• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[ALBW] Thief Girl Theory

Hi there,

I'm currently replaying A Link Between Worlds on Hero Mode and noticed something strange about the Thieves Hideout. Normally, after defeating a boss, a heart container appears where it was. This dungeon is different though, because you find the heart container in the Thief Girl's shack, along with Osfala's painting. It's implied that the Thief Girl stole the painting and hid it there, but why is the heart container here aswell? Seeing as the dungeon boss, Stalblind, is an undead creature, and heart containers are usually obtained after killing the boss (though admittedly you get one after defeating Yuga for the first time without killing him), does this mean the Thief Girl killed her boss?

Judging from the guard you meet at the entrance of the dungeon and the other townsfolk, I think it can be assumed that the Thieves are human - yet Stalblind is clearly not. There are no other undead creatures in the dungeon itself either.

I haven't played A Link to the Past yet, so I'm not sure about his counterpart in that game, or if that is of any significance. Does Stalblind exist in ALTTP, and is he undead there aswell?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Well, I don't remember well however, I would doubt that she killed her boss. If you want to take anything away from it I would say the best guess is that she is such a good thief that you don't even notice that she took it.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The heart container was indeed there in the regular playthrough. In the case of Blind in ALBW he is an undead boss so of course his heart isn't goin to be in his body. That shack is i think the treasure room of Stalblind. Remember that The sand Temple boss heart piece doesn't spawn on it's death but is rather covered in sand next to Irene's picture.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The heart container was indeed there in the regular playthrough. In the case of Blind in ALBW he is an undead boss so of course his heart isn't goin to be in his body. That shack is i think the treasure room of Stalblind. Remember that The sand Temple boss heart piece doesn't spawn on it's death but is rather covered in sand next to Irene's picture.
This actually makes sense.

Ah ok, I haven't gotten to the Sand Temple yet and it's been quite a while since I originally played so I forgot.

I suppose you can't prove or disprove the theory anyway. I think it's still an interesting thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom