• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Gustaf Timeline

............/WW/PH--ST
SS...OoT
............\MM--TP--MC--FS--FSA--ALttP/OoX/LA--AST--LoZ/AoL

TP--MC

• "O young one...Child who seeks to aid the princess of Hyrule...My name is Gustaf...I was king of Hyrule, countless ages ago. Stand before me...Only then will the path open to you." — King Gustaf (The Minish Cap)
  • "Some time ago, before the King of Hyrule unified this country, there was a fierce war in our world. One day, to escape from the fires of the war, a Hylian mother and her baby boy entered this forbidden forest. The mother was gravely injured...Her only choice was to entrust the child to the Deku Tree, the guardian spirit of the forest. The Deku Tree could sense that this was a child of destiny, whose fate would affect the entire world, so he took him into the forest. After the mother passed away, the baby was raised as a Kokiri. And now, finally, the day of destiny has come!" — Deku Tree Sprout (Ocarina of Time)
  • Has to be after MM because Oot/MM
  • Probably after TP because OoT/MM-100 years-TP and Gustaf's rein + Daltus' current rein + time between is probably 100+ years.
  • to clarify MC has to be After Oot because hyrule as a kingdom was created shortly before Oot placing MC a decent amount of time afterwards.
  • Gustaf may or may not be the king in Oot... its not really relevent.
FSA--ALttP
first of as a fact MC--ALttP.
this is due to the presence of the Four Sword in ALttP which is forged in MC.
it makes sense to me for ALttP to be after FSA due to it being found Shattered in ALttP and should sensably stay together through its own game arc.

ALttP/OoX/LA
a small theory i found for the placement for OoX which makes sense and as far as i know has no continuity errors or potential awkwardness. not much to back it up unfortunately

LA--LoZ/AoL
Proven true then false then true...you decide. it makes sense to me.

LA--AST
Ancient Stone Tablets was a BS system game that was a direct sequal to LA

PS. everything is located on the CT excluding WW,PH and ST due to the locations no longer existing, as far as we know, on the AT

PPS. thanks for your input guys.

Last edited:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
This could certainly benefit from a little elaboration; why have you chosen that exact order for the games? Try to be as specific as possible with all of them. Try and elaborate on the inclusion of Gustaf; is your logic that because the reigns of known Kings of Hyrule should equal roughly 100 years, that TMC follows TP? TMC's placement is generally perceived to be a lot more complicated than that, usually because of its general feel of disconnect from the rest of the series, in addition to the Four Swords Saga as a whole. That portion of the timeline could certainly be explored a little more.
I don't understand the relevance of the Ocarina of Time quote.
Finally, how does AST fit into your theory?

This certainly needs to be expanded upon; although I don't have any outright objection to your decisions, I see little to no explanation given. I'd like to hear more of your reasoning. I would comment more myself, but I haven't much to comment on because there hasn't been much explanation.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. King Gustaf from The Minish Cap is the King from Ocarina of Time? I don't see any solid evidence for that.

Let's see... Gustaf, the dead king from The Minish Cap, ruled countless ages ago. You're saying countless ages=about 100 years, or the time of Ocarina of Time. If you ask me countless ages ago would be more like a thousand years or so.

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
Wow. This is the most sensible timeline I have ever seen. I see no significant holes and it adds up. That said, I'm not going to go around confirming it yet.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Wow. This is the most sensible timeline I have ever seen. I see no significant holes and it adds up. That said, I'm not going to go around confirming it yet.

This has been my timeline for almost two months (minus AST). :suspicious: Where's my cookie?
FSA--ALttP
first of as a fact MC--ALttP.
this is due to the presence of the Four Sword in ALttP which is forged in MC.
it makes sense to me for ALttP to be after FSA due to it being found Shattered in ALttP and should sensably stay together through its own game arc.
Can you explain this connection without making reference to the Four Swords Palace? I think there are plenty of connections it has with the original SNES game, without needing to make reference to the Four Sword; I'd argue that the Four Sword is largely irrelevant to the main plot of ALttP, mainly because it's not expressed in the original version. I won't get into the "canon" argument here, but I'd like to see your reasoning for the original.

ALttP/OoX/LA
a small theory i found for the placement for OoX which makes sense and as far as i know has no continuity errors or potential awkwardness. not much to back it up unfortunately
There have been a couple of debates on this on the forums. Take a look at these threads for some reading:
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?11258-VanitasXII-s-Tri-Timeline-Theory

(Starts on the end of page 3) Pages 3-5 of:
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?11247-Tyeforce-s-Zelda-Timeline/page3

RE: Ducknoises

Rofl, just noticed that.

i havent actually played them but i will do some research for other connections

cool thanks for the links

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
In case this isn't common knowledge over here by now, a Japanese wiki article has been dug up claiming there was an interview in which OoX Link was stated to be the same one from LttP and LA (supporting your placement). This is from a wiki though, and no one has been able to trace it back to the original source, so it shouldn't be considered a confirmation.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
In case this isn't common knowledge over here by now, a Japanese wiki article has been dug up claiming there was an interview in which OoX Link was stated to be the same one from LttP and LA (supporting your placement). This is from a wiki though, and no one has been able to trace it back to the original source, so it shouldn't be considered a confirmation.
Hm... I'd like to see that. I'd always suspected they were the same because of the endings of OoX and the beginning of LA, and the nature of Link's travels. It'd be interesting to see whether or not this developer quote holds any weight.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It was translated by ZI user MilkJamJuice here.
MilkJamJuice said:
Where is this text from? This is from a Japanese wikipedia.

Why does it need to be translated? We need this text translated because it could prove that OoS/OoA Link is the same as ALttP Link.

Here is the text:
『ふしぎの木の実』は、カプコン制作。最初から3つのトライフォースが揃っており、ガノンが既に封印され、 リンクがハイラル城に出入りできる立場にあり、ゼルダ姫とも面識がある世界観から、『神々のトライフォース 』『夢を見る島』の後の話と推測される。当時発売された『64DREAM』等の雑誌では、『ふしぎの木の実 』の情報として『神々のトライフォース』のリンクと同一人物と報じていた。『時のオカリナ』とは同名の別人 と思われるツインローバがガノン復活に尽力し、最後はその身を捧げてガノンを召喚するも、トライフォースを 宿したリンクに再び滅ぼされる。『夢を見る島』と『ふしぎの木の実』がどちらが前か後かははっきりしていな い。しかし、『ふしぎの木の実』のエンディングにリンクが海へ出航するシーンが存在し、『夢をみる島』では リンクが船で遭難するところから始まるため、『ふしぎの木の実』から『夢をみる島』へと物語が続いていると 見る事もできる。

----------------------------------

Translation

"Fushigi no Konomi*" is a work by Capcom. It takes place when the Triforce was composed of three equal parts, Ganon had already been sealed away, Link was already known in Hyrule Castle, and Zelda and Link were acquainted with each other. Fans speculate that it takes place after "A Link to the Past," and, "Link's Awakening." Around Fushigi no Konomi's release, the magazine "64DREAM" published an article that stated the Link in "Fushigi no Konomi," is the same Link from "A Link to the Past." Before "Ocarina of Time," Ganon is revived thanks the efforts of Twinrova and overcame the Link who was guarding the Triforce at that time. As for "Link's Awakening," and "Fushigi no Konomi," it's not clear as to which game came first in the timeline. However in Fushigi no Konomi's ending, Link sets sail in the sea and "Link's Awakening," begins with a shipwreck, it may be possible that "Fushigi no Konomi," comes right before "Link's Awakening."

*Fushigi no Konomi is the name given to the set of games, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages. It translates to "The Mysterious Fruit/Nut." Strangely, there doesn't seem to be a name for the SET of games in English.

Note: As you can see, this wiki article has been edited my multiple people and it betrays itself by saying Fushigi no Konomi comes after ALttp/Link's Awakening, THEN it goes on to say Fushigi no Konomi could also be BEFORE Link's Awakening. However it CAN be concluded that ALttp comes before Fushigi no Konomi and it's the same Link in both of them.

-According to the magazine "DREAM64," ALttp Link is the same Link as OoA/OoS.
or another translation (three posts down from the one I linked to)
Capcom's production Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

The whole triforce is complete in the beginning, and it is guessed that the story takes place after ALttP and LA judging by the world's status; Ganon has already been sealed, and Link can freely come and go from Hyrule castle and is an acquaintance of Princess Zelda.

Magazines such as "64DREAM" published at the time reported that Link from OoX was the same person as the one in ALttP.

Twinrova, who has the same name as a character from OoT, attempts to revive Ganon, ultimately sacrificing her body to summon him; he is destroyed by Link, bearing the triforce.

It's not clear which of OoX and LA comes first.

However, there is a scene showing Link sailing away to sea at the end of OoX, whereas Link meets with an accident at sea at the start of LA, so it's possible that LA follows on from OoX.

But this is a wiki article, and no one has been able to find the 64DREAM article spoken of. I don't even have the link to the wiki on hand. I think it was posted on ZI at some point, but I'd rather not search for the right thread (their threads get rather long).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom