• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zeldas Animals.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
I believe that more animals should come into play. Just like Okamis animals. those animals made nippon feel alive! if they had more regular animals in Zelda that would be cool. maybe even an animal themed game! maybe. I can picture the name "Legend Of Zelda: Fate of the beasts" or coolness of animals. Maybe. Those names are terrible. whatever, I'm Just sayin.

Djinn

and Tonic
A little bit of this was done in Twilight Princess when wolf Link had the ability to speak to random cats and Epona. Of course Link as a wolf was considered a part of the animal world and not really in the human world at all at the time. Other Hylians seemed to not know that the animals would speak to each other.

As far as it happening in SS, I hope it would only be done if there were some reason or plot device that made it possible. Just simply talking animals roaming around really takes away from the more teen or mature setting and brings it back to the cartoonish realm that fans did not like with Toon Link. More people have been wanting Zelda to be a bit more realistic in areas while maintaining the medieval fantasy setting.

So maybe if there were some kind of device that allowed Link to hear the thoughts of animals or understand their words, then I would enjoy it. Even a spell of some kind that let Link speak with animals. Or if the animal in question was some sort of magical creature at not at all like the normal versions of the species like Kaepora Gaebora, or the Keaton of MM. But I would not want animals to just be capable of speaking for no reason at all.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Hmm, maybe there could be a small portion of SS where you're looking for a specific place and you figure out that you need animals to lead you there. But, of course, that makes things harder because Link can't talk to animals and he's not quite as fast as them. I think if Nintendo implemented a small section that isn't heavily based on the story/plot, then it wouldn't seem too out of context. They've just gotta be careful with what they're doing. Otherwise, people will look at their television screen and think Wtft? Why am I following a cat?

I'm currently playing Oracle of Seasons, and animals play a big role in that game. Ricky (the Kangaroo), Dmitri (the dinosaur?), and especially Moosh (the flying bear) are all vital and are much more dynamic then many other animal characters.

I agree that it would be interesting to see some animal roles similar to these in SS.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I want to see Rambi from the Donkey Kong franchise!

...On topic: Yes, I would like to see more wildlife in future titles. Maybe a wolf in ancient Hyrule that will run ahead once he spots Link and stop every once in awhile to looks back, or rabbits dashing to their holes hidden beyond the boundary line. :) I see lots more potential flowing from this.

How about another Animal Village much like the one in LA? Sounds like a rather pleasant place to visit. I like there being nice places to visit amongst all the chaos and wilderness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom