• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZeldaDungeon Vs. ZeldaUniverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
i've been meaning to start this thread a while ago. i've been active on both sites and i've noticed that ZD gets news faster than ZU does. are there any other dual site users that have noticed this lag in information? this is a thread to share your lagged info experiences. so i'll start with mine.

ZU didn't know that the 25th anniversary 3DS bundle was coming out in north America until I personally announced it in one of their threads.
they also had no idea that a MM was confirmed to be happening but only after the original game for the 3DS until i told them.

anyways please share your conveniences or inconveniences between the two sites.

I also, was wondering about the differences. I was looking for a Zelda community I could be part of daily, and I found this site, as well as there's. I noticed, that ZU loads very very slow for me, and barely works for me. so I came here, and like it here. never went back.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Isn't this kind of biased?
Posting a vs. thread on ZD's site and ZD being one of the competitors?

But I'll answer the question with ZD, I've followed this site ever since 2004 (When TP was announced). But too bad I didn't start a forum account until late 2009, But I became unactive and forgot the pass and that encouraged me to make this one, And Mases is the most chill guy I've ever seen.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
Isn't this kind of biased?
Posting a vs. thread on ZD's site and ZD being one of the competitors?

i also posted a thread on ZU. and this thread isn't to see which site we like more, its for me to see if there were more people that noticed that ZD is updated more frequently.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
ZD has better loading times, and a better interface. Not to mention better newsposts/synchronization. Also, I love ZD's forum, because I can actually carry on a conversation without being lost. Universe could use some tips from Dungeon, if Mases and co. would allow Cody and co. to have them.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Zelda Universe? Oh, the site that sold out! Yeah, I remember those guys... Donations and all for a new... What was it? Forum skin, I think? 10,000 Dollars. That's right. Oh yeah, great site with a GREAT community! *cough*

I have an account there, but I never felt the need to settle in. The community as a whole doesn't appeal to me much and besides... I only go here every 3 months, so staying active is a problem for me. xD

There are some rude members at ZU,so I moved here cause everybody is friendly. Plus I get to be myself without being jumped on.

Ah...I remember the old days at ZeldaUniverse - where I started. I never really posted there much, but I remember once when I posted a theory and was shot down by a barrage of flames. I didn't stand a chance... That was back in 2009. Fortunately, I made an account here at ZD two years later.

For those reasons, and many of the same reasons as the users above, I find Zelda Dungeon better overall. :yes:

sikora360

TetraForce FTW
I use ZD site for zelda news and ZU for forums. I tend to use ZD forums SLIGHTLY less (when i mean slightly, I mean 15% less)

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
Hey, I'm Cody, the webmaster of Zelda Universe. Just noticed this thread while looking for something else. :P

i've been meaning to start this thread a while ago. i've been active on both sites and i've noticed that ZD gets news faster than ZU does. are there any other dual site users that have noticed this lag in information? this is a thread to share your lagged info experiences. so i'll start with mine.

ZU didn't know that the 25th anniversary 3DS bundle was coming out in north America until I personally announced it in one of their threads.
they also had no idea that a MM was confirmed to be happening but only after the original game for the 3DS until i told them.

anyways please share your conveniences or inconveniences between the two sites.
It's not that all of ZU "doesn't know" about a lot of news until later, it's that currently ZU has a smaller news team with a lot of other stuff going on in real life at the moment (out of the four "Webmasters" I'm the only one that's able to be online this month) - what will happen is that all of the Zelda sites might find a piece of news at around the same time (there's only a few places news usually comes from) but the ZU newsposter might go "alright I can make a post after work" or "it's midnight but I can post it in the morning" and then the news comes out 8 hours later than it does at Zelda Dungeon whose staff are able to be more active and available to post anytime at the moment. It's a cycle - this time last year it was ZU that was the undisputed fastest poster of news but for this cycle of volunteer staff it's Zelda Dungeon.

As for the forums, I understand that a lot of people prefer to talk in comparatively smaller communities like ZD where they can get to know everyone quicker but personally I could never leave ZU because I have such strong ties with a lot of the members there. So many members have actually met up or helped each other in real life (I think I've met about 5 or 6 so far), and there's been so many real-life-relationships and marriages started from people who met at ZU that I've lost track of the number. In my eyes at least the ZU community is the best and most helpful one out there, but of course I'm fairly biased there and have been there a long time.

If you're wondering why people like the ZU community, here's a thread where people talk about what they like about it. I was looking for the thread that was apparently like this one but over at ZU, and found that one instead. :3

Last edited:

zellinkda

one of many
Aww, now we got to go and pick favorites? seriously? anyway, my opinion is that ZD is better for me to use, and i'm not yet a part of ZU's forums. I like ZD's layout of the website, but ZU is just as good. I guess I kinda deserted ZU when i found out about ZD.

There are some rude members at ZU,so I moved here cause everybody is friendly. Plus I get to be myself without being jumped on.

Ah...I remember the old days at ZeldaUniverse - where I started. I never really posted there much, but I remember once when I posted a theory and was shot down by a barrage of flames. I didn't stand a chance... That was back in 2009. Fortunately, I made an account here at ZD two years later.

For those reasons, and many of the same reasons as the users above, I find Zelda Dungeon better overall. :yes:

I totally agree with both of you. I used to post occasionally on Zelda Universe under a different username. I never felt welcome there and there was too much bickering.
I'm a newbie on here but I've lurked for some time now. This is definitely the more friendly forum.

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
Well from what I've heard from others and what I've witnessed myself on ZU, the forums people fight constantly. There seems to be a bit more unity here, even though there is some wise guys, but hey, it's not like they don't exist.

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
I think I joined ZU 2-3 years ago; the first Zelda forum I've ever joined.
I joined it because I wanted to get this Zelda related project started, but when I showed my face on the Forums I never actually felt welcome. Every other thing a did do was never really welcomed either-- Opinions and posts were bashed and ignored.
Though the layout is snazzy and impressive, there's way too much going on. You're quick to update with news and extra things and have a large community.
ZU (from experience) has a competitive, restricted environment and most members I've come across are arrogant and rude. I admit, I did get quite upset and confused, so that's when I headed over to ZI (Zelda Informer). Sorry if that all sounded harsh, but that's what it really felt like.

ZD-- Ahh, ZD. You're such a nice bunch. I feel right at home.
Even if it took me a few months to settle in, having my doubts and that discouraging reputation bar, I'm glad to get to know this compact community.
I'm not much of the theorists so stick around the Art Threads a lot and let me tell you-- What an amazing bunch of artists there are; I have met some amazing people on here!!
Even if you're a slowpoke when it comes to news, you have great material and guides.

I would think that both sites have their ups and downs, and I'm sure that ZU is an excellent site too, but--
It's ZD for me (:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom