• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U- Why Would It Have "stolen the Show" at E3?

I do have to agree with Yeti on this one. Actually, call me an uneducated rube, but I'm not sure why showing Zelda Wii U at E3 would have been a bad thing for the other Nintendo games at all. I'm not going to spontaneously forget Nintendo's remaking The Wind Waker or releasing Mario Kart 8. I'm excited for those, too. Seeing Zelda Wii U probably would have, as Yeti put it, given me a fever pitch (in a good way) while keeping me excited for the other stuff coming as well. Perhaps Nintendo's intention was to wait for the adrenaline to die down some, then suddenly reignite it with an announcement later, but I still don't see why the passion can't be maintained with steady communication to the fans and general game releases. Then again, I'm not an expert on video game marketing, so put me in charge of Nintendo's advertising and I'd probably be singlehandedly responsible for its ruin within five months.

Anyway, Zelda is Nintendo's ultimate trump card. Mario is good, but kind of dime-a-dozen. Metroid and Star Fox are borderline fringe franchises (though I maintain they shouldn't be), and Pokemon is released too fast with too little change to typically induce the "fever pitch." A solid Zelda Wii U video, picture, or other reveal, on the other hand, could send fans reeling. They'd still have to wait for the actual game to come out, but I imagine they'd have garnered even more praise and support at E3 from such a reveal. I'm not saying they absolutely should have done it, but I can't help but think it would have been a good move.

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
Zelda Wii u is probably one of the most anticipated games Nintendo has ever made. And the Zelda games they were showing off at E3 were both essentially remakes. Personally, if they had shown Zelda U at E3 i would not even think of buying WWHD or ALBW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom