• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Rumors

M

Mr.Nintendo

I really hope they return to a darker styled game(maybe TP)because the more evil and hopelessness the more satisfying it is to me to wipe that ALL away.Also I would like a darker style/theme because it makes it more realistic.lets face it,we live in a dark world.So....Make Zelda Dark too!
As for the returning character I can't help but think tingle....as terrible as that sounds,he's apart of Zelda so why not?Other than him I can't think of anybody else!
Please don't tell me the graphics will be like SS.They were so paintery it didn't seem to fit in the Zelda series...And the whole Romance thing ruins the whole point of Zelda!!!Zelda is about saving Hyrule from the hands of evil against all odds.SS is about a love story and you don't seem to have a feeling that your saving a world.It's mostly about saving a divine girlfriend!That to me ruins the whole point of Zelda.
I'm really skeptical about the rest of the rumors and I hope most of them aren't true.But what do you think!

S

Second_Link

I am expecting to see skyward sword-ish graphics if not the E3 graphics.

I feel I can safely say one thing about Zelda U. So far it's exactly like every other Zelda game. Yep. I said it. And what I mean by saying that is this: We know very little, next to nothing. and already the fans comparing it to the "last" installment. Either in wanting SS graphics, not wanting them. Wanting the TP feel. (or E3's 2011 one...) and the same theories predicted in other games applied to this one. I say, Hyrule has had this problem since OoT. Nothing ever will be good enough for us. If Nintendo cannot make it the way any of us wants, it's a failure, or mediocre. Honestly, I love SS from what I've played. (had my bundle stolen like a week after buying it. never beat it) yet I hear people cry about the potential SS art style. Remember when WW came out, and the games that came out next had the same style? I think it'll happen again. but apparently alot of fans like the "toon Link" look...where I am going with this is this. Whether discussing the same pre release stuff in this and other forums, projecting our same hopes on this as we have in our own ways in other titles it comes down to this. Zelda is nostalgia. Zelda is predictable.

Pandanation

Panda Link
I hope that the game remains with the same controls but the map/inventory/helping-character is on the game-pad because then the game-pad has a use.

As for the returning character it could be the old man from that one game I cant remember :P or Navi maybe. As for the Skyward Sword graphics... that is doubtful it will probably be something similar but for sure different in some way.

It is rumored that Zelda Wii U will be on PC, possibly with Tingle as the protagonist. Perhaps even Nintendo is realizing that the doom of consoles is nigh.

supercolester13

Dark Tingle
Hey guys, I was surfing the web and I found this post on wii u daily about Zelda wii u. I was really intrigued by this post. Here is the link: Wii U Zelda coming in 2014, will be biggest Zelda game ever Please read and post your thoughts!

WOW!! i'm sooooooo excited for this game!

I hope that the game remains with the same controls but the map/inventory/helping-character is on the game-pad because then the game-pad has a use.

As for the returning character it could be the old man from that one game I cant remember :P or Navi maybe. As for the Skyward Sword graphics... that is doubtful it will probably be something similar but for sure different in some way.

I think Sam you are thinking about the old man on the first zelda for NES, am I right? :P

I hope they have a fairy in the new zelda game! One like Navi or Tatl, but less annoying, haha :drama:

Last edited:

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
WOW!! i'm sooooooo excited for this game!

I think Sam you are thinking about the old man on the first zelda for NES, am I right? :P

I hope they have a fairy in the new zelda game! One like Navi or Tatl, but less annoying, haha :drama:

That article his getting my hopes up waaaaaaay too much. Vastly different dungeons that aren't all temples? As big as Hyrule field? I might cry.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I would LOVE for them to get away from the temple format. I don't mind one or two because that just makes sense with the story, but to have vastly different ones, would be awesome. Now, they've tried to change it up in the past, but it sounds like they're really trying to make them different.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
First off, this sounds too good to be true, as this is from a non Nintendo source. I hope it is true but until we get conformation from Nintendo themselves on some of this we should not get too emotional when considering the information from that article (don't get you hopes up), I hope I'm wrong though.

If the dungeons are this big how long will it take to travail from point A to point B in the over world, all day perhaps? That would be awesome, but there is the possibility that if the dungeons are too big they will not be able to make a huge over world. Some thing that I greatly missed while playing Skyward Sword was a day/night cycle and random whether changes. The day and night cycle had been in the games since Ocarina of Time and the random whether changes in the over world were in The Wind Waker and Twilight Princes so they should have incorporated these things in SS. My point is if these things are not in Zelda Wii U then it will be disappointing.

[maiamai]5e1vFd[/maiamai]

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this online.

Ever since the unvailing of the Wii U and the Zelda Tech Demo, we have all had our imaginations hard at work on how the next Zelda game will look.

Along with all of you I've been dying to know too. I did some research looking up all the rumors and facts. I ended up finding a source working with Nintendo who says to have seen early demos "like the one that was going to be used at E3 last year, but was cancelled at last minute and a glimpse at a new one supposed to have been shown at Comic Con" He also claims to have other frineds working with Nintendo. This is my interpretation of all that he has told me. Stuff he has seen with his own eyes and stuff from other employees and news he has heard from "inside"

So let me start off with saying he could have been an honest leak or just filling me with crap, but he seems trust worthy soo lets start.....

The truth is, Nintendo has already shown us. I know a lot of fans are still in amazement at the heavily detailed tech demo, but its going to be slightly less realistic.

Before I get started think about these little facts for a second.

Past Super Smash Bros games have shown off current versions of Link for the time. The same goes for the Wii U / 3DS versions. We get a slightly updated model of Skyward Sword's link.
This goes hand and hand with not only how link looks in the new Hyrule Warriors game, but the DLC level in the new sonic game as well. This doesn't just go with our hero Link, but all of Hyrule and everything featured in these games. Don't you think there is a reason as to why Nintendo is giving the exact same art style in both games?

The reason Nintendo is keeping this art style is IT WORKS! Plain and simple. It just works! One key reason is they want to keep the 1:1 motion control. Nintendo worked extremely hard getting it as perfect as possible. They aren't just throwing it away after using it for one game. The art style is what helped Link look as if he was moving his sword with you. It helped mask the quirks and oddness of his arm moving perfectly with yours. Not only this, but it also gave them endless gameplay, puzzle, and enemy possibilities.

Fans of the Wii U gamepad shouldn't be weary though. Enemies and puzzles will still have certain ways to impliment the motion control, just not as heavy. Most if not all motion controled goodieness will be able to be emulated with the Gamepad. This means you will be able to use one of three ways. Either the touchpad will be used; swipe left / swing left, the Gyro and motion control in the wii U gamepad; move left / swing left. The sword swings will be mapped straight to the right analog stick: push left / swing left.

Eiji Aonuma has mentioned several times he will be implimenting elements of A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD. This is nothing new, on almost every upcoming zelda game he has said he was using ideas from zelda games that just released to influence the upcoming title and shouldn't be taken 100% seriously.

Eiji Aonuma has also mentioned he wants to rethink the conventions of Zelda. Most of the console games have had their own unique way of traveling through Hyrule. Whether it was Epona, your loft wing, trains, boats, etc... Well, the new game will feature all if not most of these. Hyrule will feature a "twilight princess" sized mainland with a few other "think provinces in skyward sword" sized islands, and many normal to tiny sized islands.

The Mainland will be so vast it won't seem like an island at first. It will make up most of what we are familiar with hyrule. Hyrule Castle, Kakariko village, Death Mountain, Etc... A few other places will make appearances from past games such as the eldon province.

The Ocean will play a part in the story but not as much as much as in Wind Waker. It is referred to as a "flooded" Lake Hylia and it will have "rivers flowing to and from the main lands "think Zora River flowing through Hyrle Feild in Twilight Princess and OCarina of Time." You will be able to use small boats to travel from one spot in the main land to a other parts as a mean of fast travel as well as from one island to another.

The main Islands will be joined by bridges "think eldin bridge" Train tracks will also connect the main islands and run across these bridges. It will also be a form of fast travel, but wont be used nearly as much as in Spirit Tracks.

Epona will make her return in the game as your normal fast travel companion.

Late into the game you will need to visit the island in the sky. It will be about the size of Skyloft with familar features and two seperate dungeons. you will need to complete some special mini quests for a certain Hyrule Gaurd for access."think unlocking epona / Big Goron's Sword in OoT" "yes, loft wings will make a return" "see the dlc in the sonic game and refer to skyward sword for how they will look" This will be the fast mode of travel between not only the sky islands and the main land, but faster way to travel from the islands over the ocean. You will be able to use certain weapons with them like epona. They will be given a new feature allowing them to hover.

The Wii U gamepad can either display the world map, a close up top down perspective "similar to AlttP or TMC" influenced by A Link Between Worlds, while the TV will still have the third person view.

This will all be sumerized below with aditional information.

* Will a heavily detailed Skyward Sword artsyle without the painted draw distance effect. - think Sonic DLC / Hyrule Warriors with more detail.

* Hyrule partially flooded - Think Skyward Sword, but with water instead of Sky.

* One Very Large Island. - Think Hyrule Twilight Princess

* A Few Large Islands. - Think provinces in Skyward Sword

* Several normal to small sized Islands. - Think Normal Wind Waker Islands.

* Boats, Trains, Epona, and Loft Wings will all be forms of transportation.

* Motion control will return, but won't be necassary. - Think Skyward Sword

* Gamepad can be used for emulated motion controls when needed. - "B button still does normal slashes"

* Gamepad can be used for ALttP & ALBW top down style perspective / as well as map or items. - Think Wind Waker / HD DEMO

* Weapons & Items will all be upgradable. - Think Skyward Sword with more RPG elements.

* I will update this when I come into more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom