• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda WiiU

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Earlier today at the first Zelda symphony concert, Miyamoto stated that he would be more involved with the Zelda game for WiiU this has me very excited! Today marks the first day of the wait for ZeldaWiiU in my opinion, I expect a new game in 3 years... Oh god!

Ugh, Skyward Sword isn't even out yet and they've already got us waiting for another one ?! Ah, such is the life of a Zelda fan . . .

W

Well Excuse Me

I say take this one step at a time. Starting anticipation this early could only lead to disapointment. That said, I'm sure the game will be quite fun.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I totally agree with the others, let's enjoy Skyward Sword's release and we'll see what the future with the Wii U brings.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Earlier today at the first Zelda symphony concert, Miyamoto stated that he would be more involved with the Zelda game for WiiU this has me very excited! Today marks the first day of the wait for ZeldaWiiU in my opinion, I expect a new game in 3 years... Oh god!

Oh dear I'm going to have a heart attack from all this prolonged excitement and I really hope I don't have one before any zelda games are released. Although I imagine WiiU zelda will be at the back of my mind when I actually get my hands on SS. After I have played through that multiple times then I might be ready to have something else to look forward to.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, it's gonna be weird for Zelda now, because Miyamoto said that he couldn't see a Zelda game with the traditional controls, so how will they manipulate the WiiU?
Anyways, I'm looking forward to it, although 3 years might be too early. I don't care how long (as long as it's within the decade), I just hope that they do it right. I don't want the game rushed or anything, so I wouldn't want a Zelda launch title (unless they're working on it as we speak, and took the time with it).

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Well, it's gonna be weird for Zelda now, because Miyamoto said that he couldn't see a Zelda game with the traditional controls, so how will they manipulate the WiiU?
Anyways, I'm looking forward to it, although 3 years might be too early. I don't care how long (as long as it's within the decade), I just hope that they do it right. I don't want the game rushed or anything, so I wouldn't want a Zelda launch title (unless they're working on it as we speak, and took the time with it).

The Wii U only uses one of the tablet controllers, the rest of the controllers used are standard Wii controllers (or maybe just the ones with the motion +). So maybe they would use the tablet controller as a hud and inventory (like the DS touch screen) then use the Wii Remote w/ motion + for the rest of the swordplay and other controls

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'd personally wait until January to start talking about this, but whatever.

The last thing I want to see happen to the control style of console Zelda is for the Wii Motion Plus to be taken out. It would just be pointless to put that graceful thing into the series just to take it out with the next title. This is (one of the reasons) why I'd like to see the WiiU controller strapped to our forearms and used as a 1:1 shield. Think about it. The enemies in Skyward Sword still have generic attacks. With this, they could actually have angled attacks for us to block, making the combat truly 1:1. Some people say, "Oh, that's way too much. That's just overkill." But I bet 10 years ago people would have said the same thing about the Wii Motion Plus (with pretty much everything.) I personally think it would only add to the Zelda experience and complete what the Wii Motion Plus has brought to Zelda.

The Wii U only uses one of the tablet controllers, the rest of the controllers used are standard Wii controllers (or maybe just the ones with the motion +). So maybe they would use the tablet controller as a hud and inventory (like the DS touch screen) then use the Wii Remote w/ motion + for the rest of the swordplay and other controls

Do you realize how hard it would be to use the WiiU controller like the DS was? That thing is huge. The screen alone is 6.2 inches. The whole thing is probably 7. Holding that in one hand and swiping it with a stylus would be very frustrating to do. If Nintendo were to do that, it'd be the worst mistake they could make with Zelda (besides Link talking). Besides, so many people already have complained about the DS's controls. How much more do you think they'd complain if it were implemented in a console Zelda?

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Do you realize how hard it would be to use the WiiU controller like the DS was? That thing is huge. The screen alone is 6.2 inches. The whole thing is probably 7. Holding that in one hand and swiping it with a stylus would be very frustrating to do. If Nintendo were to do that, it'd be the worst mistake they could make with Zelda (besides Link talking). Besides, so many people already have complained about the DS's controls. How much more do you think they'd complain if it were implemented in a console Zelda?

Here's what I meant: maybe, place the tablet on a table or something (if you don't have a coffee table, put it where your tv is on) and use the Wiimote + for all controls, except for inventory. To easily switch weapons without having to pause the game, you can just press the item on the tablet controller (remember the E3 Wii U trailer, right? the one with the grid with a whole lot of TP items). Personally, I loved how TP handled inventory. You can hold 4 items and switch to any item at any time. I hope SS's inventory system isn't gonna be a pain (since you can only have one item handy at a time, you need to switch using the menu every single time)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Here's what I meant: maybe, place the tablet on a table or something (if you don't have a coffee table, put it where your tv is on) and use the Wiimote + for all controls, except for inventory. To easily switch weapons without having to pause the game, you can just press the item on the tablet controller (remember the E3 Wii U trailer, right? the one with the grid with a whole lot of TP items). Personally, I loved how TP handled inventory. You can hold 4 items and switch to any item at any time. I hope SS's inventory system isn't gonna be a pain (since you can only have one item handy at a time, you need to switch using the menu every single time)

Oh, I see. But...wouldn't that be kind of lame to have to pause the game and go to the WiiU controller?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
To those who say it is too early to start anticipating...

If I could, I would, but I can't, so I shan't...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd personally wait until January to start talking about this, but whatever.

The last thing I want to see happen to the control style of console Zelda is for the Wii Motion Plus to be taken out. It would just be pointless to put that graceful thing into the series just to take it out with the next title. This is (one of the reasons) why I'd like to see the WiiU controller strapped to our forearms and used as a 1:1 shield. Think about it. The enemies in Skyward Sword still have generic attacks. With this, they could actually have angled attacks for us to block, making the combat truly 1:1. Some people say, "Oh, that's way too much. That's just overkill." But I bet 10 years ago people would have said the same thing about the Wii Motion Plus (with pretty much everything.) I personally think it would only add to the Zelda experience and complete what the Wii Motion Plus has brought to Zelda.

Yes totally agree with you there about the motion plus. It will be a shame if it is only used once in a zelda title if it is really fun. Although I think they might take it out anyway. The reason being, I reckon that they will be dying to try something out with the wii u pad for the next title. I don't think I'd like to strap a wiiu pad onto my arm as a shield though whilst using a wiimote to slash, and nunchuck to move. It seems quite unnecessary and a big hassle. You would have to adjust the strap to the size of your forearm to get it to stay on, it could rotate around your arm whilst moving if it's not tight enough and cut off your circulation if it is too tight. Can you imagine a small child with a Giant controller strapped onto its arm which is as big as 7 wiimotes lined up next to each other.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Yes totally agree with you there about the motion plus. It will be a shame if it is only used once in a zelda title if it is really fun. Although I think they might take it out anyway. The reason being, I reckon that they will be dying to try something out with the wii u pad for the next title. I don't think I'd like to strap a wiiu pad onto my arm as a shield though whilst using a wiimote to slash, and nunchuck to move. It seems quite unnecessary and a big hassle. You would have to adjust the strap to the size of your forearm to get it to stay on, it could rotate around your arm whilst moving if it's not tight enough and cut off your circulation if it is too tight. Can you imagine a small child with a Giant controller strapped onto its arm which is as big as 7 wiimotes lined up next to each other.

I know there's a slight downside to it, but I still like what it would do for the controls.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
There is still the fact that not everyone who will have a WiiU will have a Wiimote+, so unless they package one with either the game or the console itself, Nintendo can't really do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom