• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Rumors

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Found this online.

Ever since the unvailing of the Wii U and the Zelda Tech Demo, we have all had our imaginations hard at work on how the next Zelda game will look.

Along with all of you I've been dying to know too. I did some research looking up all the rumors and facts. I ended up finding a source working with Nintendo who says to have seen early demos "like the one that was going to be used at E3 last year, but was cancelled at last minute and a glimpse at a new one supposed to have been shown at Comic Con" He also claims to have other frineds working with Nintendo. This is my interpretation of all that he has told me. Stuff he has seen with his own eyes and stuff from other employees and news he has heard from "inside"

So let me start off with saying he could have been an honest leak or just filling me with crap, but he seems trust worthy soo lets start.....

The truth is, Nintendo has already shown us. I know a lot of fans are still in amazement at the heavily detailed tech demo, but its going to be slightly less realistic.

Before I get started think about these little facts for a second.

Past Super Smash Bros games have shown off current versions of Link for the time. The same goes for the Wii U / 3DS versions. We get a slightly updated model of Skyward Sword's link.
This goes hand and hand with not only how link looks in the new Hyrule Warriors game, but the DLC level in the new sonic game as well. This doesn't just go with our hero Link, but all of Hyrule and everything featured in these games. Don't you think there is a reason as to why Nintendo is giving the exact same art style in both games?

The reason Nintendo is keeping this art style is IT WORKS! Plain and simple. It just works! One key reason is they want to keep the 1:1 motion control. Nintendo worked extremely hard getting it as perfect as possible. They aren't just throwing it away after using it for one game. The art style is what helped Link look as if he was moving his sword with you. It helped mask the quirks and oddness of his arm moving perfectly with yours. Not only this, but it also gave them endless gameplay, puzzle, and enemy possibilities.

Fans of the Wii U gamepad shouldn't be weary though. Enemies and puzzles will still have certain ways to impliment the motion control, just not as heavy. Most if not all motion controled goodieness will be able to be emulated with the Gamepad. This means you will be able to use one of three ways. Either the touchpad will be used; swipe left / swing left, the Gyro and motion control in the wii U gamepad; move left / swing left. The sword swings will be mapped straight to the right analog stick: push left / swing left.

Eiji Aonuma has mentioned several times he will be implimenting elements of A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD. This is nothing new, on almost every upcoming zelda game he has said he was using ideas from zelda games that just released to influence the upcoming title and shouldn't be taken 100% seriously.

Eiji Aonuma has also mentioned he wants to rethink the conventions of Zelda. Most of the console games have had their own unique way of traveling through Hyrule. Whether it was Epona, your loft wing, trains, boats, etc... Well, the new game will feature all if not most of these. Hyrule will feature a "twilight princess" sized mainland with a few other "think provinces in skyward sword" sized islands, and many normal to tiny sized islands.

The Mainland will be so vast it won't seem like an island at first. It will make up most of what we are familiar with hyrule. Hyrule Castle, Kakariko village, Death Mountain, Etc... A few other places will make appearances from past games such as the eldon province.

The Ocean will play a part in the story but not as much as much as in Wind Waker. It is referred to as a "flooded" Lake Hylia and it will have "rivers flowing to and from the main lands "think Zora River flowing through Hyrle Feild in Twilight Princess and OCarina of Time." You will be able to use small boats to travel from one spot in the main land to a other parts as a mean of fast travel as well as from one island to another.

The main Islands will be joined by bridges "think eldin bridge" Train tracks will also connect the main islands and run across these bridges. It will also be a form of fast travel, but wont be used nearly as much as in Spirit Tracks.

Epona will make her return in the game as your normal fast travel companion.

Late into the game you will need to visit the island in the sky. It will be about the size of Skyloft with familar features and two seperate dungeons. you will need to complete some special mini quests for a certain Hyrule Gaurd for access."think unlocking epona / Big Goron's Sword in OoT" "yes, loft wings will make a return" "see the dlc in the sonic game and refer to skyward sword for how they will look" This will be the fast mode of travel between not only the sky islands and the main land, but faster way to travel from the islands over the ocean. You will be able to use certain weapons with them like epona. They will be given a new feature allowing them to hover.

The Wii U gamepad can either display the world map, a close up top down perspective "similar to AlttP or TMC" influenced by A Link Between Worlds, while the TV will still have the third person view.

This will all be sumerized below with aditional information.

* Will a heavily detailed Skyward Sword artsyle without the painted draw distance effect. - think Sonic DLC / Hyrule Warriors with more detail.

* Hyrule partially flooded - Think Skyward Sword, but with water instead of Sky.

* One Very Large Island. - Think Hyrule Twilight Princess

* A Few Large Islands. - Think provinces in Skyward Sword

* Several normal to small sized Islands. - Think Normal Wind Waker Islands.

* Boats, Trains, Epona, and Loft Wings will all be forms of transportation.

* Motion control will return, but won't be necassary. - Think Skyward Sword

* Gamepad can be used for emulated motion controls when needed. - "B button still does normal slashes"

* Gamepad can be used for ALttP & ALBW top down style perspective / as well as map or items. - Think Wind Waker / HD DEMO

* Weapons & Items will all be upgradable. - Think Skyward Sword with more RPG elements.

* I will update this when I come into more information.

This all sounds fine and dandy. I like the sound of all of it, but one thing doesn't sit right. I think you mentioned that Twilight Princess Hyrule was an island. Is that true?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This all seems familiar and rather cliché as if it's a fan made rumour at best. All too predicable for me to believe without any kind of confirmation.

I'll wait till E3.

I faked this... so to the people who said they seen this before and ignored it. no. this is my idea perfect zelda game. its 100% fake. any truth is purely coincidence

This is actually a bit of an older rumor, so I've read it before. Nintendo has neither confirmed or denied this to my knowledge, although I don't think it's picked up enough wind to reach their ears. Could be true, but I still find it dubious. I believe during Skyward Sword's development Nintendo said they were too busy to work on other Zelda games at the moment (considering they were multitasking Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks), so Zelda Wii U being in development since 2010 is a bit sketchy. Even if they were just kicking around ideas, the Wii U itself wasn't released until the end of 2012, so it would have been hard to plan a game around completely unfinished technology.

My guess is that the "source" who started the rumor is taking educated guesses at where Zelda Wii U will go. The source has "accurately predicted" the Wii U's achievement system and its "social network" in the form of the Miiverse, but considering Nintendo's competitors have basically been there and done that, the source probably wasn't going too far out on a limb to make those predictions. At any rate, if development really started in 2010 and a 2014 release date is planned, we're right in the middle of that, and they should have plenty of materials to release developer quotes, pictures, and trailers. We've seen none of that, so I don't think they're that far along yet.

The rumors may be true, but I remain skeptical. I'll watch and wait before making any conclusions.

This is not an older rumor. I posted this on Redditt two minutes before i posted it here. its made up. sorry.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I faked this... so to the people who said they seen this before and ignored it. no. this is my idea perfect zelda game. its 100% fake. any truth is purely coincidence

This is not an older rumor. I posted this on Redditt two minutes before i posted it here. its made up. sorry.
I guess a lot of what you want has been a part of the standard fake rumours, which perfectly confirms why we thought it was false. It sounded fan made, fan service so to say, and that's exactly what you posted as they are your fan wants. It might be a coincidence that they are quite similar to previous rumours, but a lot of fans want the same thing as why I referred to it as "cliché".

Last edited:
Leaked artwork from Zelda U:

OLwamLX.png

the footage of the zelda game looks great. i also feel asif this game could potentially be a sequal to majoras mask. nintendo have been listening to the fans wanting a HD remake of the game, perhaps this is what they're doing. this would explain the large world(s) the game is set in.in every zelda game link travells between worlds, weather that be time, land or whatever it is. i think that in this zelda game we will see link travel through termina and hyrule as an adult
a few other people and my self have worked out this possible solution for the game because of what has been said by the wonderful zelda creators.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I'm a SS enthusiast, so any relation makes me pretty giddy (rare a fan reaction I know :P).
Even the idea of similar graphics makes me happy on the inside, but I can see them doing something completely different and that would be great as well.
A big fat giant dungeon doesn't sound likely or fun. Too big a dungeon would be like too much salt on my sweet potato.
Online features sounds fun. Big development team means more Zelda effort, so cheers to that rumor :zelda:!

I know this doesn't completely relate with the thread, but I'm glad nobody's talking about the lame theory of Link possibly being a, dare I say it? A girl.
Ugh. Some people are just so sure about it :huh:.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Don't ask me where I got this official artwork but apparently due to fan feedback about link looking like a girl they radically changed link's design to this

9b3a8e8dace6d7dc0a810fab6b6b56ec8cdda0a3.jpg

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Don't ask me where I got this official artwork but apparently due to fan feedback about link looking like a girl they radically changed link's design to this

o_O. Oh wow. That's like, I dunno, Link on steroids? I'd say that's one manly man Link, but I'd rather they just kinda balance it.
You know, not make him a girl, but definitely don't make him a...whatever that is :lol:. Cool pic! Don't worry I wasn't going to ask.

Zeldafreak your pic shows that Link is definitely still Link. And I think the outfit in the trailer is temporary (just like WW, SS, ST, and TP).

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection

This is obviously fake and I'm going to denounce it immediately. This image was on Deviantart several years before the release of the Wii U, which already kinda proves this false. Not to mention it doesn't even look like official art at all. It doesn't even match the art style of what we've seen so far. If you're going to spread false rumours, you'll have to try harder than that.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This is obviously fake and I'm going to denounce it immediately. This image was on Deviantart several years before the release of the Wii U, which already kinda proves this false. Not to mention it doesn't even look like official art at all. It doesn't even match the art style of what we've seen so far. If you're going to spread false rumours, you'll have to try harder than that.

Cassy doesn't understand jokez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom