• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda's 25th

I would love if nintendo released some kind of commemorative boxset/ cd to celebrate it!

tought I will celebrate it the best way I know: playing more Zelda games! I still have lots of homework to do!

Beeker

Wild Card
What I would love, but I doubt will happen, is a compilation collector's edition hardcover book. Covering everything from developer's quotes, notes, and art from all the titles ranging all the way back to the original LoZ. Also including behind the scenes info on dropped concepts from games or dungeons that were deleted from the final edition. Maybe have the Hylian alphabets in one section, some information covering the recurring monsters and bosses of the series, a few maps of Hyrule, and some extra info on things like the Sheikah and Gerudo that never made it into a game story. Then a few reviews covering all the games and how they performed in Japan and NA,

I love deep insider information from creators on how they came up with these concepts and why they chose the designs they used.

Some more of these kinds of things
Goeron_concept_art.jpg

zart1.jpg

This would be amazing. I love looking at official art and even concept art, so a book full of concepts and other goodies would be awesome to see.

As for celebrating, I'll try to draw something for it. I'm also going to try to challenge myself to play through as much of a Zelda game as possible(most likely TP). I'll try to beat it in one whole night! And maybe fit the original LoZ in there too ;)

Nicole

luke is my wife
I had created a little "25 years" banner. It's about the original LoZ and, well, its 25th anniversary!

This was it:

ubd2960.png

^
It was a userbar I made for Sage.

And this:
ubd5420.png

^
Was just a lil' something I edited to put in my siggy. Pretty cool how Zelda inspires me. :D

my school is off in honor of Zelda's 25th =). except they like to call it presidents day lol. this weekend i played the first game with my girlfriend who hasnt played that one yet.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Happy 25th Birthday Legend Of Zelda!

Today we celebrate the 25th birthday of Zelda games! (Well, technically it was yesterday because Japan is a day ahead...but whatever :) I'm going to share my personal experience with the fantastic franchise and encourage others to post their thoughts and memories of this fantastic series. When I was 3 years old...Ocarina of Time came out for N64. I didn't own the console at the time but my cousin did...and every year on Christmas Day...we would have a big family gathering in the evening their. It turned out that my cousin got this "Zelda" game, as we called it back then...and he really wanted to try it out. So, we popped it in the N64 and started playing. This was actually my first time playing video games and my first Zelda game, a neat combo. Anyway, the title screen, music, introduction and the Great Deku tree stage gave us the most epic openning to anything we had ever experienced before! We played and played until it was 6am on december 26th....we ended up right before we got the Ocarina of Time and went to the Temple of Time. Because of this night, Zelda would forever become burned into my memory as an amazing adventure story...and 2 years ago...I actually found my cousin's N64 and I now own it with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask collectors edition for both of them. To reexperience these games reminded me of my childhood, and now as I get older I appreciate them more and more. I continue to experience new games in the series such as Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and the Oracle games...and hopefully we can continue to see new masterpieces in future (Skyward Sword XD). So...Here's to another 25 years of outstanding games and adventures with our favourite green clad hero, princess and of course, Ganon :) :)

Here's the Ocarina of Time intro :) Bring back some memories :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmsh04gWCCE&feature=related

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I love the way American's are off school for President's Day and we are off for Half Term on Zelda's birthday! I bet somewhere secretly it is planned. :lol: I am playing Zelda for definite today! :3

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It would've been Boss if they released a trailer or an inkling of information (having nothing to do with the main story plot) on Skyward Sword, or the Triforce Wii that a lot of people have been talking about, but it seems they're not going for that. Nevertheless, SS and OoT 3DS will be enough to commemorate it for, when they are released.

happy birthday for the Zelda series =D well same as you, OoT was probably the first game I ever played and it also came out when I was 3 years old n.n I remember getting in my sister's (whoops!) game and I just started running around with epona and play the minigames and stuff like that because at the time I was too young to understand what it actually was about, because of this everytime I play OoT I get the greatest nostalgia ever, I feel like I could be young forever....this is mostly why OoT is my favorite game n.n it doesn't exactly have to be the best, I just have great memories with it...

VIVA LA ZELDA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom