• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Secret Anonymous Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player 8

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Who are you though? What do I have to gain, as scum, from pushing a lynch on you as P8? I could just as easily slip P2 a vote before deadline as per policy and profit.

Because it looks better to say "Well P8 flipped town but their post seemed pretty scummy" than to say "P2 is inactive and is a better lynch option".

Originally you wanted to lynch P1, which would give less results than lynching P2. Anyone can lynch P1 and scum may or may not jump on the wagon. It's entirely random. However lynching P2, because they're inactive solves the problem of inactivity and attracts scum more than a random pile up would. It's more likely to help develop a town profile.

Again, flipping your vote over to me, but as soon as I offered a different choice doesn't sit well with me.

Player 2

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Because it looks better to say "Well P8 flipped town but their post seemed pretty scummy" than to say "P2 is inactive and is a better lynch option".

Originally you wanted to lynch P1, which would give less results than lynching P2. Anyone can lynch P1 and scum may or may not jump on the wagon. It's entirely random. However lynching P2, because they're inactive solves the problem of inactivity and attracts scum more than a random pile up would. It's more likely to help develop a town profile.

Again, flipping your vote over to me, but as soon as I offered a different choice doesn't sit well with me.
Eh, not exactly always the case. If scum truly didn't want go get their hands dirty, they would just let everyone else make the decision to lynch an inactive.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
~Vote Tally 1.1~

Player 1
(1) - P3
Player 9 (2) - P6, P4
Player 8 (1) - P9
Player 6 (1) - P2

With 9 alive, 5 votes are required for a majority lynch. Day 1 will end Saturday, July 23, 10AM PST.

Friendly reminder that at least 2 posts are required from each player before the deadline. Some have already met the quota while some have not. I'll be lenient for the first day, but I will not be for future days.

Player 9

Mafia Account
Mafia Account

What? Since when did RVS vote count as a serious vote-to-lynch?

Inform me how lynching an inactive would attract scum? If only it was that easy, and player's played according to specific meta based on their alignment.

Player 8

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
What? Since when did RVS vote count as a serious vote-to-lynch?

Inform me how lynching an inactive would attract scum? If only it was that easy, and player's played according to specific meta based on their alignment.

I called it a random vote. As it stands, you never tried to go for a serious vote until I stated possibly voting for P2, so I'm not sure what that statement has to do with anything.

Except that it does, relatively consistently. Players don't play to a meta, a meta develops because of common trend between games. Point out a game on this site where an inactive was PL'd and scum didn't join the wagon.

Player 9

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
I called it a random vote
You called it random, switching between P1 and P2. Not a random vote on P1.

Point out a game on this site where an inactive was PL'd and scum didn't join the wagon.
LoveLetter - Doc was tied with Libk at the end of the Day and no scum was on Doc's wagon.
Dollhouse - Libk was PL'd and mido, his scumbud, did vote for him, only because Mido felt he was backed into a corner by Viral's questioning on Day 1.

You seem like someone who hasn't played much small games. While scum may hop on a PL-wagon in a large game because generally a larger game will have more activity, in a smaller game, they don't have to at all. It's by discourse we can pin scum, not by PL-ing an inactive and then going into a Day 2 with almost 0 information.

I have half a mind to vote for P6, but you stand out a bit more atm.

Player 9

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Thought about it in the shower, and I changed my mind. I'm going be to be away from now till EOD, so:

Unvote
Vote: Player 6

Mainly because he/she FoS'd and mirrored my opinion on P8, but yet keeps their vote on me for no apparent reason. On a tangent, I'm up for lynch, so I'd rather even the odds a bit. And I'd rather not vote to lynch P8 just because their opinion on Day 1 tactics differs from mine (I just didn't like their non-commitment to a vote even after giving a vote candidate).

Player 8

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Originally you wanted to lynch P1, which would give less results than lynching P2. Anyone can lynch P1 and scum may or may not jump on the wagon. It's entirely random.

You called it random, switching between P1 and P2. Not a random vote on P1.

It was intended as saying an RV on P1. Sorry, I meant that to come across that way.

LoveLetter - Doc was tied with Libk at the end of the Day and no scum was on Doc's wagon.
Dollhouse - Libk was PL'd and mido, his scumbud, did vote for him, only because Mido felt he was backed into a corner by Viral's questioning on Day 1.

You seem like someone who hasn't played much small games. While scum may hop on a PL-wagon in a large game because generally a larger game will have more activity, in a smaller game, they don't have to at all. It's by discourse we can pin scum, not by PL-ing an inactive and then going into a Day 2 with almost 0 information.

I have half a mind to vote for P6, but you stand out a bit more atm.

I still believe that it's a viable strategy. However, at this point P2 has posted, so my reasoning doesn't matter.

Thought about it in the shower, and I changed my mind. I'm going be to be away from now till EOD, so:

Unvote

Mainly because he/she FoS'd and mirrored my opinion on P8, but yet keeps their vote on me for no apparent reason. On a tangent, I'm up for lynch, so I'd rather even the odds a bit. And I'd rather not vote to lynch P8 just because their opinion on Day 1 tactics differs from mine (I just didn't like their non-commitment to a vote even after giving a vote candidate).

I can get behind this reasoning too. This will probably end up looking bad, but I like your reasoning, and actual discussion rather than P6 just FoSing and keeping their vote on you for no reason. That being said...

Maybe tomorrow we can get some input from everyone else =^)

Player 7

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
ugh
I agree with the reasoning behind voting for Player 6 but now imma get called out for parroting

anyway,

Player 6

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Voting me last minute is an incredibly nasty move.

In all honesty, I was coming online now to unvote. I forgot to remove my RVS.
But now I have a reason for this vote.
A last-minute attempt to sneakily throw someone over the bus, not giving them any moment to defend themselves.
I cannot defend myself last minute, I could've properly done so if this vote was made +- 12 hours ago latest. That is not a town-move. And I would like to remind the people that now eagerly jumped on it that such last minute votes rarely catch scum. On the contrary, it's usually done by scum, and then later justified as "I had no choice", "there was no better option". Of course not, because this situation was created by the last-minute vote itself

Player 6

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
The willingness to buss someone last minute is very weak, the non-willingness to talk about IF that person still notices it is even lower.

ugh
I agree with the reasoning behind voting for Player 6 but now imma get called out for parroting

anyway,
So someone accuses me of mirroring his reasoning? Someone presents good reasoning and I even only FOS, which simply means you have a point and I took notice of it. And based on that "scumminess" is a person here litterally copying the reasoning of this same person to say, anyway "I vote him too"

One of these 3 persons on my bandwagon is certainly scum. The lowness and flaws in logic have an extremely scummy scent over them

Player 5

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
so we're killing P6 based on a echoed RVS vote eh? i've seen worse lynch reasons I guess, although this seems pretty weak :umu:

I can almost see literal sweat on P9's brow when they voted P6. Low activity game and you have the most votes makes people do that though i guess, regardless of weak reasoning.

no seriously, I get why P9 is getting on the P6 wagon, but P8 and P7 are the real sinkers here to me. P2's vote seems like an rvs that got a kinda-but-not-really legit wagon going.

unless P6 is mafia, fml at that point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom