• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zelda's Scarf

I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but Link's parachute has the same design as Zelda's scarf.

f3gmyo.jpg

So can we assume she gave her scarf to him?

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 10

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Maybe it's not a scarf--it could be the very same sackcloth that Link uses as a parachute, and Zelda gives it to him, likely for beating the other villager riders in that Loft Bird competition.

Good find! :)

Last edited:
Yes, this been has mentioned. But I'm sure that someone might find this open for discussion, and besides not everyone is aware of this possibility, so... :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Um, it's quite possible, but I have a few ther things to say though.

1.) It might be that all bird riders have these, since in's a safty precaution.

2.) It's used as a shawl, not a scarf. A scarf would make her look like Sheik.

3.) I assume it's Zelda's, as she, and the bird riding instructors are the only ones who seem to have that specific Symbol.

But Links version has a Yellow tint. It might be just where he's at, which would make sense because the only place we see him use it is when landing at Eldin Volcano. (later, Death Mountain)

Last edited:
Um, it's quite possible, but I have a few ther things to say though.

2.) It's used as a shawl, not a scarf. A scarf would make her look like Sheik.

3.) I assume it's Zelda's, as she, and the bird riding instructors are the only ones who seem to have that specific Symbol.

But Links version has a Yellow tint. It might be just where he's at, which would make sense because the only place we see him use it is when landing at Eldin Volcano. (later, Death Mountain)

All of these ideas were in the back of my mind.

It's just that Zelda doesn't have hers in that one scene where she's flying with Link. It might not mean anything, but it just seems kinda weird.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Oh...my...GOSH! This would explain why she didn't have that in that scene! With that, I'm guessing what we saw with that black creature just may be a prophecy dream and that the real thing wasn't shown due to some kind of spoiler.

Yeah, that symbol is Zelda's specific one. Link's is quite different, so it's definitely Zelda's.

Last edited:

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I find Link's napkin amusing...

Though its an intersting find, maybe its just a common symbol around Skyloft. And then Link's differs a lot from Zelda's, he look a little bit more yellowish, but it might be judt for the enviroment we have seen it, and you can see a little design in the edges like borders while Zelda's is plainly white.
I cant agree in this, first off Skyloft(ians?) are unaware of the land below, so for them falling and going splat on the floor is not possible, since there is nothing there. Also your bird will rescue you if you fall, and apparently wont miss, so that eliminates the danger of falling.
The only fall we have seen so far, was Zelda's, and she wasnt rescued by her bird since it got sucked up in the tornado. Then we find Link in Skyloft again, presumably because his bird rescued him.

I cant agree in this, first off Skyloft(ians?) are unaware of the land below, so for them falling and going splat on the floor is not possible, since there is nothing there. Also your bird will rescue you if you fall, and apparently wont miss, so that eliminates the danger of falling.
The only fall we have seen so far, was Zelda's, and she wasnt rescued by her bird since it got sucked up in the tornado. Then we find Link in Skyloft again, presumably because his bird rescued him.

But traveling to other islands in the Sky and diving off of your bird is part of their culture, so they would need a parachute anyway.
I believe it's Zelda's scarf, but it's still possible that every bird rider has a similar "parachute".

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Hmm...this makes my dream theory a lot more plausible huh? :P

I'm sure I'm pretty late on this, but I think I pieced everything together.

Link wins the bird competition; Zelda gives him her shawl. This is why we don't see it later on.

...I find it really weird for Link to be using Zelda's shawl as a parachute. ._.

Only that the game starts out as one. I know you saw that thread I posted about that "whale" not being a whale and that it was very real. You even admitted it yourself.

But I never said that the "whale" itself wasn't real per se, I said that the scene with Zelda falling and the whale appearing to swallow her wasn't "real", but a dream or vision.
After seeing the "whale" in-game, I admit that it is in fact real, and not just symbolic or a metaphore in a dream, as I imagined before.
That does not change my opinion about the scene this whole discussion revolved around, I still think the scene isn't "real".

As Eternal Nocture said, this could explain why Zelda didn't have her scarf on wen she fell, and with that makes it more plausible that the "whale" scene is a dream/vision.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
huh. Interesting find. I've never thought of it, but it looks undeniable from the evidence you've shown.

In the 2011 trailer, there are inconsistencies in Zelda's attire (already mentioned by JuiceJ). If you see when Link and Zelda are flying peacefully, Zelda has no scarf/shawl/whatever. But when she falls, she does.

[video=youtube;ZoqZaxERf1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqZaxERf1U[/video]

What's probably happening here is that they've stitched these two scenes together to display the narrative of the game. The first scene probably happens earlier, and the abduction of Zelda happens later (not directly after) or as Yonatesf thinks, doesn't happen at all (a dream). They illustrate the story well so they just stitched it together.

Zelda can be seen falling into the tornado in all pink, she doesn't have her scarf/shawl, so it must be with Link or in Skyloft (probably with her father). It certainly is Zelda's as it has the crest of her family (the same crest as her father, the proto-Hylian crest). Link later visits Zelda's father and gets his trademark green tunic, it's probable that Zelda's father gives Link the sailcloth then too.

I must say, I never had any reason to believe that that scene was a dream but now I'm convinced. Great find!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
huh. Interesting find. I've never thought of it, but it looks undeniable from the evidence you've shown.

In the 2011 trailer, there are inconsistencies in Zelda's attire (already mentioned by JuiceJ). If you see when Link and Zelda are flying peacefully, Zelda has no scarf/shawl/whatever. But when she falls, she does.

[video=youtube;ZoqZaxERf1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqZaxERf1U[/video]

What's probably happening here is that they've stitched these two scenes together to display the narrative of the game. The first scene probably happens earlier, and the abduction of Zelda happens later (not directly after) or as Yonatesf thinks, doesn't happen at all (a dream). They illustrate the story well so they just stitched it together.

Zelda can be seen falling into the tornado in all pink, she doesn't have her scarf/shawl, so it must be with Link or in Skyloft (probably with her father). It certainly is Zelda's as it has the crest of her family (the same crest as her father, the proto-Hylian crest). Link later visits Zelda's father and gets his trademark green tunic, it's probable that Zelda's father gives Link the sailcloth then too.

I never had any reason to believe that that scene was a dream but now I'm convinced. Great find!

I must say, I love how Link's voice will sound in Skyward Sword. His voice actor must be a very good pick this time around. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom