• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zephos and Cyclos are Rajin and Fujin!

Matthew Srolis

Just a Deku Scrub
I tried bring up this theory to Gajin Goombah, but of course he did not respond or likely see it. Anyways I propose to you that the two gods of windwaker Zephos and Cyclos are based of Japanese gods Rajin and Fujin.
images.jpg

demon_gods_fujin_and_raijin_by_elbrazo-d3khwa3.jpg

Appearence:
This is one is fairly obvious, just though I would get it out of the way. So Zephos is green like Fujin and Cyclos is red like Rajin. They also both ride on clouds and are counterpart gods.

Abilities:
This is where the similarities are striking. In Japanese folklore, Rajin is the god of thunder,lightning and storms, and is able to summon it by smashing on the drums behind it, hence creating the thunder sound. Cyclos is the god of well, cyclones. This is where Nintendo mabye messed up a bit, but still cyclones are very destructive just like lightning and also when fighting him thunder and lightning are apperent in the background. Fujin is the god of winds, keeping all of the winds in his bag over his shoulder. Zephos is the god of winds as well, for example he teaches you the winds requiem.

"Ranking":
By this I mean what they are referred to in there respective worlds. Zephos and Cyclos are both deities and Rajin and Fujin are both gods, very similar.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
This actually makes a lot of sense, Zelda has a proud history of incorporating elements from the real world and to be honest They do look a hell of a lot alike (Not in body shape) and the abilities seems to match, and i wanna point out Storms over an ocean can have Cyclones in them so it's quite accurate.

Overall i like this theory ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom