• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U- Why Would It Have "stolen the Show" at E3?

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
In a recent interview, Miyamoto said they would've shown a glimpse of Zelda Wii U, but didn't out of fear of it taking away from the other Nintendo games. Why do you think Nintendo thought Zelda Wii U was/is going to be such a big hit?

Big Octo

=^)
It's because Nintendo has done well to generate massive amounts of hype, and that they're confident in the last few months of work in the game. Either way, they know we'll all be extatic. However, they did show SSB4, and everybody was anticipating that as well. Also, the game looks great. I'm sure if they did show it off, there would be a nice bwkance between it and SSB4.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They said it will be the perfect Zelda for Wii U. Any new 3D Zelda would steal a show but, this one is going to be extra special.

Mario may be ninty's mascot but Zelda is Ninty's event series. the release of a home console Zelda game is an event, OoT saw to it that the coming of a new home console game would mean something special. Mostyl that has been true but with nintendo having to make a sequel to a 3DS game as a 'new' 3d mario game on wiiU look like a good idea and having Wind Waker HD to show off, a new Zelda game would have taken the hype away from everything else, thus game soon available would have been ignored and forgot about. When it comes to Mario V Zelda in popularity Zelda wins out.

I think a lot of people are waiting to see if ZeldaU looks worth buying before buying a wiiU at all.

If it were announced, that would be a lot of Link in your face all at once (not that that's bad XD). We already got TWW HD and A Link Between Worlds at the same time, plus SSB4 with yet more Link ;)

There's already so much hype over what's being released right now, Nintendo is sitting back and letting it all be gobbled up before they put more on the plate. And, because it's a huge, 3D, HD, highly anticipated Zelda, that's one big bite. They seem very confident that these can carry the Wii U until then.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I have no idea...Zelda isn't that popular. Pokemon and Mario easily have much more popularity.

Nintendo's being stupid again. With Sony and Microsoft making big waves with their new consoles, Nintendo needed to steal the show in order to sell the Wii U as a meaningful alternative to gamers. Holding back its top gun, something they could have shown but didn't, wasn't a good move, especially since there really weren't many new games for it to take attention away from.

it would divert eyes and minds from WindWaker HD especially.

I understand this point of view, but I'm not in the mood to give Nintendo an excuse. They could have easily kept attention on Wind Waker HD by announcing new content for the game instead of relying on updated visuals and minor tidbits like the faster sailing and Tingle Bottle. If you want people to be exited for a remake, you need to promise them that it won't just be the same game with a new coat of paint.

Last edited:
Nintendo's being stupid again. With Sony and Microsoft making big waves with their new consoles, Nintendo needed to steal the show in order to sell the Wii U as a meaningful alternative to gamers. Holding back its top gun, something they could have shown but didn't, wasn't a good move, especially since there really weren't many new games for it to take attention away from.

But Nintendo was already overshadowed by two new console showcases. That's why it decided to go with a Nintendo Direct, rather than a traditional press conference. Holding back on Zelda Wii U was a wise idea because all three gaming giants will be on the same turf next year-focusing on software for their new platforms.

But Nintendo was already overshadowed by two new console showcases. That's why it decided to go with a Nintendo Direct, rather than a traditional press conference. Holding back on Zelda Wii U was a wise idea because all three gaming giants will be on the same turf next year-focusing on software for their new platforms.

But Nintendo needs to focus on software now. The Wii U has been out for over half a year, and is selling at a snails pace. Iwata himself has blamed this on the lack of top-notch titles for the system. Right now the Wii U is the only next generation system on the market. They should be trying to sell hardware now, instead of waiting for their competition to catch up to them.

Personally, I think Nintendo did a decent job at this E3, considering the circumstances. They announced several new games in popular series, such as Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Country and Mario Kart, which should go a long ways towards getting people excited for the Wii U. However, they could have brought this excitement to a fever pitch by showing off a new Zelda game, even if it was just a quick glimpse of the game or a few pieces of concept art.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
However, they could have brought this excitement to a fever pitch by showing off a new Zelda game, even if it was just a quick glimpse of the game or a few pieces of concept art.
No, I think this would be an excitement at Zelda U, not the Wii U. This is because people would purchase the Wii U then lament their choice because the Wii U wouldn't have many games...and what games it EVENTUALLY would obtain would not be Zelda U. Nam sayin ya dig?

No, I think this would be an excitement at Zelda U, not the Wii U. This is because people would purchase the Wii U then lament their choice because the Wii U wouldn't have many games...and what games it EVENTUALLY would obtain would not be Zelda U. Nam sayin ya dig?

Excitement for Zelda U is pretty much the same thing as excitement for the Wii U. What console isn't driven by excitement over its games? I fail to see how anyone would regret buying the Wii U due to lack of games after the plethora of them on display at E3. At the very least they could look forward to a second Zelda game appearing on the system sometime in the future, most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom