• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zelda's Cloak Twilight Princess

In TP when we 1st Meet up with Zelda who is in the twilight-ish Hyrule, she is seen in a Dark Cloak. she then tell us about how Zant Invaded Hyrule and Gave Zelda a choice " Life or Death" Zelda chooses the only answer that is best for her people Life and then was locked in a tower. So why this dark cloak? well it seems that this Cloak is a Morning Cloak and on the back is the Sheikah eye so its possible the Sheikah (probably Impa from OOT giving it to Zelda during her training thus passing it down to the next Zelda) Gave the cloak to Zelda and now she is wearing it due to what has hapend. But hears the weird thing, while Zelda is in the Twilight infested Hyrule she is not a Spirit or a animal so you dont have to use your senses to see her. So why is this? Does this cloak have Magical Abilities probably made possible since it is connected to the Sheikah that are sworn to protect the royal family so Maybe that prevented the twilight from turning Zelda into a spirit. Or was it the Triforce of Wisdom that protected her the same way the triforce of Courage protected Link? :)

Also a bit of trivia -this is is also referenced in SSBB when you get the cloaked Zelda trophy it does mention that it is a Mourning cloak and that she wears this to morn for the people in hyrule. IDK if this counts as an Official Nintendo statement about the cloak.. thought ill point that out

Last edited:

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
Wow! Thats a really good theory. I noticed the cloak but really didn't think about it. I think that because she is the Princess and stuff I guess Zant just left her but put a curse on her people so she can watch them panic and suffer from it. Or maybe the castle has like a secret barrier because it is a pretty important place so maybe enemies can reach it but not harm it. Because when Zant came in, nothing seemed to be broken or harmed except for the guards.
Another thing I noticed is that Impa is never mention in TP so how do you think that Impa gave her the cloak. Couldn't it also be possible that she had that cloak and used it to hide her face from all the horror in Hyrule?

Wow! Thats a really good theory. I noticed the cloak but really didn't think about it. I think that because she is the Princess and stuff I guess Zant just left her but put a curse on her people so she can watch them panic and suffer from it. Or maybe the castle has like a secret barrier because it is a pretty important place so maybe enemies can reach it but not harm it. Because when Zant came in, nothing seemed to be broken or harmed except for the guards.
Another thing I noticed is that Impa is never mention in TP so how do you think that Impa gave her the cloak. Couldn't it also be possible that she had that cloak and used it to hide her face from all the horror in Hyrule?
By impa i ment the Impa from OOT giving the cloak to Zelda while she was in training to pose as a Sheikah..i should had explained that part better ill update the post. and yea i guess it could have been possible that she had the cloak and decided to wear it, while it could also be possible that zant did Curse Zelda so she will stay unaffected by twilight . Zant basically torchered Zelda by having her watch her people suffer and theirs nothing she can do about it. so that can also make sense.

Last edited:

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I think that it's basically the fact that she is Zelda that prevents her from turning into a spirit in the Twilight Realm, having the triforce of wisdom and all.

It could also be because she is a reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia, and the Twilight isnt powerful enough to overpower a goddess or because her whole thing is light. She always gives you the light arrows and her power is usually shown by a flash of light

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Wow this id an old thread.

Never Really thought about it. I wouldnt trust smash for canon info though on anythinf more than the most basic of levels

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom