• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda ZeldaVR: Zelda in First-Person (Oculus Rift)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
So, the Oculus Rift is a very cool piece of tech and probably the best stab at virtual reality we've had in gaming. A lot of cool stuff has already been shown for it, be they full games we'll be playing or fun demos to just show off the technology. One such title, thankfully being the former, is this trippy version of the original Legend of Zelda played in first-person! Check it out.

[video=youtube;6gzXHUyfdyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gzXHUyfdyM[/video]

And it'll be released for free for everyone to play in March of this year for Oculus Rift users. :)

I Watched the video and I think there are some games that should be left alone unless their being remade from the ground up not just pasted over a 3D environment.

It's a cool concept but I'm going to stick to playing TLoZ on my 3ds.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I'd say this is the future. I'm thinking this is kinda like playing Skyrim. The combat wasn't very deep in that game, but then again, Zelda was never famous for the fights. I'd really like to play this, especially if they make this for the 3D Zelda's.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I can't stand playing in first person. The only game I tolerate doing so in is minecraft and only because it's about what you craft and not your character. So, this is definitely not for me...

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
This is cool, but I don't want virtual reality taking over in the future. I'd rather sit on my lazy ***, with a bag of chips at my side, hold a controller in my hands and sit on the couch like the little ***** I am. That's how I like it.

Skunk

Floof
This seems a bit odd to me mainly because of the fact that most structures look really odd from a first person perspective and that the lighting makes some areas look far too dark(e.g. the mountain corner where the wooden sword man's cave is). Also, it's too casual because it isn't on the Game Sphere.

Beeker

Wild Card
A future Zelda with VR support could be interesting, but it seems it would be better if it was built from the ground up with the tech in mind(sort of like the WM+, bit not as gimmicky). This is good as a concept, but I don't know if the first Zelda translates as well into a 3D world.

I doubt Nintendo will make any games with this system in mind, they never put any of their main franchises on anything but Nintendo made systems and its been that way for a very long time with maybe only one or two exceptions in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom