• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Sonic: Lost World News and Discussion

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Wow, this game keeps interesting me more and more. From what I gather, it looks like Sega has finally worked out all of Sonic's issues from the past with its unique level design that seems almost impossible to fall off of, and parkour system that allows Sonic to seamlessly traverse the environment instead of crashing into it. The speed seems toned down, which is a good thing, and I'm loving the animation and music so far. I'm really getting an old-school vibe from this game.

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
Although Sonic seems like a total dickhole in this, I really like it xD
Reminds me of the animated series with Jaleel White combined with the 'Modern' Sonic.

Salem

SICK
I like the fact that the their adding new wisps, meaning it's a concept in a modern Sonic game that's popular enough to be reused unlike things like the guns from Shadow the hedgehog etc.

Now if only they can have the chaos emeralds be like the classics so you can access them anytime....

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I wonder how they are going to justify the return of thr wisps. I was sure they would never come back, but now seeing that they are returning, I wonder how they'll play out.

Fig

The Altruist
After seeing the Sonic Lost World Colors Trailer, I was telling myself that I must get the Wii U version of the game! Seeing those new color abilities looks so awesome and incredible. Another thing that I keep telling myself after every time I see a trailer for Sonic Lost World is that it reminds of a Super Mario Galaxy universe that Sonic just happened to fall into. That's actually a good thing, considering that Super Mario Galaxy is the highest-rated game of all time, with Ocarina of Time in 2nd by .01%. Comparing Sonic Lost World to Super Mario Galaxy is a huge plus to the game, thus increasing the hype for it. Though I really want to speak more about the game, IGN's video of Sonic Lost World just took the words out of my mouth perfectly. That's huge considering IGN doesn't really appreciate Nintendo games that much except for the mainstream ones that remain legendary even to this day such as Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy, and Sonic Colors. Hearing IGN loving the game and game mechanics really touches my heart and I really hope that they will enjoy Pokemon X and Y as well, but knowing IGN they will probably say that X and Y are the same as every other Pokemon game and tell everyone to purchase the new Call of Duty as a must-buy. But anyways, here's the video:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
That's actually a good thing, considering that Super Mario Galaxy is the highest-rated game of all time, with Ocarina of Time in 2nd by .01%.

According to GameRankings. According to Metacritic, Galaxy has a 97 and Ocarina has a 99. Besides, Galaxy's only higher on GameRankings because of a review that came out 5 years after the game's release... which is laugh-out-loud hilarious as to why it was even accepted. I don't count it as a result, not because it's OoT (surely you know I think there are a few better games out there), but because of that ridiculously late review. lol

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Comparing Sonic Lost World to SMG does not automatically mean that Sonic Lost World is a great game or anything. For all we know, it could be another Generations - great concepts but poor executions. When the game releases, we'll be able to tell, but for now I'm withholding judgment.

Salem

SICK
I wonder how they are going to justify the return of thr wisps. I was sure they would never come back, but now seeing that they are returning, I wonder how they'll play out.
I doubt they desperately need an explanation for their return, they were cool, seeing them come back is even cooler. They could say that they wanted to help Sonic or the villain from this game affected thier world again or something.

According to GameRankings. According to Metacritic, Galaxy has a 97 and Ocarina has a 99. Besides, Galaxy's only higher on GameRankings because of a review that came out 5 years after the game's release... which is laugh-out-loud hilarious as to why it was even accepted. I don't count it as a result, not because it's OoT (surely you know I think there are a few better games out there), but because of that ridiculously late review. lol
Just because it came out 5 years later it doesn't count? Doesn't Gamerankings accept any review no matter the date?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I also am not really liking the Wisps. It's more that I dislike alien races and really like having items grant powers. Either way it makes no sense, and my complaining is pointless, but yeah those are my two cents.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
5 years after the release of something is a liiiiiiitle bit, totally extremely late to be making an official review.

I swear I'd like this post like 10 times if we had the like button. >_>'

Anyway, again, SonicLW being compared to SMG does not really mean much. RE6 was compared to CoD after all, and that game was arguably worse than a CoD game. Like, much worse. ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom