• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2D Zelda with the Best Soundtrack

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Which 2D Zelda has the best soundtrack in your opinion?

I'd have to go with Minish Cap. The overworld theme is the best and I enjoy all the songs in the forest areas.

So which 2D soundtrack do you like the best?

A Link to the Past for me.

Mainly because of all the nostalgia but the music was unlike anything i'd heard before and while ALBW may have cleaned up and updated the original tracks the title still goes to ALTttP

I'm gonna say A Link to the Past as well. It introduced a handful of recurring songs throughout the series, not to mention the atmospheric Dark World and Dark Mountain/Forest songs mmm. Possibly my two favorite Zelda songs of all time. The A Link Between Worlds soundtrack is basically how the ALttP soundtrack sounded to me when I first heard it. The brilliance of the ALBW Lorule dungeon themes all using the same notes of the Dark World dungeon theme is pretty ****ing cool though. ALBW's soundtrack is an orchestrated encore of the game that has some of the best songs in the series.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A Link Between Worlds. It has the updated versions of themes from ALTTP and also has some great new pieces such as Yuga's theme, plus I love the music that plays during the final battle with Ganon.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
A Link Between Worlds, in my opinion. Although A Link to the Past is a close second, because the SNES had very good sound hardware for the time. I'm pretty sure nothing in the Game Boy line compared with it, and I think it was really only with the DS line that audio quality started to surpass that level.

I also find ALBW's music more memorable than most of the tracks from DS Zelda games.

Reactions: Dio

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm gonna have to go with The Minish Cap. It certainly has the most epic soundtrack of the 2D games, and I like how pretty much every area has its own theme. It's something even some of the 3D games don't do as much. Plus, it has some of the best unique themes in the series, with Vaati's Wrath being one of my all time favourite boss battle themes.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'll say A Link To The Past.

The Dark World Theme, and the "Inside the Caves in Death Mountain" themes are 2 of the best themes in the entire series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom