• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U - First Look

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
[video=youtube_share;mM9MGY2OL8o]http://youtu.be/mM9MGY2OL8o[/video]

I'm really loving this, looks f*ckin' beautiful. Though... Link's hair.

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
It looks so awesome!

Doesn't Link look a bit feminine though. I saw someone say it might be a female Link, but it doesn't mater. I love it!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I have a few positives and negatives.

For one, it looks gorgeous. Very unique visual design which kind of encapsulates the charm of the series almost down to a tee. I think the biggest comparison I can make it that it looks sort of like the artstyle we witnessed in Ocarina of Time 3D - very bright, colourful, and somewhat spiritual as well. I also loved that they alluded to the fact that they're focusing on making Hyrule (I assume that's where the game is taking place) more of an open world rather than an open field connecting different locations. The scale from that footage shown looks pretty impressive, if the game is truly large open, and content filled then I'll be happy.

Downsides are that it didn't fit my ultimate vision for where the series should go, artstyle wise. I think the tech demo, or a HD colourful twist on Twilight Princess was the way to go. It's not to say I don't like what I saw, I just wanted something else in a way. Oh and Link, yeah, not liking his design so far.

---

These are just brief initial thoughts so far, I'll mull it over and see what I can make of a measly 20 seconds of footage later. Honestly though, that was very little footage of a game that they need to push to sell the Wii U.

Electronic rocket booster bomb arrows?

steampunk type confirmed

Was just thinking the same thing. The "trim designs" of the enemy, arrow, and Link all sort of remind me of the Lanayru Mining Facility dungeon in SS. I also wonder if the overall game aesthetic will be a sort of magic-steampunk design.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
What really has me on this is the art Style. Reminds me of that cartoon network show, Stormhawks in a way and I always liked that style of that show. This game looks to be amazing

This game...is not what I expected. Who knows if this is for better or worse; however, I certainly didn't believe the series would retain a medieval environment while transitioning to futuristic looking enemies and gear. Link's new look doesn't click with me either. It's very reminiscent of his Hyrule Warriors physique, which I didn't see happening in a main game. Uncertainties aside, the promise of an open world returning to series roots is very alluring. From what I understood, quests can be completed in any order paying full homage to the NES original.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK, I actually just watched this at E3, and OH MY GOSH I WAS SQUEALING SO HARD MY MOM THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN. I SERIOUSLY FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO FAINT OMG DAT STEAMPUNK! AND THE GRAPHICS ARE JUST SO OMG AND THAT THING WAS SHOOTING FREAKIN' LASERS AND GAH LINK LOOKS SO CUTE AND JUST AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Gomp

Love, loving life!
It is like they read my mind! :D I am so exited I am at a loss for words! .. Been dreaming of this ever since Ocarina! :D

Very excited by the prospect of an open world game in the style of Elder Scrolls.

Personally think the art direction and the design of Link is the wrong way for the series to go. The success of the game isn't dependent on it, but I was holding out one last time for it to take the look of what we saw back in that tech demo years ago. Guess this is 3D Zelda now, and there's really no problem with that except that it just irks me personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom