• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

12 Deities Theory

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
So here is my theory of the deities in the Zelda Universe:
We have the three goddesses

Din
Nayru
Farore

Each of them created the world and sealed their power in the Dark World.

So they have a dark side in the Dark Realm.

Who might this ones be???
Here is the theory

Ganon (The beast form that is brought by the ToP)
Onox ( Summoned by Koume and Kotake)
Veran (Summoned by Koume and Kotake)

It makes sense because Ganon can come to life through Ganondorf and steal the other Triforces and even Zeldas lightforce, and Veran and Onox were after Din and Nayrus Oracle powers.

As for the other Deities.
We have the giants who are another dimmension gods.
So 4 Giants = 4 Goddesses = 4 Demons = 12 Super Deities

So basicly the first "base" gods just suffer reflections of themsleves and turn into other gods, either good or bad

selfcenteredmirrorlg.jpg
Just imagine the goddesses being reflected as this lady. They all may be little disorted but they all can do the same and come from the same

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
So here is my theory of the deities in the Zelda Universe:

Din
Nayru
Farore

Where does this come from? The goddesses sealed their power in a triforce in the light world. The light world only turned dark when Ganon entered it. The world transformed to the heart of who enters. Since Ganon had a dark heart, the world turned darked. Dark world never originally existed.

So they have a dark side in the Dark Realm.

Here is the theory

This idea intrigues me. Deity versus anti-Deity. However, I don't agree/like the idea of them being anti-gods. For instance, each of them were defeated by a hero. A human hero to be exact. If they were anti-gods they would be more stronger then me. It may be more accurate to compare them to the anti-deity of the light guardians in Twilight Princess.

It makes sense because Ganon can come to life through Ganondorf and steal the other Triforces and even Zeldas lightforce, and Veran and Onox were after Din and Nayrus Oracle powers.

This confuses me. Can you explain more why it makes sense? If they were the anti-gods of Din, Nayru, and Farore, why would they need to acquire power?

So basicly the first "base" gods just suffer reflections of themsleves and turn into other gods, either good or bad

Just imagine the goddesses being reflected as this lady. They akk may be little disorted but they all can do the same.

This equation confuses me as wel.. 4 Giants = 4 Goddesses = 4 Demons = 12 Super Deities
Wouldn't it be better to say 4 Giants + 4 Goddesses + 4 Demons = 12 Deities?

I like your idea of anti/evil deities. Lets assume that Hyrule has an equilibrium of evil versus good. Lets also say that evil is negative and good is positive.
Using your equation we would have something like: 4 + 4 -4 = 4. If we were to take into consideration and assume the goddesses are treated as gods and everyone else is treated as non-gods, we could form the equations 4 - 4 = 0. This says that for 4 good deities, there are 4 evil deities. This idea of equilibrium can be expanded when we take into consideration of more then just 4 good and 4 evil deities.

Djinn

and Tonic
Where does this come from? The goddesses sealed their power in a triforce in the light world. The light world only turned dark when Ganon entered it. The world transformed to the heart of who enters. Since Ganon had a dark heart, the world turned darked. Dark world never originally existed.

Might mean Sacred Realm, I always took the light world to be the normal world that Hyrue exists in.

This idea intrigues me. Deity versus anti-Deity. However, I don't agree/like the idea of them being anti-gods. For instance, each of them were defeated by a hero. A human hero to be exact. If they were anti-gods they would be more stronger then me. It may be more accurate to compare them to the anti-deity of the light guardians in Twilight Princess.

This confuses me. Can you explain more why it makes sense? If they were the anti-gods of Din, Nayru, and Farore, why would they need to acquire power?

This equation confuses me as wel.. 4 Giants = 4 Goddesses = 4 Demons = 12 Super Deities

I like your idea of anti/evil deities. Lets assume that Hyrule has an equilibrium of evil versus good. Lets also say that evil is negative and good is positive.
Using your equation we would have something like: 4 + 4 -4 = 4. If we were to take into consideration and assume the goddesses are treated as gods and everyone else is treated as non-gods, we could form the equations 4 - 4 = 0. This says that for 4 good deities, there are 4 evil deities. This idea of equilibrium can be expanded when we take into consideration of more then just 4 good and 4 evil deities.

So some sort of Asura type of being in Hyrule? It does sound interesting, however I think if anyone fits the description it would be Malladus and Bellum. Or the original owner of the Trident of Power. As Ganon was a normal individual abusing the power of the golden goddesses for himself. That might not make him any opposite of the goddesses since without their power existing in a form for someone to take, he would be no better than any Gerudo.

However we have been introduced to many more divinities than just the Golden goddesses. Along with the four giants and the goddes of time, there is also Cyclos and Zephos, The Ocean King, the Spirits of Good, and again the Deku Tree, Jabun, and Valoo. Although these fit better into the eastern system of aristocratic gods of heaven and plebian gods of earth. Still depending upon viewpoint there would be more or less than four.

So I cannot see just why the four giants would equal the goddesses, or why a fourth giant would require the existence of a fourth goddess. Ganon using the power of the goddesses himself would not be an opposite, as well as Onox and Veran are subordinates if him so they would be of a lesser status.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Where does this come from? The goddesses sealed their power in a triforce in the light world. The light world only turned dark when Ganon entered it. The world transformed to the heart of who enters. Since Ganon had a dark heart, the world turned darked. Dark world never originally existed..

Good point I havent seen it from that perspective

It makes sense because lets asume you are an anti-god, wouldnt you want and need the power of some earth physics (time, seasons) and of course the power that can destroy you (lightforce) >.<

Well it doesent work like math, sure it can if you measure the power, which in that case supports my theory that there is only 4 power but you can see it as 12.
4 = 4 + 4 + (-4)= 4 Being the first 4 the original power (Triforce) which is just reflected as positive(good) and negative(evil).

As for why I say there is twelve, well they are 4 goddesses + 4 anti-gods + 4 giants= 12 deities
See what I mean

Din Akera

Sniper
Wow, okay some interesting ideas but some things that don't line up quite right.
Just on what you posted:

Din
Nayru
Farore

I agree with your three goddesses, but I don't know what you mean about the dark world. They left their power in the light world at the point in which they left the world, the Sacred Realm which is where the triforce stands.

Here is the theory

This I really like. I love the concept of opposing forces, and I can totally agree with you on this. I would say the power held by the three dark entities is not nearly as high as the goddesses, but i can let it go. Hyrule is based on the idea of balance: Power, Wisdom, Courage, and I do believe the forces of good and evil need to be in balance as well. (In my mind, this is why Ganon keeps coming back to life, obviously with a ton of additional factors, but that is a different theory altogether.) I think this idea of anit-god/esses is great. I especially like the correlation of which anti-god/ess corresponds to which goddess. Very insightful.

This confuses me. First of all the giants are from another dimension and they were considered guardians, not deities so including them in your theory for Hyrule is a bit counterproductive. If you wanted to make the argument about Nintendo's theories rather than specifically Hyrule then i would say go for it, but then you are missing a piece. In Termina, I would say Fierce Deity Link/Oni Link as well as Majora would qualify for the anti-god portion of your theory, and you have not represented them.

Also, you say '4 goddesses', I'm guessing you are lumping Veran in with Din, Farore, and Nayru to make 4, but Veran fits much better under your 'demons' category. So you are missing an entity for both your 'goddess' and your 'demon' field. I'm not sure where the other one is coming from, I'm not sure if I missed that somewhere. Could you expand your formula a little?

Also, I'm sure this image is a very good representation for you, and I understand your statement that each are distorted slightly but represent the same thing, with this image. But I don't understand how this relates to your additives of the super powers in Hyrule and Termina.

Its not meant to go anywhere Im just combining the Tetraforce theory with the Multi Dimmension theory to create a new goddess, and make a good, neutral and evil side of each

THis does not help me much unfortunately. I think I see what you are trying to do, but you are missing some pieces of your explanation. Are you saying that a 4th goddess comes from the other dimension (and what dimension do you mean, the dark world? or Termina?) to have the forth piece of the tetra force? Who is that Goddess? But I certainly see the good and evil argument!

But the Tetra Force was CONFIRMED to be false, im sure.

I do believe it has been yes, but it is always good to hear new theories.

Justin has a really good point here and I agree with it, but we are still missing the pieces of the representatives of those numbers.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
@Din Akera

I can see where you are confused..

I dont consider Veran the 4th godess, as a matter of fact she is one of my anti-gods. As for the 4th godess I dont know who she(he?) is, maybe is the godess of Time, but anyways me theory supports a 4th one because there is a 4th giant who must be a reflection of another godess. And of course my fourth villian too.

As for the Fierce Deity and Majora, you cant really say they exist in any physical form, they are curses inside masks.

As for the representatives

Gods /Anti-Gods/ Giants
  1. Din
  2. Nayru
  3. Farore
  4. Mystery God
  5. Ganon
  6. Veran
  7. Onox
  8. Mystery Villian
  9. Woodfall Giant
  10. Snowhead Giant
  11. Great Bay Giant
  12. Ikana Giant

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
Good point I havent seen it from that perspective

It makes sense because lets assume you are an anti-god, wouldnt you want and need the power of some earth physics (time, seasons) and of course the power that can destroy you (lightforce) >.<

Could I call myself an anti-god if I needed that power? Wouldn't being an anti-god give imply I have such powers?
If needed, define what you mean by an anti-god.

Well it doesn't work like math, sure it can if you measure the power, which in that case supports my theory that there is only 4 power but you can see it as 12.
4 = 4 + 4 + (-4)= 4 Being the first 4 the original power (Triforce) which is just reflected as positive(good) and negative(evil).

As for why I say there is twelve, well they are 4 goddesses + 4 anti-gods + 4 giants= 12 deities
See what I mean

When counting the total number of deities in the Zelda Universe, you're missing out on a lot! I believe other people replying to this thread mentioned various others. You fail to convince me that there is 4 triforces or goddesses. You never really gave enough evidence, and there is some fail reasoning in your math.

For fun lets assume there are 4 goddesses or 4 triforces.
You're implying that 4 giants = 4 pieces of triforce OR you're implying that 4 anti-gods = 4 giants. I'll use some math to explain

First case is that the 4 goddesses cancel out the 4 anti-gods.

(Eq. 1) 4 Triforces = (4 gods - 4 anti-gods) + 4 giants.
(Eq. 2) 4 Triforces = 4 giants

The triforces are powerful relics. I highly doubt if the giants were equivalent to each triforce because they were subdued to Majora's Mask.

Second case is the 4 giants cancel out the 4 anti-gods

(Eq. 3) 4 Triforces = 4 gods + ( -4 anti-gods + 4 giants)
(Eq. 4) 4 Triforces = 4 gods.

In my opinion, this is the most reasonable solution, but again there are a few thing I don't like. Each anti-god is equivalent to a giant. This would imply that each of the anti-gods could be subdued by Majora's Mask. If we look at (Eq. 1) and (Eq. 3). We could say that 4 gods = 4 giants. Then we could say that the 4 gods could be subdued to Majora's Mask. Most of us would agree that this is not true.

Only one of the two can be true.
(a) 4 giants = 4 anti-gods
(b) 4 giants = 4 gods

I've pretty much showed that (b) can't be true! If (b) is not true then (a) is true. If (a) is true, then the 4 anti-gods =/= 4 goddesses. This breaks everything.

Din Akera

Sniper
I dont consider Veran the 4th godess, as a matter of fact she is one of my anti-gods. As for the 4th godess I dont know who she(he?) is, maybe is the godess of Time, but anyways me theory supports a 4th one because there is a 4th giant who must be a reflection of another godess. And of course my fourth villian too.

As for the Fierce Deity and Majora, you cant really say they exist in any physical form, they are curses inside masks.

Okay, I'm sorry, but this blows your theory apart for me. You have 4th representatives that are not cannon characters, in fact you don't even know who they are, and your reasoning is to balance out 4 guardians not deities of a completely different dimension than the one that you are theorizing about. Termina is a very different place form Hyrule, and arguably so is Holodrum, where the Oracles and their anti-god/esses from your theory. Lumping them all into the same world doesn't jive. They have force over each other and I would argue they would not therefore balance out or contribute or retract from the forces of the others you have compaired them too.

The Giants specifically have no powers. They were simply there to watch over the four areas of Termina. Together they were strong enough to hold the moon up from crashing into Termina, but this is a display of strength, not magic or deism.

As to your list, to count Veran and Onox, but not Fierce Deity or Majora seems completely discriminatory. Both Veran and Onox were creations from an evil source conducted by someone else (Twinrova), and Majora and Oni Link are very much the same. Just because thier power was sealed in a mask for however many years doesn't mean they aren't a extreme source of power and evil. Ganon was trapped in the Sacred Realm and was still the King of Evil. Also, as Justin states immediately below, to include Veran and Onox, would mean you are missing a lot more deist figures.

When counting the total number of deities in the Zelda Universe, you're missing out on a lot! I believe other people replying to this thread mentioned various others. You fail to convince me that there is 4 triforces or goddesses. You never really gave enough evidence, and there is some fail reasoning in your math.

You're implying that 4 giants = 4 pieces of triforce OR you're implying that 4 anti-gods = 4 giants. I'll use some math to explain

(b) 4 giants = 4 gods

I've pretty much showed that (b) can't be true! If (b) is not true then (a) is true. If (a) is true, then the 4 anti-gods =/= 4 goddesses. This breaks everything.

Okay, God knows I'm not willing to go a round with Justin on math, so i'm going to take the math equations as correct and discuss the results. XD

Again, the giants do not relate to your anti-gods or your goddesses. And Justin is right, not only wih the math, but the giants are guardians, not gods so giants cannot equal goddesses. And the giants are guardians of the good portion of your argument, not the evil, which means they cannot equal the anti-gods either. Which is what I'm saying. The giants don't fit in your equation or theory.

But! I love the idea you are trying to manipulate. The god-anti-god theory. If you drop the giants, then you are down to 3. 3 goddesses, 3 anti-gods, 3 triforces. Thus, once again showing the triforce theory over powers the tetraforce theory. As has been discussed, debated, and concluded several times over.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Could I call myself an anti-god if I needed that power? Wouldn't being an anti-god give imply I have such powers?
If needed, define what you mean by an anti-god.

Its not that you NEED powerbut THAT power can destroy you or at least cause you some problem so why not to own it? It would make you indestructible then...

Of course they are many many gods, like Valoo or the Deku Tree but they are far far weaker than the gods and even the giants. And they are just like ortectors of any special group of people (Koroks, Kokiri, Rito etc.)

First case is that the 4 goddesses cancel out the 4 anti-gods.

(Eq. 1) 4 Triforces = (4 gods - 4 anti-gods) + 4 giants.
(Eq. 2) 4 Triforces = 4 giants

The triforces are powerful relics. I highly doubt if the giants were equivalent to each triforce because they were subdued to Majora's Mask.

Second case is the 4 giants cancel out the 4 anti-gods

(Eq. 3) 4 Triforces = 4 gods + ( -4 anti-gods + 4 giants)
(Eq. 4) 4 Triforces = 4 gods.

In my opinion, this is the most reasonable solution, but again there are a few thing I don't like. Each anti-god is equivalent to a giant. This would imply that each of the anti-gods could be subdued by Majora's Mask. If we look at (Eq. 1) and (Eq. 3). We could say that 4 gods = 4 giants. Then we could say that the 4 gods could be subdued to Majora's Mask. Most of us would agree that this is not true.

(b) 4 giants = 4 gods

Thats exactly what im trying to say, im not saying they are all perfectly equivalent (I evn said they are all a little changed in the reflection) of course the anti-gods dont have the same strength of a god and of course the giants do have the stength but not the magic powers the god have (but anti-gods do have)

Okay, I'm sorry, but this blows your theory apart for me. You have 4th representatives that are not cannon characters, in fact you don't even know who they are, and your reasoning is to balance out 4 guardians not deities of a completely different dimension than the one that you are theorizing about. Termina is a very different place form Hyrule, and arguably so is Holodrum, where the Oracles and their anti-god/esses from your theory. Lumping them all into the same world doesn't jive. They have force over each other and I would argue they would not therefore balance out or contribute or retract from the forces of the others you have compaired them too.

Of course im not placing them in the same world, Holodrum and Termina are just the places where the goddess reflection "can be seen and exsist".

The Giants specifically have no powers. They were simply there to watch over the four areas of Termina. Together they were strong enough to hold the moon up from crashing into Termina, but this is a display of strength, not magic or deism.

The giants dont have any magic power like the gods, they have the stength as well as the anti gods that have the magic but not the strength.

As to your list, to count Veran and Onox, but not Fierce Deity or Majora seems completely discriminatory. Both Veran and Onox were creations from an evil source conducted by someone else (Twinrova), and Majora and Oni Link are very much the same. Just because thier power was sealed in a mask for however many years doesn't mean they aren't a extreme source of power and evil. Ganon was trapped in the Sacred Realm and was still the King of Evil. Also, as Justin states immediately below, to include Veran and Onox, would mean you are missing a lot more deist figures.

Exactly (sort of) I did not include Majora because he is the weakness of the giants and Fierce Deity is Majoras weakness; Veran and Onox weakness are the Oracles thats why they want their power and Ganon's is the lightforce which sealed him in the Sacred Realm. And the original gods dont have a weakness for being origianl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom