• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild ZI Says Zelda U Will Drop Motion Controls!

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
"Weaknesses" which I debunked as being weaknesses in my response to Cfrock. Funny how people consistently overlook stuff like this.
I didn't overlook anything. The fact is, the Wii Remote Plus + Nunchuk does not have a microphone, a second screen, gyro controls, a second analog stick, and extra shoulder buttons. They just aren't there. Nothing on the Wii Remote Plus + Nunchuk can accommodate for this, unless Nintendo intentionally did not use these features on the Gamepad in Zelda U.

Sorry to jump in between your debate with Cfrock.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I didn't overlook anything. The fact is, the Wii Remote Plus + Nunchuk does not have a microphone, a second screen, gyro controls, a second analog stick, and extra shoulder buttons. They just aren't there. Nothing on the Wii Remote Plus + Nunchuk can accommodate for this, unless Nintendo intentionally did not use these features on the Gamepad in Zelda U.

And I thoroughly explained why none of that matters. If you'd read my post, you just might see why.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So nice of you to acknowledge my satire and not Cfrock's, Xyph. Also nice of you to not actually take notice that ZI not only jumped the gun, but over the moon by thinking Nintendo meant they were dropping motion controls when they didn't even remotely hint at it. Good job!

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Erm... what?
She means that Nintendo will likely take full advantage of most, if not all of these features of the Gamepad, as they have in past Zelda games on other platforms, like Cfrock explained.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
It's been obvious they aren't going to use motion controls for Zelda U. The only ones who would deny this are SS fanboys in denial. As long as they go back to TP-styled combat or improve it, I'm satisfied either way.

It's been obvious they aren't going to use motion controls for Zelda U. The only ones who would deny this are SS fanboys in denial. As long as they go back to TP-styled combat or improve it, I'm satisfied either way.
I don't understand how it's obvious? What makes you say that? Skyward Sword fanboys in denial of... what? I understand you're implying that Skyward Sword fanboys are simply being ignorant of details -- which I take mild offense to since I am also a Skyward Sword fan and would like to see the motion controls again, but meh -- but your vagueness really only gives your message exactly that same tone you're criticizing; you're not backing your assertion up at all and your claim lacks details. Again, how has it been obvious?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmmm I absolutely didn't mind the motion plus. It was fun and something new. It worked out for some of us and some of us didn't like it. It would be a good thing if they are going to allow multiple options. To use and example in some DS games you can choose to use the stylus or to use the Control pad. They should allow something like that. If they are going to disable the motion plus completely I do think they are tossing away an opportunity. They could get something better out of it and should use it to the fullest and not say alright this didn't work so bye bye. At least give it another shot by allowing it into multiple options so a player can choose at the beginning of a game

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
@Axle the Beast

I'm a fan of SS and, from a personal perspective, I'd be happy to see the motion controls return, but there is just no logical way that could happen.

1) The Wii U wasn't built around motion controls. That would be like requiring a Gamecube Control for SS or TP Wii.

2) We are not getting multiple control schemes. I can safely assure you of that. Partially because of Reason #1. They could emulate the motion controls with the Gamepad, but M+ isn't going to be an effective replacement for normal Gamepad controls. Even if Nintendo wanted to do this, it'd be too much effort and money to justify it.

3) Most importantly...Skyward Sword bombed. I love the game, but sales were bad, critical reception was below standards, and fan reception was WAY below standards. From a business perspective there is no logical reason why they would return to M+. Doing so could ultimately be suicide for Zelda.

Salem

SICK
Most importantly...Skyward Sword bombed. I love the game, but sales were bad, critical reception was below standards, and fan reception was WAY below standards. From a business perspective there is no logical reason why they would return to M+. Doing so could ultimately be suicide for Zelda.
It didn't, it just didn't. Less successful than others maybe, but bombed? No.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Motion controls in Skyward Sword were really cool. Even minor use in Twilight Princess Wii was satisfying. The aiming, at least. If they don't feature in the next console game, then, okay, I guess. Bring on whatever Zelda U has to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom