• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A game CAN take place between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have heard this a few times 'No game can take place between OOT and Wind Waker'. The only reason being 'era without a hero'

The protagonist of this hypothetical game can even be Link and still would not be labelled a hero. In fact despite his deeds he would not go down in legend and it would be claimed no hero appeared even if his acts were heroic and he saved many lives. Hyrule flooded, lives ruined, homes lost, lives lost. Its understandable why it was called era of no hero.

Even if it was called 'Era of no Link' The ancient Sages created the Master Sword, this is stated specifically in many a Zelda game yet in SS we see they clearly did not create it. It was Link bathing the goddess sword in the flames of the dragons that was what created it. So the wishy washy term 'era without a hero' means absolutey sod all. Despite the fact that Link of this era would not go down in legend as a hero anyway, not actually saving the land of hyrule.

Now that I have pointed out how they could make a game in between OOT and WW with Link and it being less of a contradtiction (because none would exist) with the established lore than the events in SS. I shall now say why there MUST have been a Link.

In Wind Waker, Ganondorf states his Mazoku (demon tribe) were sealed in time down in Hyrule, and the Master Sword was the key to that seal. The master sword can only be wielded by Link as stated in the most recent 3D title (SS) and being in Hyrule Castle in a secret chamber in WW, it is clearly not where he left it in the Temple of Time at the end of OOT. Since Ganon escaped his initial seal to wreak havok on the land and exterminate Link and Zelda's descendents, the Master Sword would have had to have been drawn from the pedestal of time once again in order to stop him. And of course it would have been drawn by the only one who could actually draw it. Link.

We know how it goes. Ganon's devastation was still too much and the Gods were called down to do their stuff. The people fled to the mountaintops and had to abandon everything. To them it was as though no hero appeared. They would never have appreciated the Link of this time and the legend we see at the beginning of WW would be how the tale is told.

So there cant be a game between OOT and WW? Of course there can. And it could be more faithful to the established lore than a lot of other titles.

Last edited:
I have heard this a few times 'No game can take place between OOT and Wind Waker'. The only reason being 'era without a hero'

The protagonist of this hypothetical game can even be Link and still would not be labelled a hero. In fact despite his deeds he would not go down in legend and it would be claimed no hero appeared even if his acts were heroic and he saved many lives. Hyrule flooded, lives ruined, homes lost, lives lost. Its understandable why it was called era of no hero.

Even if it was called 'Era of no Link' The ancient Sages created the Master Sword, this is stated specifically in many a Zelda game yet in SS we see they clearly did not create it. It was Link bathing the goddess sword in the flames of the dragons that was what created it. So the wishy washy term 'era without a hero' means absolutey sod all. Despite the fact that Link of this era would not go down in legend as a hero anyway, not actually saving the land of hyrule.

Now that I have pointed out how they could make a game in between OOT and WW with Link and it being less of a contradtiction (because none would exist) with the established lore than the events in SS. I shall now say why there MUST have been a Link.

In Wind Waker, Ganondorf states his Mazoku (demon tribe) were sealed in time down in Hyrule, and the Master Sword was the key to that seal. The master sword can only be wielded by Link as stated in the most recent 3D title (SS) and being in Hyrule Castle in a secret chamber in WW, it is clearly not where he left it in the Temple of Time at the end of OOT. Since Ganon escaped his initial seal to wreak havok on the land and exterminate Link and Zelda's descendents, the Master Sword would have had to have been drawn from the pedestal of time once again in order to stop him. And of course it would have been drawn by the only one who could actually draw it. Link.

We know how it goes. Ganon's devastation was still too much and the Gods were called down to do their stuff. The people fled to the mountaintops and had to abandon everything. To them it was as though no hero appeared. They would never have appreciated the Link of this time and the legend we see at the beginning of WW would be how the tale is told.

So there cant be a game between OOT and WW? Of course there can. And it could be more faithful to the established lore than a lot of other titles.

Valley of the Flood

Reactions: Dio

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
My hypothetical OoT sequel involves the adult Hero of Time *after* his adventures in Termina. TP showed us what becomes of the Hero of Time, I want a game that shows us how he gets there.

You made many great points, but I really don't think SS having a contradiction has anything to do with it (and its one of the easiest to explain contradictions in the series; its entirely possible Zelda could have been referring to a group of sages that created the Goddess Sword during Hylia's time, with Hylia being the lead sage.) We know that, from Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf was sealed in the Sacred Realm, and Link later left that timeline. It's likely that only his soul was able to get through, and his body was left behind in the Adult Timeline. While it's possible that this shell of a former Link could be placed in the Shrine of Resurrection to have the spirit of the hero restored to him or something, it still doesn't explain:

- The Master Sword

- Koroks

Okay, I'll address Koroks first because it's a really bull**** argument when used in other timelines, but it really isn't in the Adult Timeline. In other timelines, it's possible that Koroks came about through other means, such as leaving the forest or just wanting to change their form, but we know from Wind Waker that the Kokiri existed up until Hyrule was flooded, where they then became Koroks. This can be evidenced from;
259px-Fado_The_Wind_Waker_HD.png

Fado was killed when Ganondorf escaped his seal and went to the two temples to kill the sages guarding the Master Sword. Fado was clearly still a Kokiri by then, as he clearly takes the form of one in death. This would hint that, since Fado had most likely been praying for the Master Sword for some time, he fell out of touch with his brethren in the Forest Haven, who all took the forms of Koroks when the sea appeared. Basically, it appears that the Kokiris only took the form of Koroks directly because of the Great Sea appearing, and their need to fly to traverse islands and plant seeds. Fado didn't need to do this, which is why he remained a Kokiri, meaning that, prior to Wind Waker, all Koroks were still Kokiris.

The second, of course, is clearly the Great Deku Tree's statement on the Koroks (we both know about this so I'm not going in depth) which further backs up my argument.

The Master Sword's location is incredibly puzzling. Why wouldn't it be in the Temple of Time? It's incredibly likely that the Master Sword was placed within the Temple of Time after Ganondorf's defeat and a new Hyrule Castle was built over the old Temple of Time (further evidenced by the proximity of Ganon's Tower to Hyrule Castle, which was most likely built over the original ruins of Hyrule Castle.) Zelda would've most likely taken the sword and placed it in the Temple of Time and built around it, not placed it in a random location that looks similar to the Sacred Grove.

I feel very much that you are correct, and I also feel this is where BoTW is going to take place. A lot of people think it's gonna take place in the downfall timeline but I just don't see it happening. But again who knows it could be on the downfall, it is Nintendo of course. I had a theory that a new timeline could be made, but that's a story for another day.

Now I'm just imagining you make a huge mistake in the middle of the game... and the world starts flooding.

Legend of Zelda, Noah Edition! Grab two of every Goron, Zora and Cucco quick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom