• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda's 25th

Beeker

Wild Card
Wow. Time's gone by fast!

So, this Monday, February 21st, marks the 25th anniversary of the Legend of Zelda being released for the NES in Japan.
Do you have any plans to celebrate it? If so, what will you do? Do you think something should be done to commemorate it?

Post any thoughts you have about Zelda's 25th anniversary here.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I just hope Nintendo does something special for us. Maybe more news on Skyward Sword and/or Ocarina of Time 3D or a compilation game.

As for me, I don't think I'll do anything special, but I'd love too. But I do plan to give Zelda some life this year. I'm very very sad to say this, but... I haven't played a Zelda game since 2007 or 2008. But for sure I will play and pass Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time 3D, and Wind Waker this year. And possibly Majora's Mask. Forgive me Zelda Dungeon. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Hrm... Nothing off the top of my head. I had created a little "25 years" banner. It's about the original LoZ and, well, its 25th anniversary!

I think it is cool that a franchise has stuck around so long. Way to go, Nintendo! I hope ZD posts some sort of special article for the occasion.

I knew nothing about this event.
Hard to believe Zelda is 25 yrs old.

Perhaps Nintendo can release a 25th anniversary compilation of the Zelda games.
Both a limited edition and a standard edition.
The limited edition could include small cards with artwork drawings of Zelda characters from each of the Zelda games.
Ocarina could have Ganon,Link,Zelda, and all the sages.
Temple of Time as well.

MM could have Epona,Malon,Anju, Darmani, etc etc.

WW could have Tetra in her pirate form and in her Zelda form.
Also Medli, a picture of the Deku tree.etc etc.
Lttp could have a card with the seven crystals and the 3 pearld from the light world.
Picture of all the bosses Moldrum,Trunexx,Kholdstare,etc.

I'd prefer Nintendo to make some sort of compilation of Zelda games with some kind of bonus material. I'm thinking that since Nintendo has ported the Legend of Zelda (GBA Classic Series, Zelda Collector's Edition), the Adventure of Link (GBA Classic Series, Zelda Collector's Edition), A Link to the Past (A Link to the Past/Four Swords, GBA), Ocarina of Time (Zelda Collector's Edition) and Majora's Mask (Zelda Collector's Edition) to different consoles, they should show the Zelda handhelds some love and port them to the DS. The package can include Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, and the Minish Cap.

For bonus material, they should do as they did with Mario's 25th anniversary, and include a soundtrack with music from each game in the Zelda main series and a neat little history book.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'd prefer Nintendo to make some sort of compilation of Zelda games with some kind of bonus material. I'm thinking that since Nintendo has ported the Legend of Zelda (GBA Classic Series, Zelda Collector's Edition), the Adventure of Link (GBA Classic Series, Zelda Collector's Edition), A Link to the Past (A Link to the Past/Four Swords, GBA), Ocarina of Time (Zelda Collector's Edition) and Majora's Mask (Zelda Collector's Edition) to different consoles, they should show the Zelda handhelds some love and port them to the DS. The package can include Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, and the Minish Cap.

For bonus material, they should do as they did with Mario's 25th anniversary, and include a soundtrack with music from each game in the Zelda main series and a neat little history book.

I totally agree with you, but I doubt they will put Link's Awakening because then no one will buy it on the 3DS's Virtual Console. But yes, I would seriously love to have all of Zelda's great music in one disc. But it would certainly give the DS some life before it finally dies.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
This is going to sound silly, but I want a hat. I want an official nice awesome well made Link hat. I know you can make them an all but still. It would just be amazing.

I also wouldn't mind having the OOX's for DS. Even though I just started playing them. I would actually like a bit of merchandise than a special addition game. I remember they had LoZ lunch boxes. Too bad I didn't get one. I also wouldn't mind seeing this around.
LinkSweetDispenser.jpg
Or maybe a model of Hyrule castle..
Hey look I found a picture of it!

castle.jpg

Djinn

and Tonic
You can still buy those Klik dispensers, Hot Topic sells them.

Compilations have also been released before. there was the OoT and Master Quest double pack and the Collector's edition on Gamecube a few years back. As well as the re-releases of LoZ, Aol, ALTTP, and LA on Gameboy Advance around the same time.

What I would love, but I doubt will happen, is a compilation collector's edition hardcover book. Covering everything from developer's quotes, notes, and art from all the titles ranging all the way back to the original LoZ. Also including behind the scenes info on dropped concepts from games or dungeons that were deleted from the final edition. Maybe have the Hylian alphabets in one section, some information covering the recurring monsters and bosses of the series, a few maps of Hyrule, and some extra info on things like the Sheikah and Gerudo that never made it into a game story. Then a few reviews covering all the games and how they performed in Japan and NA,

I love deep insider information from creators on how they came up with these concepts and why they chose the designs they used.

Some more of these kinds of things
Goeron_concept_art.jpg

zart1.jpg

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
Party!

It's not like Nintendo will actually do anything concerning games, but maybe they will release music or concept art! For those who got Metroid Prime Collector's addition, you saw how awesome that packet filled with pictures and drawings of concept art were. And on the flipside, there was the whole Metroid Prime epic! Of course the Zelda version won't come with a timeline (I wish), but a packet like that full of concept art would be amazing.

And 25 years, wow! I didn't realize it was so long ago! Did I mention... party! Maybe someone could bring that cake that ZREO is offering for a donation to their Twilight Symphony project. We just need plates, I'll bring the Chateau Romani!

Too bad Nintendo didn't release a 25th anniversary edition Zelda compilation with updated graphics for the Wii like they did for Mario's 30th. I was disappointed that it was just a re-release of Super Mario All-Stars which I still have for the SNES although the cartridge has a dead battery. :S

H

Hammer Bro. Mike

My site (Zelda Eternity) and Zelda World are hosting a few streams this weekend to celebrate the anniversary. Today we're playing Oracle of Ages, tomorrow we're playing Ocarina of Time and on Sunday we're playing the original Zelda. If you've got nothing to do, you should definitely come check it out.

Click here to view some information about it, as well as a link to our stream page.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I'm going to be on vacation but I'll play Spirit Tracks and make some YouTube videos when I get home. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEGEND OF ZELDA!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom