• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zoras Aren't Mentioned Anywhere!

I agree with the Parella evolving into the Zora. I think that just fit into place though. I think the Zora weren't included because it wouldn't have really fit quite well. There wasn't exactly a large water area, well, comparatively.

i would have liked to insted of the octopus things at the faron region it would have been better if they had them instead

It's quite simple. They didn't exist yet. No Zoras River = no Zoras. That's a pretty shallow explanation, but it's the correct one.

No. This doesn't make any sense. One, they look nothing like the Zora, unlike how the Zora looked a lot like the Rito. Two, there wouldn't be enough time for that kind of change. Three, the evolution from Zora to Rito was required for them to survive and was due to Valoo, meaning divine intervention was used. The Parella are just a new race that have been retconned into the series, just like the Mogmas. They have no connection to the Zora whatsoever.

I see where you're going with this, and I shared this sentiment as well; at first. However, there is nothing wrong with speculating on something that the game suggests. We were practically led to assume that the Parella became the Zora - by magic, by evolution, divine intervention, or a combination of the three. But your theory might just be right. :/

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I see where you're going with this, and I shared this sentiment as well; at first. However, there is nothing wrong with speculating on something that the game suggests. We were practically led to assume that the Parella became the Zora - by magic, by evolution, divine intervention, or a combination of the three. But your theory might just be right. :/

I fail to see where the game suggested anything involving a connection between the Parella and the Zora. In WW, it was made perfectly clear that the Rito were once the Zora. There's absolutely no mention of the Zora in SS, including in Lake Floria. That's a huge red flag.

It's quite simple. They didn't exist yet. No Zoras River = no Zoras. That's a pretty shallow explanation, but it's the correct one.

No. This doesn't make any sense. One, they look nothing like the Zora, unlike how the Zora looked a lot like the Rito. Two, there wouldn't be enough time for that kind of change. Three, the evolution from Zora to Rito was required for them to survive and was due to Valoo, meaning divine intervention was used. The Parella are just a new race that have been retconned into the series, just like the Mogmas. They have no connection to the Zora whatsoever.

How do we know for sure the Zora evolved into the Rito? I mean Zora's are creatures made for the water. If Hyrule was flooded then that would be ideal for them. There would be no reason for them to have to change to creatures meant for the sky.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
How do we know for sure the Zora evolved into the Rito? I mean Zora's are creatures made for the water. If Hyrule was flooded then that would be ideal for them. There would be no reason for them to have to change to creatures meant for the sky.

I don't know, maybe because it's confirmed in-game and in an interview? And as far as the water thing goes, the flood would actually have been bad for them. They're amphibious, so they have to live on land as well as in water. They were on Dragon Roost Island, a dry place, which would have dried them out if they'd stayed as half-fish.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Your ability to assume fact continually astounds me.

Excuse me for stating something that I believe to be true. My apologies, oh master. -.-

Since when do things have to appear similar to be evolutionary related? The time is irrelevant. As demonstrated with the Zora/rito evolution. It wasn't required, there was plenty of land for them to use. The reason for their evolution is down to yet more theory and the strongest one seem to be that the goddesses/valoo were responsible as Hyrule had to remain hidden underwater.

What?

I fail to see where the game suggested anything involving a connection between the Parella and the Zora. In WW, it was made perfectly clear that the Rito were once the Zora. There's absolutely no mention of the Zora in SS, including in Lake Floria. That's a huge red flag.

JJ, JJ, JJ, JJ... What I'm saying is that it isn't odd for a person to assume the Parella became the Zora. I'm not saying this is a confirmed fact; I'm just saying that the game loosely (as in not directly) suggests it. I don't find it the least bit odd for a person to think "Hey, where are the Zora? Hmm... They're apparently not in SS, but what are these other things? Ah, the Parella, this game's only aquatic species. Okay...so this game takes place well before OoT. Wow, so the Parella may have become the Zora overtime!"

I was opposed to the idea at first. (I wish I could find my previous posts containing my opinion on this...) But anyway, your theory might very well be correct, but I wouldn't completely dismiss the others.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
JJ, JJ, JJ, JJ... What I'm saying is that it isn't odd for a person to assume the Parella became the Zora. I'm not saying this is a confirmed fact; I'm just saying that the game loosely (as in not directly) suggests it. I don't find it the least bit odd for a person to think "Hey, where are the Zora? Hmm... They're apparently not in SS, but what are these other things? Ah, the Parella, this game's only aquatic species. Okay...so this game takes place well before OoT. Wow, so the Parella may have become the Zora overtime!"

I was opposed to the idea at first. (I wish I could find my previous posts containing my opinion on this...) But anyway, your theory might very well be correct, but I wouldn't completely dismiss the others.

I know it's not necessarily odd, but it's highly illogical. There's not even a loose suggestion that they're connected.

I know it's not necessarily odd, but it's highly illogical. There's not even a loose suggestion that they're connected.

I get what you're saying: It wasn't directly mentioned in the games, so it isn't true. But might you consider the possibility that they may have been intended to be [ancestors to the] Zora at some point in development?

Posted below is the official concept artwork from Hyrule Historia. In it, many of the designs seem to resemble the Zora. Just to be clear, this is not an attempt at strengthening my support of the Parella→Zora theory; this is just to introduce the possibility that the Parella may have been planned at some point to be [ancestors to the] Zora.

tumblr_lxio6wYVcU1qk8n2s

tumblr_lxio6wYVcU1qk8n2s

It appears as if they went for a more primitive design. You be the judge. :/

Yeah, I thought the Flora must've changed into Zoras, but still....I couldn't help but miss the creepy fish/human-like things...they always have such great music;)

I would of really liked to see the Zora's in SS. And that it is definitely a possibility they evolved from Parella.. but all the same.. there really wasn't a large amount of water in which the Zora's could of lived in. Maybe if another Zelda sequel/pre-quel comes out it might fill in this gap. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom