to be a good Mary Jane. Also, the new suit looks very good, but in a few on-set pictures it doesn't look good at all.

Here's a few other things that have been known for a bit:

1) Dane DeHaan from Chronicle will be playing Harry Osborn
2) Paul Giamatti has signed on for an unspecified role, rumored to be the Rhino
3) Colm Feore and Felicity Jones have signed on in unspecified roles
4) Chris Cooper will be portraying Norman Osborn

My responses:

1) I loved DeHaan in Chronicle; he should be an awesome Harry.
2) He wouldn't be my first choice for Rhino, but in a small role it could be pretty cool. I could also see Giamatti as J. Jonah Jameson.
3) I initially thought Feore would be playing Norman Osborn, but with Chris Cooper in that role I'm not sure who Feore will be playing; perhaps Adrian Toomes (Vulture). Felicity Jones is most likely Felicia Hardy (Black Cat) or Betty Brant.
4) Awesome casting. I doubt we'll see any Green Goblin till TASM3, but it'll still be nice to see Norman on screen.

I can't wait for this movie.

Jamie Foxx as Electro will be incredible. I'm also excited to see Mary Jane making an appearance, but I hope they don't toss Gwen out the window. Emma Stone is fantastic. I wonder if they'll split up the relationships nearly even between the two like in the comics. About the costume; why does he need a new one? Not that I'm complaining; I think it more closely resembles comic book Spider-Man than the Sam Raimi movie version.

Djinn

and Tonic
I love the idea of using the classic villains again and I like the idea of Electro finally getting a spotlight as the main villain in a movie. However the only thing that bothers me is the look.
Electro-marvel-comics-14715088-263-450.jpg

Elecrto looks really stupid. And this is in print, in real live even the most amazing looking costumes look dumb, but this has to be up there in the why was he designed that way?
Well maybe he is not the worst one out there but still pretty bad. The other side of this is going to typical movie hero/villain methods and make an all new black leather costume which I think has been done over and over again. And usually Spider Man movies are pretty faithful to the source material. However they did take Green Goblin and make him into some green cyborg type of thing without too much trouble. With Electro I hope they at least keep the green. Just lose that flat mask and lightning suspenders.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I love the idea of using the classic villains again and I like the idea of Electro finally getting a spotlight as the main villain in a movie. However the only thing that bothers me is the look.

Elecrto looks really stupid. And this is in print, in real live even the most amazing looking costumes look dumb, but this has to be up there in the why was he designed that way?
Well maybe he is not the worst one out there but still pretty bad. The other side of this is going to typical movie hero/villain methods and make an all new black leather costume which I think has been done over and over again. And usually Spider Man movies are pretty faithful to the source material. However they did take Green Goblin and make him into some green cyborg type of thing without too much trouble. With Electro I hope they at least keep the green. Just lose that flat mask and lightning suspenders.

What's to stop them from going the ultimate route and CGIing him? I'd at least forgive the fact that they cast a black dude as Electro.

What's to stop them from going the ultimate route and CGIing him? I'd at least forgive the fact that they cast a black dude as Electro.

Jamie Foxx has stated that the costume won't be green and yellow. It will most likely be similar to the Ultimate version as Turo said. That's this:

ultimateelectro.JPG

Djinn

and Tonic
Well first Jamie Foxx as Electro pics are out.

Jamie-Foxx-as-Electro.jpg

jamie-foxx-electro-lights.jpg

tumblr_mld2pdZxhe1qm3qa2o1_500.jpg

And Paul Giamatti as Rhino

paul-giamatti-the-rhino-01-640x462.jpg

paul-giamatti-rhino_thumb%25255B8%25255D.jpg

Looks like the ultimate versions again as usual for the Marvel movies. I just hope we get ordinary Green Goblin in the future and not the ultimate version of him. Also not sure if we will see Rhino in any costume in this movie. Paul Giamatti looks a little too wacky Bat-villain standard thug in this pic. Hope it gets a little better than that. The electro is not too bad, and I was expecting him to look pretty terrible if they planned on going with the standard green and yellow suit electro. But I think this works out well enough. I expect tons of cgi to obscure the weirdness of the silver and blue veins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom