• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Zora Tunic in OoT3DS

In OoT, the Zora Tunic was a blue version of a Kokiri tunic that Link wore so he could breath under water. OoT3DS is not a simple port of OoT, they remake everything so they are highly likely to change most things. (For those of you who want it to be like the original, just play the original.) Miyamoto expressed how bad he felt about the difficulty of the water temple in OoT and said he would change how it, and the Iron Boots work for OoT3DS. In TP, he attempted to make up for the Zora Tunic by making a Zora Armor which had practically and identical role in TP, except that it resembled Lord Jabu Jabu. I think that since they will likely change some things and answer some timeline questions revolving around OoT, then the Zora Tunic would look like the Zora Armor in OoT3DS. Same might go for the Iron boots. What do you think? Just to add a little, the Zora Tunic was a tunic for adult Kokiris, something that does not exist, so why model the tunic after them? I think Miyamoto thought of that eventually.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
In OoT, the Zora Tunic was a blue version of a Kokiri tunic that Link wore so he could breath under water. OoT3DS is not a simple port of OoT, they remake everything so they are highly likely to change most things. (For those of you who want it to be like the original, just play the original.)
The amount of things that are going to be changed has remained largely vague. They have not stated that they would be changing most of the game; the only changes that have been confirmed are graphics and interface (including item selection and targeting). Nintendo is usually very hesitant to make drastic changes to a game, so I doubt OoT 3DS will be any exception.

Miyamoto expressed how bad he felt about the difficulty of the water temple in OoT and said he would change how it, and the Iron Boots work for OoT3DS.
Nintendo said that they would fix the Iron Boots by making them easier to put on and off (like the aforementioned interface changes), but they didn't say anything about changing the dungeon itself.

Just to add a little, the Zora Tunic was a tunic for adult Kokiris, something that does not exist, so why model the tunic after them? I think Miyamoto thought of that eventually.
The game doesn't say anywhere that the Zora Tunic was made specifically for Link; if it were made specifically for Link, why would it be on public display in a shop?

Secondly, the aesthetic appearances of items hold the least bit of weight in an argument about timeline placement. There are much more important things to consider, like the story of the game itself.

Finally, this is posted in the wrong section. It belongs in either Zelda Theory or Pocket Zelda, because it is about a hand-held game. It's more about the nature of changes in OoT 3DS than Zelda theory, so I'm moving it to Pocket Zelda.

The game doesn't say anywhere that the Zora Tunic was made specifically for Link; if it were made specifically for Link, why would it be on public display in a shop?
My point was, it resembles an adult sized Kokiri Tunic in blue.... Why not make it resemble Hylian clothes if it is meant for adult-sized-nonzora-humanoids to wear? I mean, the Gerudo, Humans, and Hylians were the intended target. Kokiri are too small, Zora's already have that ability, and Gorons have a different body shape.
Finally, this is posted in the wrong section. It belongs in either Zelda Theory or Pocket Zelda, because it is about a hand-held game. It's more about the nature of changes in OoT 3DS than Zelda theory, so I'm moving it to Pocket Zelda.
This is Modern, it is zelda, it Isn't a theory. But I see how it can go in Pocket Zelda.

Master

Upcoming
I think it would be a good idea to make a "Zora Amor" like the one in Twilight Princess , but i didn't find the Water Temple in Oot Hard , it only took me like 2 hours , like every other dungeon

:zelda: + :) = <3

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Okay, um, you're assuming that the Kokiri are the only people who wear tunics...they most likely aren't....

Anyway, I think it would be nice to have a few redesigns of elements like that. However, I doubt that they'll use TP's model for an OoT remake. Perhaps they'll use something original.

Okay, um, you're assuming that the Kokiri are the only people who wear tunics...they most likely aren't....

Anyway, I think it would be nice to have a few redesigns of elements like that. However, I doubt that they'll use TP's model for an OoT remake. Perhaps they'll use something original.
Yea, something new would be good too. My point with tunics was, only the Kokiri were tunics that look like Link's tunic.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
If they made it into something else, they would have to stop calling it a tunic, wouldn't they?

If they do change it, I'm sure it will be made to resemble the Zora Armor from TP... it would be easy to imagine them reusing TP graphics in an OoT remake.

I do think they'll make the graphics better looking, but I didn't get the impression that they would change the basic appearance of anything.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well, I think they already showed how they are going to improve the Iron Boots, as the top screen will have the action going on, and the bottom screen will have the items, so you can just switch there.

As for the tunics/armors, it doesn't really matter if they change that or not.

My point was, it resembles an adult sized Kokiri Tunic in blue.... Why not make it resemble Hylian clothes if it is meant for adult-sized-nonzora-humanoids to wear? I mean, the Gerudo, Humans, and Hylians were the intended target. Kokiri are too small, Zora's already have that ability, and Gorons have a different body shape.
Well, there are many unanswered questions regarding the topic of tunics. For example, I don't understand how a tunic made for Kokiri would fit a 17 year old young Hylian adult. By the way, I think a Gerudo would be too bid for a Zora tunic. :P

This is Modern, it is zelda, it Isn't a theory. But I see how it can go in Pocket Zelda.
On the contrary, I think it is very much a theory. There are many references to Ocarina of Time regarding both the hero's clothes and Zora Armor in Twilight Princess. I could see how this could fit in Modern Zelda in regards to Twilight Princess, but I think the best place for it is Pocket Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom