• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda with Attitude

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Okay, so for those of you who have played Spirit Tracks, you know how you can hit Phantom Zelda with any of your weapons, right? (Boomerang, bow, bow of light, possibly bombs, whip) and she gets mad at you and shouts that it hurts when you hit her? Well I was bored during my play of the 3 Heart Challenge for ST, so I just kept hitting her. Over and over and over again. I know I'm a meanie butt, but listen to what happened! After a while she asked why I was being so pushy, so I hit her again. She said "..." then I hit her a final time and she shouts: "NOW I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MAKE ME MAD!" and the screen flashes red and the music plays meaning a phantom saw you and is going to kill you, and she starts CHASING ME!!!!! Zelda was trying to kill me!!!!!!! There were no safe zones (like that would've worked anyway,) so I just ran for the stairs, and when I reached them Zelda called, "Wait for me!" and then Phantom Zelda is walking up the stairs with me all normal again!!!!!!!!

It was really scary, almost as if the evil from the Demon King had gotten to her or something... I don't recommend you try it, but do it if you wish. Just have a safe zone or stairs ready once she starts trying to murder you. After that, you can post and I'll reply: You shouldn't have done that...:D

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It reminds me of what happens with cuccos if you hit them too many times.

I don't think evil possessing her has much to do with why she attacks. I'm just saying, if a farm bird can get angry enough at being hurt to want revenge and attack the one who hurt it... how much more would a spectral princess who is used to being respected?

I personally think that if you attack her a few times on accident, that's one thing, Buf if you do it several times on purpose, you're basically betraying her trust, and sort of deserve for her to try and kill you.

The same thing usually happens in most games where you can damage your party members. There was a shooter game where I had an A.I. controlled teammate, and if you hit them more than once or twice (very easy to do because they get in the way), they would attack and kill you.

I personally think, though, that since she was in Phantom form, it's possible that Link's meanness just weakened her spirit a little, and allowed the Phantom's instincts to kick in, which is why she says it in all caps. It could simply be the Phantom's spirit temporarily reasserting itself. Which is why it wears off after you go to a safe zone or try to go up the stairs... that brings the Phantom out of "berserker" mode, and allows Zelda to regain control.

I don't think the Phantom really takes over or affects Zelda, so much as it takes over its own body. After all, Zelda doesn't complain if you kill a phantom while she's possessing it.

wow, zelda trying to kill you... i gotta try that sometime! i knew zelda was a little snarky in that game, but you'd never expect her to try and KILL link. maybe zelda should go into a little anger management...

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
The Zelda in St reminds me a lot like Tetra. She's a pirate and even she didn't try to kill Link! Runs in the family(and apparently gets worse) I guess =P

arkvoodle

Diabolical
That's odd. D:

Normally, I only get to the point where she smacks you with the Phantom sword, saying "Stop that right now". I've never reached the psychopath like attitude.

How much damge does she deal when in this state?

Athenian200 said:
I personally think, though, that since she was in Phantom form, it's possible that Link's meanness just weakened her spirit a little, and allowed the Phantom's instincts to kick in, which is why she says it in all caps. It could simply be the Phantom's spirit temporarily reasserting itself. Which is why it wears off after you go to a safe zone or try to go up the stairs... that brings the Phantom out of "berserker" mode, and allows Zelda to regain control.

This seems like the most logical explanation (Logical in video game terms, at least). The phantom has to have some influence over its actions, after all, Zelda has only temporarily posessed it.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
...I actually knew about this a while ago, I just forgot all about it. I remember when I first did it though. "Oh ***********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!* (as I run away)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
SEE! To arkvoodle: I never had her just attack me with one slash, but I just was really bored because I had no idea what to do and she attacked me! She didn't actually hit me though because I instinctively ran away when the room flashed red, but I would assume that she kills you. Maybe you can do that to make a Warp Phantom come to track you down... Hm... Now I want to try to kill Zelda again...

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
SEE! To arkvoodle: I never had her just attack me with one slash, but I just was really bored because I had no idea what to do and she attacked me! She didn't actually hit me though because I instinctively ran away when the room flashed red, but I would assume that she kills you. Maybe you can do that to make a Warp Phantom come to track you down... Hm... Now I want to try to kill Zelda again...

To quote you: "I don't recommend you try it, but do it if you wish. Just have a safe zone or stairs ready once she starts trying to murder you. After that, you can post and I'll reply: You shouldn't have done that... " Remember kids, don't hit princesses!

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I can't recall if safe zones can protect you in the event Zelda loses it (Remember, it wouldn't be the first time in the game (When Zelda gets all up in Link's face and demands him to get her body back, while acting like a person who should be locked up in an asylum in the process) that Zelda has cracked.), but I know stair cases or simply letting her hit you will let her chill.

I think if she hits you, it's the same damage as the phantom she possessed, but I can't remember if it involves the "get hit by a phantom" sequence where you see Link fall to the floor, the little theme come on, then you reset the room. (Or am I thinking of Phantom Hourglass? I haven't played both in a while.)

Hazel

A Frog
I've done that a few times, because I was stuck... :3 I accidently whipped her, and she sort of squirmed, and it looked really funny so I did it again, and again... You know the rest.
I tried a safe zone but that didn't work, and I hadn't thought of staircases, so I just let her hit me. It took off half a heart.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
You see, I didn't have a safe zone, so I just needed to use the stairs. Plus I was taking a risk because if I couldn't go up the stairs I'd be stuck in a corner where she could attack me.

M

metaknight

I have never seen that happen before. But then again, if you we're getting hit by a whip, I think anyone might have gone beserk.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, that is kind of sweet and funny if you look at it in my way, but then not good. It reminds me of Link and Zelda being small, they probably chased each other around and stuff, laughing and playing. But, if he were to hit here with a boomerang or something, she would get upset and hit back gently at first then getting harder as he increased her anger. So, really she is only giving back what he dished out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom