• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda with cars-an ongoing series

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I've had the idea for a while to write various scenarios if the different Zelda games had cars, and I've finally decided to go through with it. Just gonna skip through and write major story points that would be greatly affected by this change. I'd also like suggestions for some creative nicknames for the series.

Twilight Princess chapter 1:
“Hyah!”

Link and Fado herded the last of the goats into the barn. “Thanks for the help, Link, I really appreciate it,” said Fado, climbing off his ATV. “No problem,” said Link, who had herded them on foot, preferring to do so because he was light on his feet. “Always happy to help.” Link walked to his pickup truck, his only reminder of his parents, and started it up. He put it in reverse and turned it around towards the gate. As he turned, the right front of the truck limped up and down.

“Oh yeah, that reminds me,” he said. Fado had already started the ATV and didn’t hear him, so Link had to shout “HEY! FADO!”

Fado turned around. “What is it?” he called. “My tire’s low, I was wondering if I could borrow your compressor for about 5 minutes!” Link replied.

Fado motioned to the barn. “It’s in there. You know how to use it.” Link nodded and limped the truck up to the door as Fado sped away. He started the compressor and began filling the tire. He had punctured it a few days ago and hadn’t bothered to fix it because there was an air compressor at both his place and the barn, so he didn’t see why he should take it to the shop when the tire still held air.

With the tire full, he turned the truck around and drove home. On his way home through Ordon Village he pulled into Rusl’s driveway to go over his trip to Castle Town tomorrow. Rusl showed him the sword and shield he was taking to the royal family as was tradition, and they spent a few minutes going over where to park, proper etiquette and the like. Finally Link said “Alright, I gotta be going if I want to get an early start tomorrow.” Rusl nodded and they both walked outside.

The first thing Link saw made his heart sink. The tire was already flat. The second thing he saw made it sink even lower. Ilia was looking at the tire. She heard the two men walk outside and stood up, her grease-streaked face stony.

“Link, how long has this tire been like this?” she fumed.

“I, ah, a couple days?” Link stammered.

Ilia curled her fists. “A FEW DAYS???? You can’t do that! What were you doing, just refilling it before you went anywhere?” Link nodded sheepishly. “Yeah…” Ilia exploded again. “That’s not safe!!! Are you trying to die in a crash? Give me the keys. Now.” She held out her hands and Link dug in his pockets. He produced the keys and dropped them in her hands. “Alright, I’m gonna put new tires on this and you’re going to pay for it.” said Ilia matter-of-factly.

Link nearly panicked. “Um, how soon can you get this done? I need to go to Castle Town early tomorrow.” Ilia sighed. “Of course you do. I’m glad I noticed this when I did. I can get it done tonight, but it’ll cost you extra.”

“Whatever, just please have it ready,” he replied. “Do you want help with the spare?” he offered as Ilia moved to get the jack out of the truck’s bed. She shook her head. “I’ve been changing tires since I was 8 years old, I think I got it.”

Rusl had watched this exchange with silent amusement and finally spoke up. “Link, I can drive you home if you like,” he offered. Link declined and set off towards home. He walked up his gravel driveway and into his house, which had been where his parents lived and worked as used car dealers before a band of thieves had stolen every car in the lot and killed his parents one night. Link had only been spared because he was a baby at the time and the thieves had overlooked him. They had also left one pickup truck because it was significantly older than the rest, but they did heavily vandalize it. That was the truck that Link had begun to drive as soon as he was old enough, because despite its age, many flaws and ugly appearance, it was a reminder of his parents.

He went to sleep that night knowing that Ilia was good as her word and she would have new tires on his truck, but that they would indeed run him a steep price, especially seeing she’d have to have a late night to have the truck ready by tomorrow morning. He thought about the trip to Castle Town, one he’d made before with Rusl but now he’d be making on his own. His last thought was an impression of being watched by an otherworldly being, but before this could properly manifest as fear, he fell asleep.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
10 days later...

Twilight Princess chapter 2:
Link woke up the next morning and stared at the ceiling for a second before remembering: Today was the day he was supposed to go to Castle Town! And Ilia still had the truck! He jumped out of bed, dressed, ate a hurried breakfast and ran outside to Ilia’s shop. It had been her father’s shop, and she had helped, but the villagers chose him to be the next mayor of Ordon after the last one ran away with his mistress, one of the palace ladies; they had decided to choose someone who had the best interests of the village at heart.

Link walked into the shop to see Ilia had been waiting for him. “I-I washed and waxed it for you also, Link,” she said. Link could tell she had been up most if not all of the night, and that she was sorry for her outburst.

“Did you really lose a night’s sleep just for my old truck?” he asked unbelievingly. Ilia looked down. “Well, it’s more about you-- because you’re representing Ordon and I want you to give a good impression,” she said softly. Link nodded. “Do you have the keys?” he asked, eager to get going. “Yeah, they’re here in my pocket,” Ilia replied, reaching into a pouch hanging from her belt.

Just as she did, there was a crash from behind Link. He turned around, startled to see a giant monstrous boar with two Bokoblin on its back. He stumbled backwards as it ran into the garage, running between Link and Ilia. One of the Bokoblin shot an arrow at Ilia and she slumped to the ground. Link ran to pick her up but a third one holding a club had walked into the shop and slammed Link in the back of the head, knocking him out.

After Link fell, another giant boar came in with the King Bokoblin on its back. He grunted and motioned to his servants, who threw Ilia in the bed of the pickup and then tied the front bumper of the truck to one of their mounts and they all ran out of the garage. The Bokoblins met up with more Boko who had captured the other children, Talo, Malo, Beth and Colin, in the middle of Ordon. They threw the children into the cab of the pickup, then the King Boko then blew on a horn he had and shouted “Let this be a warning to all who oppose the almighty Zant!” before running out of the village, Link’s pickup in tow.

These are kinda short, just touching on the plot points that I thought were funniest/most interestingly affected by this concept. Only got one more installment in TP before going to my OoT concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom