• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Rumors

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Alright!
We finally have a "leak".
It's a GameFAQ's leak, with no picture or video, and only text, and is probably fake. But it will be interesting to talk about as a "what if" scenario, and the "leaker" is very specific, so it will be fun to talk about it, and easily proven false come E3
Leaker said:
Here are some interesting details pertaining to Zelda Wii U at this year’s E3. No, I will not name the source or how I obtain the information, nor will I provide any hints. No I have not seen any of this first hand. Yes that’s sketchy; any hate is understandable and welcomed. Sorry for the length as well.

Anyways, despite the earlier tweets from Nintendo, the game will have an E3 presence. Not sure if this was planned all along or if it was just a misinterpretation from the beginning. The game and details pertaining to it will be showcased in a roundtable discussion sometime shortly after their E3 direct. What will be shown is pretty limited and there will be no official trailer per say. There is however going to be scenes that will be shown and discussed throughout the presentation, and these scenes will be stacked together in a trailer-like way and released sometime shortly after the conference. There will also be some official art. Seems Nintendo wants to build hype for the Wii U’s future, yet desire Zelda to be sort of sideline for now to some of the other games that will be shown at E3.

Details: The italic texts are not quotes, they are of my own wording.

The game takes inspiration from A Link Between Worlds in that the player will have options as to where they want to go, and in what order they wish to complete dungeons. However, unlike ALBW the game will be split up into segments. This apparently allows them to have better control in regards to story, difficulty, content, world building, and much more.

I don’t know what this means exactly, but I have my own interpretation: Imagine that the world map is split into 3 huge sections. Each section would have multiple environments, towns, sidequests, and say 3 dungeons. You will be free to play and explore this section any way you like before you obtain an item or whatever that allows you to enter into a new section of the map…and Repeat. Sounds pretty cool to me.

Here are some interesting details pertaining to Zelda Wii U at this year’s E3. No, I will not name the source or how I obtain the information, nor will I provide any hints. No I have not seen any of this first hand. Yes that’s sketchy; any hate is understandable and welcomed. Sorry for the length as well.

Anyways, despite the earlier tweets from Nintendo, the game will have an E3 presence. Not sure if this was planned all along or if it was just a misinterpretation from the beginning. The game and details pertaining to it will be showcased in a roundtable discussion sometime shortly after their E3 direct. What will be shown is pretty limited and there will be no official trailer per say. There is however going to be scenes that will be shown and discussed throughout the presentation, and these scenes will be stacked together in a trailer-like way and released sometime shortly after the conference. There will also be some official art. Seems Nintendo wants to build hype for the Wii U’s future, yet desire Zelda to be sort of sideline for now to some of the other games that will be shown at E3.

Details: The italic texts are not quotes, they are of my own wording.

The game takes inspiration from A Link Between Worlds in that the player will have options as to where they want to go, and in what order they wish to complete dungeons. However, unlike ALBW the game will be split up into segments. This apparently allows them to have better control in regards to story, difficulty, content, world building, and much more.

I don’t know what this means exactly, but I have my own interpretation: Imagine that the world map is split into 3 huge sections. Each section would have multiple environments, towns, sidequests, and say 3 dungeons. You will be free to play and explore this section any way you like before you obtain an item or whatever that allows you to enter into a new section of the map…and Repeat. Sounds pretty cool to me.

The world is huge and your horse will have an important role throughout the game. Another form of transportation will be present as well that will allow for quicker travel, as they desire to implement many of the open world qualities of the Wind Waker while avoiding some of the criticism many had towards repetitious travel. They want travel to always be fresh.

The high viewpoint seen in the recent gameplay trailer with Aonuma and Miyamoto is actually located just outside Link’s home community. This area is the beginning of the game. In this area you will be introduced to Sky Lanterns (Google it). These are important for this community and world, as they have symbolic meaning towards communicating with the gods and so forth. They are also pretty fun as they are beautiful and allow for messages to travel to distant lands. The game begins on a very specific and special day where upon nighttime, many of these lanterns are to be released all across the land.

These sky lanterns play an important role in the game and function as the game’s Miiverse-function (not sure if that’s the right wording). Basically, think Wind Waker bottles. You will be able to release these into the air and they can appear randomly in other people’s game, where they can then be shot down and collected. A player can fill them with personal messages as well as an assortment of items. Examples shown are hearts and rupees. You can see these lanterns floating as you are traveling. During the day they will be visible in the sky and will cast a shadow, much like balloon-presents in Animal Crossing. At night they will be very easy to spot, as they appear as little fireballs in the sky. There are multiple lantern designs, very colorful.

They will show multiple lanterns being shot down. They explode when shot, casting loot in a similar fashion to the item orbs in Wind Waker. The highest amount of rupees that can be placed in each lantern is 20. So it's possible to see a shiny red rupee pop out.

Rupees will have a much more important role in the game, and will be much more desirable as to help enforce exploration. As you reach new regions of the game you will find more purchasables that will be of higher prices. So be careful with how you spend your money.

While traveling the world you will find a specific assortment of special NPCs throughout the lands. There are a certain number of these traveling NPCs and they appear at random times in random areas. So there will not be a specific time or place to find one of these NPCs. These characters include merchants and more. Nintendo compares these NPCs to character from the Animal Crossing series. There are also different animals, enemies, and more that will function in the same way.

That's pretty much the highlight of what will be discussed and showcased. Apparently the game's title will not be released. They will ask to stay tune for more info that they are excited to share in the near future...yep.

This all sounds pretty cool to me. I wouldn't mind this one bit. Though it's likely false, I feel that some of these ideas can come to fruition and these are very educated guesses. The Lantern and NPC ideas sound hella cool though.
Source:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/71882413

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's a pretty generic rumour that anyone could make up. It goes off information that we already either know or expect. Those are the rumours that mostly come off as false to me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Alright!
We finally have a "leak".
It's a GameFAQ's leak, with no picture or video, and only text, and is probably fake. But it will be interesting to talk about as a "what if" scenario, and the "leaker" is very specific, so it will be fun to talk about it, and easily proven false come E3

This all sounds pretty cool to me. I wouldn't mind this one bit. Though it's likely false, I feel that some of these ideas can come to fruition and these are very educated guesses. The Lantern and NPC ideas sound hella cool though.
Source:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/71882413

That's true, my uncle who works for Nintendo said so.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
It's a pretty generic rumour that anyone could make up. It goes off information that we already either know or expect. Those are the rumours that mostly come off as false to me.
There is almost no doubt that this is false. There is very little chance that it is true, but with things like these, for sake of discussion, we should approach these as fan theories. Even so, we can approach this as a "what if" scenario. So yeah, that's that. Furthermore, we could be pleasantly surprised as well. For example, the Gematsu leak(during E3, I'm not referencing anything after that) was regarded as fake, but as we found out, Villager, Megaman, and Wii Fit Trainer we released and Gematsu was 100% correct.
I still believe it is fake however.
That's true, my uncle who works for Nintendo said so.
My Uncle's Sister's Cousin twice removed works at Nintendo and says that Link is being replaced by playable tofu and Ganondorf will be a bunny.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
There is almost no doubt that this is false. There is very little chance that it is true, but with things like these, for sake of discussion, we should approach these as fan theories. Even so, we can approach this as a "what if" scenario. So yeah, that's that. Furthermore, we could be pleasantly surprised as well. For example, the Gematsu leak(during E3, I'm not referencing anything after that) was regarded as fake, but as we found out, Villager, Megaman, and Wii Fit Trainer we released and Gematsu was 100% correct.
I still believe it is fake however.
I don't really get too involved in fan theories. I don't mind pre-game speculation from actual sources, but there's too many fake rumours out there that are all generic as the next one.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I don't think there are going to be many rumors for awhile. I will say this, I'm hearing fan rumors that we might see a trailer prior to E3 or even during it ( although seeing as how Nintendo has confirmed Zelda U will not be shown at E3 I fail to see how that rumor has gotten around).

I don't think there are going to be many rumors for awhile. I will say this, I'm hearing fan rumors that we might see a trailer prior to E3 or even during it ( although seeing as how Nintendo has confirmed Zelda U will not be shown at E3 I fail to see how that rumor has gotten around).

Well, it is probable for a company to change their mind. But you're right, there really aren't many rumors.

I did some searching around, and I haven't seen any consistency in any E3 leaks at all, save for the "leaks" seem to be avoiding the subject of Zelda. They all mention Mario Maker and Xenoblade, and if all are to be believed, there's about a million amiibos and Smash Bros. DLC characters coming out. The problem with these is they're parroting what we already know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom