• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda WiiU

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would hate for the game to keep the precision aspect. Sure enough, it makes the game harder in a sense, but also more drawn out. Oh, me being so freaking bent on OoT, I want its gameplay back. Zelda has been like that forever, don't see why, with the advent of SS, that the entire series needs to be flipped upside down. Of course, the WiiU is seemingly onpar with that of the PS3 and 360. Two control styles, and therefore two separate quests, could infact be made. They may have to be ridiculously short, but it could happen.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I would hate for the game to keep the precision aspect. Sure enough, it makes the game harder in a sense, but also more drawn out. Oh, me being so freaking bent on OoT, I want its gameplay back. Zelda has been like that forever, don't see why, with the advent of SS, that the entire series needs to be flipped upside down. Of course, the WiiU is seemingly onpar with that of the PS3 and 360. Two control styles, and therefore two separate quests, could infact be made. They may have to be ridiculously short, but it could happen.

I'm thinking you haven't used the Wii Motion Plus like it is in Skyward Sword. The Wii Motion Plus only adds to the gameplay experience. It's beyond fun to use and enhances the combat in more ways than difficulty. We have to use our minds to defeat the enemies, whereas before it was just mindless hack and slash. Motion Plus is one of the best things to happen to gaming in general. You'll see why when you use it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You're thinking incorrectly. But it doesn't matter. As I said, it requires you to think, but it also is just ways to force length onto the game; artificial length. WM+ isn't that spectacular, and you certainly don't need it to make the game difficulty or require the player to think. Go play any ol' RPG, you'll be thinking a lot. Want fun? Shoot em ups are an option.

But as I say this, it is important to note that others WILL indulge in the WM+, which is perfectly acceptable. I personally hate the WM+ because it is a needless way of adding length to a game, but others will in fact enjoy it, no doubt. It isn't required to add the idea of precision to a game, really it isn't.

Bottom line of what I'm trying to say:WM+ isn't required at all, it just makes the game artifically longer by forcing us to think to defeat even the most trivial of enemies. While fun seeming at first, when you do multiple playthroughs of a game you'll start to get annoyed that you HAVE TO LAND THAT EXACT HIT just to deal damage. That's part of while I'm hoping the sword upgrades will add force in addition to heightened damage in Skyward Sword.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
You're thinking incorrectly. But it doesn't matter. As I said, it requires you to think, but it also is just ways to force length onto the game; artificial length.

You make it sound like Nintendo put it in there just to make the game longer. That's nowhere near true. The length just comes along with it as a side-effect (and really doesn't add much more time to the game).

WM+ isn't that spectacular, and you certainly don't need it to make the game difficulty or require the player to think. Go play any ol' RPG, you'll be thinking a lot. Want fun? Shoot em ups are an option.

Well, to each his own, but I've only seen one complaint about it from people that have played parts of Skyward Sword, and that was IrateGamer, who obviously was a babbling idiot begging for attention.

But as I say this, it is important to note that others WILL indulge in the WM+, which is perfectly acceptable. I personally hate the WM+ because it is a needless way of adding length to a game, but others will in fact enjoy it, no doubt. It isn't required to add the idea of precision to a game, really it isn't.

It's not the idea of precision. It's that it immerses us into the combat.

Bottom line of what I'm trying to say:WM+ isn't required at all, it just makes the game artifically longer by forcing us to think to defeat even the most trivial of enemies. While fun seeming at first, when you do multiple playthroughs of a game you'll start to get annoyed that you HAVE TO LAND THAT EXACT HIT just to deal damage. That's part of while I'm hoping the sword upgrades will add force in addition to heightened damage in Skyward Sword.

It's really not that difficult to hit the exact spot. You're acting like it's near impossible. That's not the case at all. From the way you've described the Wii Motion Plus, it sounds like you've only used it in Wii Sports Resort and are speaking from the outside looking in on its true potential. If that's not the case, let me know. But if you haven't played Red Steel 2 (the only game thus far that has truly utilized the Wii Motion Plus), you really should. It should give you a different opinion on the subject.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No, I clearly said that if you are running through multiple playthroughs, the entire idea of having to hit this and that spot will wear on your mind, making playthroughs seem impossible. It isn't that hard, sure, but harder than hacking and slashing. But as I said, others will enjoy it no doubt so complaining doesn't get me any advancements.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
No, I clearly said that if you are running through multiple playthroughs, the entire idea of having to hit this and that spot will wear on your mind, making playthroughs seem impossible. It isn't that hard, sure, but harder than hacking and slashing. But as I said, others will enjoy it no doubt so complaining doesn't get me any advancements.

Fighting enemies even with hack-and-slash gets old. Surely you realize that. And fighting the enemies with Wii Motion Plus in Red Steel 2 has never stopped me from playing it through numerous times.

geek4887

The Unknown
Wow, there's a bunch of arguments already about a game that's not even confirmed yet. Anyways, I agree with the most that taking out the WM+ would be a disaster. Even Miyamoto agrees with that fact, so why tamper with it? Pressing a single button to hack and slash through opponents could get boring, and the WM+ would solve that. Now the WiiU tablet could be used in so many ways. I always thought that it could be like the items menu and stuff, but it's still too hard to tell right now.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Look:

tablet controlled inventory.
Zelda-WIi-U.jpg

I really want them to keep the 1:1 swordplay aspect of it :) Also, I don't want them to use the tablet controller like they did with the DS titles, just make them for weapons, inventory, etc.

EDIT - what's that book at the bottom centre? Looks like shad's...

I think a new Zelda game in three years would be overwhelming for me. It took me a while to get geared up for Ss. I would love a new game after Ss but not so quickly in time. Also the Wii U has not even come out yet.. I speculate we will get that new Zelda Wii U game in 2015 or even 16. By then people will have saved up for that new console. If any of you are expecting another game of Zelda to come out after Ss. I am pretty sure it will be a 3Ds game. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom