• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS How do you feel about Majora's Mask 3D having less gloomy graphics then the original?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I'll admit, the old graphics had a certain creepy factor that added to the atmosphere of the game. But I can't wait to see the enhanced graphics for the 3DS version because they look like they are a lot more detailed which is nice.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
this game in general seems to be tailored toward making the game more accessible for people who were too intimidated or scared by the original. not necessarily a bad thing. i want mm3d to be as different as the n64 version as possible.

this game in general seems to be tailored toward making the game more accessible for people who were too intimidated or scared by the original. not necessarily a bad thing. i want mm3d to be as different as the n64 version as possible.

what does the graphics have to do with being made more accessible?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
At this point, the graphical upgrades overshadow any subtle changes in lighting to the game. That's so minuscule in my opinion. What made Majora's Mask gloomy was it's feeling of impending apocalypse and doom, the eery music, seeing characters react to their immanent deaths and it's amazingly intense atmosphere.

Djinn

and Tonic
I for am hoping to see some form of DLC in the near future that adds at least 20% more gloom to the overall environment.

But there might actually be some truth to the theory that it was for the most part brightened up to grab more casual fans instead of the Zelda fanbase.

Djinn

and Tonic
I thought dark and grittiness was en vogue for gamers these days?
Not just games, Grim Derp is necessary for all music, movies, tv shows....everything must be DARK! With dark trees and dark moods, dark storylines!

Especially if it is a remake of a film or show from the 70's-80's. Then they are required to add so much grttyness that the opening credits alone kicks you in the metaphorical viewer stomach until you dry heave praises of the award winning caliber writing for days. Everyone knows scifi remakes can only be as valuable as the amount of named main characters that can be killed per episode.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I'm not a huge fan, but I feel the same about LADX. I loved the old black and white look of the Gameboy version.

I do think it is a little bit too bright in the remake. I wish they kept it a little bit darker. When you first meet the Happy Mask Salesman, it was too bright for me. Some of the mystery and tension in that scene is lost for me with the 3D version. The worst thing for me personally is how they changed the Zora swimming mechanics. I never had a problem with the original controls, I just wish Nintendo could at least give us the option to choose between original and remake controls. Other than that, this is the definite version and a fantastic remake of Majora´s Mask imho.

At this point, the graphical upgrades overshadow any subtle changes in lighting to the game. That's so minuscule in my opinion. What made Majora's Mask gloomy was it's feeling of impending apocalypse and doom, the eery music, seeing characters react to their immanent deaths and it's amazingly intense atmosphere.

This is exactly how I see it. The graphics weren't what gave me the feeling of darkness and doom. It was the characters and their questlines. Also the fact that you couldn't save everyone really gets me to thinking critically. The 3DS visuals are beautiful, and I don't think that will impact the atmosphere of the game in a negative way.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Honestly, I am a massive coward when it comes to games, so I'm quite happy. Certain parts of MM actually scared me and I really hate anything that can kill you quickly. Forsaken Fortress in Wind Waker used to scare the living daylights out of me. But to be honest, I don't see the big deal either way. People will always find something to complain about. I'm confident MM3D will be better than the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom