• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Wii U - Enemy Wishlist

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
With Zelda Wii U presumably around the corner (and around the corner for a Zelda release means ~5 years lol), I'm sure many of you are hyped for the all inclusive HD graphics the Wii U system will include. That being said, part of the game is the very enemy gang you fight, so why not have a (very) early wishlist? What enemies from previous games would you like to see in the Wii U release of the Zelda franchise? Why did you pick those enemies? If applicable, what buffs/debuffs would you apply to those enemies to make them fitting for this newest entry?

For me [very short list incoming]:
- Iron Knuckles (MM variant)
- Darknuts (TP variant)
- Darknuts (TWW variant)
- Bokoblin (SS variant)

Why
Iron Knuckle
I picked the Iron Knuckle because I've always wanted to see an aggressive enemy, and MM's variant still has the slow part but once its armor is removed, it will charge you till death –– whether it is yours or its. Just imagine an aggressive enemy in the TP art style in full 1080p HD <3 What improvements I would make to the Iron Knuckle, well, make it even more aggressive and like 2x faster when you remove its armor. The armor looks like it is the heaviest part (just like for Darknuts), so removing that burden would and SHOULD increase their speed tenfold in my opinion.

Darknuts
I picked the Darknut for the same reasons as the Iron Knuckle, except it is more of a technical enemy. A duel to the death in HD with one of these babies would be awesome! Improvements to the Darknuts would be giving them more attacks, both sword related and hand to hand combat. As guards (they most likely play that role), they should know more sword techniques than the ones they employ in Twilight Princess as well as in TWW.

Bokoblin
WUT, I picked an SS enemy?! Well yes, I picked the SS Bokoblin. They caused depression and further hatred of a game that had the potential to be good, so I want them in Zelda Wii U so I can deal death to them at each and every turn. Improvements would be making them FAR more aggressive and less blocky.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'd love some badass Stalfos mini-bosses, Ocarina of Time style. I really liked the Skyward Sword editions, but damn, the OoT ones were buff. Can't beat that.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
A few I'd pick would be:

- Gerudo
- Skull Kid's Puppets
- Wallmasters

Gerudo
Perhaps not specifically the Gerudo themselves but another human enemy. I love fighting the Gerudo in their fortress in Ocarina of Time and having another intelligent human enemy to have a proper sword fight with would be brilliant. They felt more threatening and dangerous than the wild animals you would fight and it's a unique interaction in the series. Perhaps more than just sword fighters would be good too, horseback archers or pikemen would be good perhaps.

Skull Kid's Puppets
I loved these in Twilight Princess. I think that with HD graphics, Nintendo could create a style which really shows off how creepy these things can be. The way they look, the way they move and the sounds they make are really freaky and create a wonderful atmosphere. Yes, they were pathetically weak but they were sent at you in droves and it seemed to me that they weren't really meant as a threat but as a psychological tool; Skull Kid was trying to scare you, not kill you. A more detailed or vivid art style could really bring these things to life more than in Twilight Princess.

Wallmasters
These things almost always come at the top end of 'Scariest Enemy' lists but they haven't freaked me out since Ocarina of Time. I remember being terrified by them in A Link To The Past and it think they could be made terrifying again. Rather than just having them drop from above or, in the case of Floormasters, come out from below, why not have some fun with them? What if some of the floor tiles rose up and grabbed you? Or if you bombed a wall and then the fallen bricks came together as a fist? Having these come back but making them appear in unusual ways would make them really scary again.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Wizzrobes (TWW)

Wizzrobes, specifically The Wind Waker's, are freakin' awesome enemies that I've always enjoyed taking out. They're quick, intelligent, and can deal a lot of damage if you aren't careful, and that's what I like to see out of an advanced enemy.

Shell Blade (TP)

One of the few enemies that took advantage of directional swinging on the button-controlled 3D Zelda titles, the Shell Blades from Twilight Princess took an enemy from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and made it better. They had more HP and could be taken down with the sword this time around, making for a better experience -- at least in my opinion -- in the killing department. You gotta understand, with most of TP's variants of older enemies being dumbed-down, seeing one that was better was really nice, and I would like to see this particular enemy be further improved via use of the Wii MotionPlus. If it's used in Zelda Wii U, that is.

Darknuts (TP)

Do I even need to explain why? The Darknuts from Twilight Princess are just epic. Put them to the Wii MotionPlus -- again, if Zelda Wii U uses it -- and you've got what could be the greatest Zelda enemy ever.

Lizalfos (SS)

The Lizalfos from Skyward Sword are some of the trickiest and incredible enemies the Zelda series has ever seen. I wasn't ever really a big fan of the Lizalfos fights in previous titles due to the fact that they weren't really that fun due to how basic they were. I enjoyed the hell out of SS's Lizalfos due to their sheer challenge and speed. Plus, their design was freakin' awesome. Seriously. Dat arm guard. Sexiness.

Quadro Babas

I've loved the Deku Babas from day 1. Ever since I saw them in Ocarina of Time, I just liked everything about them. Skyward Sword's were no exception, of course, now that they had an air of strategy to them with having to be sliced in specific directions and gaining the ability to dodge. The Quadro Babas, however, took this to the next level. Everything about them was 10x better. They were stronger, they were smarter, they were much more aggressive... and they could alter the direction their mouths were open. They required a remarkable level of attention and forced us to think very quickly, which is mind-boggling considering they're just a variation of one of the most basic enemies in Zelda history. I have no shame in admitting the first Quadro Baba I ran into gave me a pretty tough time, and I seriously think this could be my favorite Zelda enemy out of every title in existence. It'd be a real shame if this enemy wasn't brought back, even in Zelda 3DS, since directional swinging can still be taken advantage of in a button-controlled 3D Zelda game.

Last edited:
I would like to see Wizzrobes, Redeads, and Iron Knuckles back in Zelda Wii U. Especially the Wizzrobes. Don't see Wizzrobes much in the 3D Zelda's.

I'd actually like to see few prior enemies return. Nintendo should largely scrape its palette to give gamers a truly fresh experience in Hyrule or one of the adjacent realms. But if you insist on some returning foes:

• Iron Knuckle (MM)
  • Stalfos (OoT)
  • Darknut (TP)
  • Redead (OoT/MM)
  • Lizalfos (SS)
  • Dark Lizalfos (SS)
  • Gibdo (OoT/MM)
  • Cursed Bokoblin (SS)
  • Wolfos (OoT/MM)

As you can see, I'm mainly a fan of the heavy duty and horror enemies. We certainly need to see more of those in the series.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
-Those freaky Sacred Grove guardians from OoT

Moblins?

I would like to see Darknuts, ReDead Knights, many water enemies from Twilight Princess (as I want underwater combat to return), Wall/Floor Masters, Wizzrobes, Poes, Bokoblins (various types), Deku Babas, Dodongos, Beamos, Armos, Armos Knights, Keese (various types), Moblins, Stalfos, Liza/Dino/Aera lfos, and others.

R

Raven497

I would love to see Stalmasters. They were very powerful foes.

octorok74

TETTAC
Octoroks. Both water variety like in OoT and the land based ones from like OoX. And some TP type Darknuts and OoT Iron Knuckles. And how about some of those Ropes and some Pol Voices.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Pol Voices.

What,
PolsvoiceOracle.png

Those guys? I absolutely loved fighting those things EVEN THOUGH they were surprisingly easy to defeat. Loved them! I would most definitely love for them to return for Zelda Wii U, but the question I personally have is "how". xD

Darknuts, Iron Knuckle Fighting Darknuts has always been awesome. They are one of the best enemies to face in the series, some battles just feel epic in that they take time, excecution, and patience.
Wizzrobes Wizzrobes are an enemy I wish we would see in more titles, and in more abundance. If developers could up the difficulty facing them, they could be quite amazing.
Lizalfos/Dark Lizalfos The Lizalfos and Dark Lizalfos were my favorite enemies in Skyward Sword; they were somewhat tough, especially if you were a new player. But they felt well-developed, they were much more advanced, and took careful precision and technique. A great enemy if they bring them back in similar fashion.
Poes Poes are just quintessential to the series, and i feel like I havent seen them in quite some time. I think a revamped version should make it's way to Zelda U; a Poe in HD, with a smoky, mist-like form of grays and purples.. Almost see-through, that would look breathtaking.
Floor Master One of the series most eerie enemies, and in HD, they could really produce something out of this world.
Peahats I used to feel so cool when I killed a Peahat in OoT as child link. Had some good times
rockin Peahats. They should bring them back, and put them on steroids.
Anubis I thought Anubis was a cool enemy, and could have potential. They could really make this enemy really tough and graphically beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom