• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U, E3 Predictions

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Hello y'all!
It's time do dust off the Zelda U forums, because we are going to be tearing at it in news in just 11 days(finally). So, what do you guys think we are going to see?
What do you guys want to see?

For my first prediction, I think they are going to show off Dungeon mechanics, of which they have hopefully made Dungeons unlinear and very huge, almost like they are Metroid-esque.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
"Hey look at all this grass and that grass and this grass. Oh and those mountains, you can go all the way to them if you want, but not now, we can't show you that yet. Oh and let me back out, did you know that this game will let you play as a femLink? Isn't that the most spectacular and amazing thing ever? Aren't we the best company for allowing players the chance to pick their gender?"

"Hey why are you walking away? Was it something I said?"

This is what I expect.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
"Hey look at all this grass and that grass and this grass. Oh and those mountains, you can go all the way to them if you want, but not now, we can't show you that yet. Oh and let me back out, did you know that this game will let you play as a femLink? Isn't that the most spectacular and amazing thing ever? Aren't we the best company for allowing players the chance to pick their gender?"

This is what I expect.
Let me tell you what is going to happen if their is a female link:
Female Link will be playable
There will be a somewhat huge fuss about it
Game will release
Nobody is going to care except for poor saps like you who would turn their back on a potentially amazing game for trivial reasons. Not judging at all, as you have the right to... But....

Face it mate. You are in the extreme minority here. Having a female link will only make a thousand people tops not buy the game. Those that are opposed will just choose male link, with a single button press of the game, and that will be the end of it. I'm sorry that you will not be able to experience Zelda U if this is the case. But Nintendo won't care, and in the long run, fans won't care.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
They'll show something that looks pretty nice, something most of us will look forward too, and some of the people will be like,
"OH MEH GERD IZ THE BEST THENG EVAR!!!!" while the others will be like, "OH MEH GERD IZ TERRBIL NENTENDER IZ THE DED!" and everyone else will be somewhere in between. Same reactions to female Link, and after the hype has died down female Link will become old news as something new enrages, and or excites us all.

I don't even know what to expect anymore. Better be good.

Also, are they actually have a girl Link? I have seen no proof of this claim and mass hysteria.

Before we see any gameplay, I expect to see the second full trailer we've ever seen for the game with the title reveal at the end.

Then, we'll see Aonuma, Miyamoto, or both appear to discuss their vision for Zelda Wii U and how it's aiming to shake up the foundations of the Zelda franchise. I expect we'll return to the field area seen previously (Hyrule field maybe?), but this time Link will enter a dungeon. I'm not entirely sure what the dungeon twist this time around could be, but perhaps they found a way to combine dungeons and overworld more effectively like in the overhead games.

Something I'm not expecting to see is NPC characters. I think Nintendo is being very secretive about the story this time around, and I can appreciate that. We knew too much about Skyward Sword before its release. That said, Link's potential ties to the Sheikah might be detailed in either a trailer or gameplay demo or at least some allusion to them

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Let me tell you what is going to happen if their is a female link:
Female Link will be playable
There will be a somewhat huge fuss about it
Game will release
Nobody is going to care except for poor saps like you who would turn their back on a potentially amazing game for trivial reasons. Not judging at all, as you have the right to... But....

Face it mate. You are in the extreme minority here. Having a female link will only make a thousand people tops not buy the game. Those that are opposed will just choose male link, with a single button press of the game, and that will be the end of it. I'm sorry that you will not be able to experience Zelda U if this is the case. But Nintendo won't care, and in the long run, fans won't care.
Let me tell you something, friend.

I was making a joke, as I'm not expecting much of the Treehouse demo, the Fem Link topic wasn't even the focus of my post, heck the fact that all we've seen is grassy fields was. Also, I doubt most will boycott the game outright, but that's the case with a lot of things that people adamantly hate in games, still doesn't make it right or a necessary change, and I'll always view it, regardless of whether it happens or not, as a whiny minority shouting long enough till they were pandered too.

Because that's apparently all it takes to ruin a icon, to shout and stubbornly parrot the sympathy card.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Let me tell you something, friend.

I was making a joke, as I'm not expecting much of the Treehouse demo, the Fem Link topic wasn't even the focus of my post, heck the fact that all we've seen is grassy fields was. Also, I doubt most will boycott the game outright, but that's the case with a lot of things that people adamantly hate in games, still doesn't make it right or a necessary change, and I'll always view it, regardless of whether it happens or not, as a whiny minority shouting long enough till they were pandered too.

Because that's apparently all it takes to ruin a icon, to shout and stubbornly parrot the sympathy card.
ZeldafreakCJM at the end of the day it's just a unofficial rumor, so it's not worth losing sleep over. If it's not true, then great, if it is then grow up and get over it. We can't always have our way in life.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
ZeldafreakCJM at the end of the day it's just a unofficial rumor, so it's not worth losing sleep over. If it's not true, then great, if it is then grow up and get over it. We can't always have our way in life.
My whole point was that they'd spend more time talking about stuff we already knew was in the game or was likely in the game than showing us anything new.

I was never trying to make this about the fem Link topic, I don't know why people are acting like I was.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
My whole point was that they'd spend more time talking about stuff we already knew was in the game or was likely in the game than showing us anything new.

I was never trying to make this about the fem Link topic, I don't know why people are acting like I was.
Then why bring it up about female Link then? Just let it go, you only going make yourself more upset than you already are.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Then why bring it up about female Link then? Just let it go, you only going make yourself more upset than you already are.

Because...

...stuff we already knew was in the game or was likely in the game than showing us anything new.

I wasn't trying to make the thread about the topic, all I was doing was making a sarcastic joke. My second post was more about it, because Lozjam, made it about the topic.
Because you making a big deal out of it.

Yes, it started out as a joke but then you went back to complaining about female Link again. You talking about this thread?
I only started complaining because Lozjam felt the need to insult me for my joke.

Last edited:

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Because...

I wasn't trying to make the thread about the topic, all I was doing was making a sarcastic joke. My second post was more about it, because Lozjam, made it about the topic.

Because you making a big deal out of it.

Yes, it started out as a joke but then you went back to complaining about female Link again. You talking about this thread?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

Then why was literally, over half of your post dedicated to Fem Link?
"Hey look at all this grass and that grass and this grass. Oh and those mountains, you can go all the way to them if you want, but not now, we can't show you that yet.

Oh and let me back out, did you know that this game will let you play as a femLink? Isn't that the most spectacular and amazing thing ever? Aren't we the best company for allowing players the chance to pick their gender?"

This is what I expect.
This did not seem like a joke at all. Especially followed by the words "this is what I expect".

You said that you didn't want to bring the whole fem link topic into this thread. So... Why exactly did you bring it up? Almost every single post in the Zelda U boards as of late, is you bringing it up. But I digress, as this is off-topic.

Before we see any gameplay, I expect to see the second full trailer we've ever seen for the game with the title reveal at the end.

Then, we'll see Aonuma, Miyamoto, or both appear to discuss their vision for Zelda Wii U and how it's aiming to shake up the foundations of the Zelda franchise. I expect we'll return to the field area seen previously (Hyrule field maybe?), but this time Link will enter a dungeon. I'm not entirely sure what the dungeon twist this time around could be, but perhaps they found a way to combine dungeons and overworld more effectively like in the overhead games.

Something I'm not expecting to see is NPC characters. I think Nintendo is being very secretive about the story this time around, and I can appreciate that. We knew too much about Skyward Sword before its release. That said, Link's potential ties to the Sheikah might be detailed in either a trailer or gameplay demo or at least some allusion to them
This is what worries me though. They are going to be showing Zelda U literally the whole day. What if they spoil too much? What if they show too much of the story, the world, characters, mechanics. This could potentially be a Skyward Sword all over again. Do I really want to see all of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom