• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U - First Look

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE EVERYTHING I'VE SEEN OH MY GOSH

I'm seriously loving Link's look. He looks so awesome I love it. I also love the graphics and visuals. I'm so relieved it's not dark and dreary like the tech demo last year. I am loving the graphics and art style. I couldn't be happier with them if I tried. I love the fact that it's probably gonna be an open world. This reveal has seriously made my day. I'm so excited to find out more!

I must say I'm quite impressed with what little we got. It's visually everything I wanted and full linearity just may be a thing of the past now. Link having that outfit makes me hope the tunic is gone for good.

I will say this though, why couldn't they take a few seconds to reveal the title? if this was all they wanted to show, why not just wait until later when they do the big show?

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
ALL OF MY YES

But yeah Link does look a little girly, not a huge problem but hey. Also I would have preferred a more tech-demo look but it still looks amazing. And the steampunk touches = WANT

(Proceeds to die after realising how much money Wii Us are........ :( )

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
Link looks really... skinny. They really did rethink his design, he looks more like an elf than he did already. Add that to the increased emphasis on the bow, and it really makes it seem like they're trying to make Link's design stick to the original "elf" idea quite a lot.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
I will say this though, why couldn't they take a few seconds to reveal the title? if this was all they wanted to show, why not just wait until later when they do the big show?

I've heard tell that Shigeru Miyamoto should show up soon this afternoon, I guess we just need to stay tuned, although I have a feeling it'll probably be a new Star Fox... Which would be awesome too.

I liked it. though i liked his design best in SSB for the wii U. the art style looks Different then what i have seen, almost like a anime feel to it like were playing a anime cartoon. the thing with he steam punk style weapons got me exited because theirs a ton of possibilities. and OPEN WORLD!! well lets just see what happens.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Looks awesome, but disappointed we didn't get to see more. :( The better the game looks, the more disappointing it is when you only get a quick tease! Damn you videogame industry!

I am happy they kept it bright and vibrant, though. Love the art direction!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Link...looks way too girly. So much that he actually looks more like a girl than a boy. And if he IS a girl, I guess that's fine but...if he's a guy, it'd be awesome if they at least fixed his hair.

Salem

SICK
I got excited when Eiji Aonuma mentioned the Original LoZ classic, more inspiration from the classics! :yes:

But he was still vague about it...

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Why has this thread merged with the Zelda Wii U thread? Hyrule Warriors is a separate title. I'm confused, lol.

I don't even know what's happening with this thread anymore... Anyway, here's what I was going to say before everything got messed up.

This game certainly doesn't fall in line with my vision, but that doesn't make it any less spectacular. The visuals are more incredible than I anticipated, which is a pleasant surprise. So shame on me for doubting the Wii U's capabilities. Link looks great, I like the reference to Wind Waker in Link's attire, but his hair is going to take some getting used to. The greatest and most important thing to take from this reveal is the game's design which is more reminiscent to the original. The world is said and looks to be much more vast and open ended (as seen from the opening shot) than recent entries. I think this is an amazing return to form for the series, especially when you consider how much more straightforward and confined Skyward Sword was. It certainly has been a long time since The Legend of Zelda truly made me feel like I was finding my own way. (Then again, I haven't played A Link Between Worlds yet)

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I'm pretty much hyperventilating right now because of this. I really, really love the graphical style, the colours... everything looks wonderful. I'm not sure what everyone's on about about Link looking 'too girly'; to me, he's about as effeminate as he was in SS and TP, albeit a bit younger and thinner in build. I honestly dig the design.

Maybe I'm greedy, but I wish that we were shown a little more of it like the title or a full trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom