• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZeldaDungeon Vs. ZeldaUniverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I check both sites on a regular basis. I originally went to Zelda Universe for years before I came to this place and I found this place through Zelda Universe actually.

I found this site in 2006 and have been visiting every day since then, I only made my forum account recently as I never liked the ideas of forums very much, I tried visiting ZU and I didn't like the layout or anything, I always find the articles here very interesting and the community is so nice, plus Mases is a pretty damn awesome guy haha

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
From what I've seen of both sites, ZD is much better. The only reason that I would ever make a ZU account would be to talk with my old friend who's still active there but left here...

ZD, never really liked the setup or the page of ZU, but i havent visited their site for ages either...

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Funny you should ask that. Both are great site, but Zelda Universe is older and far more developed.

Zelda Dungeon is by far better though. The news here is much more accurate and faster. Zelda Universe's is slower and may not be as accurate...That's all I have to say, otherwise, these two sites are both equally awesome.

I've been to ZU a few times and wasn't a huge fan of the layout or the forums. Altho I admit I am probably a bit bias as I found Zelda Dungeon first. I don't really see them as direct competition however. Sure they are both Zelda fansites, but I'm sure there is plenty of articles and such on each site that aren't on the other. I'd have to imagine there is a decent cross-pollination between the two communities as well (although I have no proof to back this up)

I'm actually a fan of both on Facebook, and I follow both religiously, and ZeldaInformer, but I prefer ZeldaDungeon. It updates much faster and seems more dedicated to the fandom.
I get all my news from here, and it's almost as bad as Tumblr. I swear to myself I'm just gonna check it for TWO SECONDS, and all of a sudden, I'm on the forums or reading walkthroughs of games I've beaten and it's three hours later XD

ZU is bigger and more active, but ZD is friendlier.

It can get unfriendly sometimes, too. There's no such thing as a friendly forum. I should know because every forum I go to is filled with ***holes. Especially the recent one I've joined (SmashBoards).

OT: ZD may feel like it has a nice community, but there are times that some members get on another person just because they have nothing else better to do. It can get on /v/ levels sometimes. Sorry, but I'm gonna have to pick neither. Both ZD & ZU have a lot of the same problems as one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom