• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Rumors

I have the feeling most this new rumours in bullets were said about Twilight Princess before I came out. Other seem just a natural expectation from the franchise. It still interesting.
The one that teased me the most was the character that would come back in a different role until someone mentioned Dark Link... that brought me back to TP once again.

It is fun to read the rumours, because sometimes the most wacky sounding ideas are the ones that end up being truth, hahah.

I also saw on youtube that their coming out with wii u majoras mask it looks awesome here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqdwT2pKYzY

:)
I like that video a lot, but it is fan done and not released by Nintendo. :(

My face when I found out that Link will indeed use a shield in the next game. I am now more excited than ever before, but I am trying to contain myself, so as not to disappoint myself in the long run...

M

moBliNkeBab

Well, if it has the biggest development
Team jet (as it should have), I have
no doubt it will be the best. As for
a forest the sice of oot hyrule field-
OMG. seriously, that field took so
long to roll through, it felt like hours.
Now picture this, with more trees,
NO fences, and full of enemies,
and HD. I hope that it'll be realistic,
but last time we got a realistic zelda
video at the start of a new console,
we got wind waker.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Tatl Tael Link

Hero of Hyrule
I'm really excited for this game! My family and I are big Zelda fans and have been kind of disappointed in the last couple of games. Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks were far too short. My dad was disappointed in how quickly he'd beaten them. He hasn't even been able to get off Skyloft in SS though. I, personally, haven't finished any of them, because I've just gotten busy, what with going off to College and all. But I'll probably bring the DS ones to school and work them out in my spare time. I plan to one day sit down and play all of the games in Timeline order. Regardless, I'm excited for a long, well-thought out game.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Posting this obviously fake rumor from 2ch that I found on Gamefaq, it's fake because it's 2ch, and it sounds way too good to be true for a lot of them.

> Zelda Wii U planned to be announced at E3 2014.

Information has surfaced that Zelda Wii U will be announced at E3 2014. A variety of points about the game has leaked from NDA interviews between Aonuma and various Japanese game magazines that enquired about it at E3.

> The game is using the E3 2011 Tech Demo graphics. The Tech Demo was actually footage from a pre-Alpha version.

> The game is a direct sequel to Twilight Princess.

> The game will be Open World. The player will be able to explore a vast and seamless Hyrule. Around 70% of the development team are solely working on content to fill this Open World. The aim is to make it full of content and have more side-quests, sub-dungeons, and collectibles than any past 3D Zelda.

> Motion controls have been dropped. The game will use the Wii U Game Pad and build off the controls of the GameCube version of Twilight Princess. There will be heavy use of the Game Pad screen in a variety of unique ways.

> There are 10 dungeons. You can play the first five in any order, and when all are complete, you can play the later five in any order. The game now features a term Aonuma calls "Parallel Dungeons". You will have to multi-task between all 5 dungeons to complete them. Solving puzzles in one dungeon will open doors and change the layout of another. Aonuma states that playing through all 5 dungeons simultaneously will feel like one giant Water Temple (from Ocarina of Time).

> Princess Zelda will have a deep involvement in the story. Princess Zelda didn't get much development in Twilight Princess, but many fans have said they loved her detailed costume design. Aonuma wants to rectify this issue by making her character as complex as her elaborate clothes.

> The game began development in Q1 2010, almost two years before Skyward Sword was released. It was being made by a different team than the one that developed Skyward Sword. However, the staff of Skyward Sword have now joined the development head count on Zelda Wii U.

> The game will be the directorial debut of Satoru Takizawa. He previously served as Art Director of Twilight Princess. Aonuma personally feels that, due to Takizawa's experience being in charge of the visuals of Twilight Princess, he's the most qualified staff member to direct a realistic Zelda. Takizawa has worked on every 3D Zelda game since OoT. He designed Ganondorf and all the bosses in OoT, all the bosses in MM, Ganondorf and the Moblin in TWW, and didn't do much on SS as he was moved off the project midway to direct the next realistic Zelda.

> Online co-op that functions like a 3D version of Four Swords is being included as a separate multiplayer feature. The mode will have paid DLC content. This will be in the form of dungeons, powerful enemies, new items, and unique tunics.

> Regarding the scale of the Open World, Aonuma is aiming for it to be on par with Skyrim.

> All the NPCs will be voiced. They will speak in a fictional language that will represent Hylian.

> Aonuma states that the game will definitely be announced in 2014. E3 is the most likely venue, not a Nintendo Direct.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Okay, yeah. That sounds WAY too perfect to be true.

My thoughts exactly :P

Too bad to, It's always the fake rumors that sound so amazing, here are my thoughts on it...

> Zelda Wii U planned to be announced at E3 2014. - If it won't be shown this year, than yeah it's pretty much confirmed for E3 2014

Information has surfaced that Zelda Wii U will be announced at E3 2014. A variety of points about the game has leaked from NDA interviews between Aonuma and various Japanese game magazines that enquired about it at E3.

> The game is using the E3 2011 Tech Demo graphics. The Tech Demo was actually footage from a pre-Alpha version. - How I'd love this forever, not getting my hopes up, most people want E3 2011's tech demo art style, but we know just because Nintendo shows us a Zelda tech demo, the final game might not look like what they showed us before, even Nintendo said this themselves.

> The game is a direct sequel to Twilight Princess. - They left a good opening for a sequel, and it is very possible, but yeah.

> The game will be Open World. The player will be able to explore a vast and seamless Hyrule. Around 70% of the development team are solely working on content to fill this Open World. The aim is to make it full of content and have more side-quests, sub-dungeons, and collectibles than any past 3D Zelda. - I'm pretty sure every Zelda fan wants this, a massive open overworld with tons of things to do, but yeah I'm not keeping my hopes up.

> Motion controls have been dropped. The game will use the Wii U Game Pad and build off the controls of the GameCube version of Twilight Princess. There will be heavy use of the Game Pad screen in a variety of unique ways. - I loved Skyward Sword's motion control's, and I'd be sad if it was gone, but Nintendo's been kinda hinting it would be gone so I'm not too sad.

> There are 10 dungeons. You can play the first five in any order, and when all are complete, you can play the later five in any order. The game now features a term Aonuma calls "Parallel Dungeons". You will have to multi-task between all 5 dungeons to complete them. Solving puzzles in one dungeon will open doors and change the layout of another. Aonuma states that playing through all 5 dungeons simultaneously will feel like one giant Water Temple (from Ocarina of Time). - See, doing dungeons in anyway you want is very likely since Aonuma said that's what they want to do for Zelda Wii U, but the whole "Parallel Dungeons" is very unlikely, interesting idea though.

> Princess Zelda will have a deep involvement in the story. Princess Zelda didn't get much development in Twilight Princess, but many fans have said they loved her detailed costume design. Aonuma wants to rectify this issue by making her character as complex as her elaborate clothes. - Since Spirit Tracks, Zelda has been getting more important, she was a big character in ST and a pretty big character in Skyward Sword, so I wouldn't be shocked if she plays a big role in Zelda Wii U, but her character as complex as her clothes is kinda weird.

> The game began development in Q1 2010, almost two years before Skyward Sword was released. It was being made by a different team than the one that developed Skyward Sword. However, the staff of Skyward Sword have now joined the development head count on Zelda Wii U. - Likely, but I'm guessing the big development didn't start till 2011 since Skyward Sword didn't finish development until around E3 2011, and IF the tech demo was Alpha footage than it would make my theory more correct.

> The game will be the directorial debut of Satoru Takizawa. He previously served as Art Director of Twilight Princess. Aonuma personally feels that, due to Takizawa's experience being in charge of the visuals of Twilight Princess, he's the most qualified staff member to direct a realistic Zelda. Takizawa has worked on every 3D Zelda game since OoT. He designed Ganondorf and all the bosses in OoT, all the bosses in MM, Ganondorf and the Moblin in TWW, and didn't do much on SS as he was moved off the project midway to direct the next realistic Zelda. - Likely

> Online co-op that functions like a 3D version of Four Swords is being included as a separate multiplayer feature. The mode will have paid DLC content. This will be in the form of dungeons, powerful enemies, new items, and unique tunics. - Seeing how Nintendo said the "muliplayer" would be more like an expanded idea from Wind Waker Miiverse/Tingle Bottle, I REALLY doubt it, even though an online co-op mode would be cool.

> Regarding the scale of the Open World, Aonuma is aiming for it to be on par with Skyrim. - This is pretty much based off Aonuma's Skyrim comment

> All the NPCs will be voiced. They will speak in a fictional language that will represent Hylian. - Lol

> Aonuma states that the game will definitely be announced in 2014. E3 is the most likely venue, not a Nintendo Direct. - Likely, if not shown off this year.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The game is using the E3 2011 Tech Demo graphics. The Tech Demo was actually footage from a pre-Alpha version. - This is definitely false. I know that Nintendo said ZeldaU will not be too realistic but not too cartoony; to them, TP is "too realistic". We cannot hope for anything close to TP art style. I'd argue that the closest we'll see is some Kingdom Shader shizzle...without the dynamic shading. ;p

Aonuma states that the game will definitely be announced in 2014. E3 is the most likely venue, not a Nintendo Direct. - I hope it'll be shown off this year and released next year. Something tells me the Wii U will only get one Zelda game, but I desperately want two Wii U titles. :/

Salem

SICK
I hope it'll be shown off this year and released next year. Something tells me the Wii U will only get one Zelda game, but I desperately want two Wii U titles. :/
I would also like two Zelda games on the Wii U and for both to use the sane engine, kinda like Zelda MM and SMG2 did for their prequels, same engine but expanded.

This mean that if the first game was great but not there yet, they could make the next game faster sine it's the same engine, unlike SS to TP, since those have entirely different controls schemes and art styles, so SS took longer time to come out.

David

But you called me here...
If you have ever been on the ZD homepage, this site thrives on completely baseless rumours and conclusions and stuff like seeing the triforce in your cereal.

That honestly made me laugh. But it is totally true. The majority of the posts come from silly people posting rumors just to get our hopes up.

As for the rumors, they all seem basically the same as when we got a ton of rumors before Skyward Sword. I'm honestly not too worried about rumors that are hitting the web. When Nintendo makes an announcement, I'll believe it, but other than that, I just can't right now.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I made a comment regarding this set of rumours on the main site, but I'll reiterate my point here.

Basically, we always get these rumours - even pre Skyward Sword, but a lot of these specifics have been going around for months, I don't see them likely to be true. For one, Nintendo rarely reveals such information, they are great at keeping thing sunder wraps until necessary, which I hope will be soon.

Plus these rumours are so generic, a Twilight Princess sequel being the most obvious of the lot. It's as if these are fan wants, well that's what they are, they are rumours circulating among the community to attract attention or to bring false hope, I wouldn't believe anything until Nintendo confirms said rumours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom