• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Coming 2015?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
At this years E3 we probably expected to hear a new Zelda game to be announced due to the Tech Demo that was shown last year but to all our disappointment no Zelda news was even hinted at.

Recently i heard the the creator of Zelda Shigeru Miyamoto was talking about the next Zelda title on Wii U and he was basically saying that they are still experimenting with the new features of the Wii U and some general concepts but i also read some news that he also said we can expect the Wii U release to come no time soon and we can also expect the release of the next Zelda game fo Wii U to come no earlier than 2015!

To my disappointment these were his words and am sure this comes as bad news as we waited so long for Skyward Sword (5 years) but now form Skyward Sword to the next game it looks like another 4 years (Now 3 years) but this game may also get a number of delays :(

What do you think about this news and do you think Zelda games should be worked on by a bigger team to maybe make bigger games with less lengthy release dates?

Zelda should totally get a bigger team working on it. Zelda is perhaps the biggest franchise Nintendo has, each Zelda release is an event and they always sell well, particularly the 3D installments. But why are they considered as events? For most fans its because we know we'll get quality, but its also related to the fact that times like a 3D Zelda release come along all too rarely, we only have 5, MM was quite small and SS was a flawed amalgamation of everything we had seen in the past that wasn't worth a 5 year wait.

Its almost like nintendo dont know the power they have with Zelda and 3D installments which is why i hope the time is now that handheld installments are also 3D like OoT 3D and not 2,5 wastes of time.

Nintnedo need a bigger team on Zelda for sure, every time i turn around here is another Assassin's Creed game, why not Zelda?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Zelda should totally get a bigger team working on it. Zelda is perhaps the biggest franchise Nintendo has, each Zelda release is an event and they always sell well, particularly the 3D installments. But why are they considered as events? For most fans its because we know we'll get quality, but its also related to the fact that times like a 3D Zelda release come along all too rarely, we only have 5, MM was quite small and SS was a flawed amalgamation of everything we had seen in the past that wasn't worth a 5 year wait.

Its almost like nintendo dont know the power they have with Zelda and 3D installments which is why i hope the time is now that handheld installments are also 3D like OoT 3D and not 2,5 wastes of time.

Nintnedo need a bigger team on Zelda for sure, every time i turn around here is another Assassin's Creed game, why not Zelda?

Couldn't agree more a 5 year wait is too much and i know they want to make the perfect Zelda game but if you look at a lot of franchises from the other consoles for example Fallout/Elder Scrolls.....Elder scrolls Oblivion was released in 2006 and these are huge games much bigger than Zelda then 2 years later they reinvent the Fallout franchise and come out with its sequel just under 2 years later in 2010 and then we all know The Elder Scrolls Skyrim was a massive game and that came out just a year after Fallout NV.

The game i just mentioned were all made by the same team well except some of Fallout 3 which was mainly made by another company, but the point is that these games are made by the same development team and they seem to deliver huge games on a regurlar basis as well as a lot of DLC content and is it too much to ask for a bigger team to work on one of the most sucessful franchises in gaming ever?

Yikes! Hopefully it will be out before then as I think a lot of people will really need reason to trust Nintendo in producing a "hardcore" gaming console again. Not all mind you but i think they will be those that do. That being said if they some how make a new banjo-kazooie game that is like the N64 games then I wouldnt mind waiting to 2015. :p However since that is very unlikely they better get a good Zelda game out before then :P

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't know where this (most likely) rumored info came from, but 2015 would be the absolute earliest I would expect Zelda Wii U. No doubt Nintendo wants to take their time and get everything they can right, as well as add in new ideas.

That said, I have some serious expectations for this game. If SS's overall improvements to the majority of franchise staples and cool new ideas are any indication, Zelda Wii U will be utterly mind-blowing.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I dont mind waiting its just that the game better be the best no arguments and should redefine the series.....

There have been few Zelda games that have redefined the series, ALTP was the birth of the true Zelda imo, OoT brought Zelda into 3D, WW took Zelda into a new age of controls and graphics with a charm, TP introduced very realistic graphics and a more intense darker story, SS introduced a new art style as well as bringing 1:1 motion controls.

But out of these only one game stands out and that is Ocarina of Time, this is basically the ultimate Zelda game and many peoples favorite but some of us have different fav's and that's basically on opinion, my fav is Twlight Princess but i still think that OoT is by far the best in terms of Zelda games. So i think its time for Zelda to redefine the series and to stop it living in OoT's shadow and i hope this is the game and even though SS was great it wern't the game changer i think people thought it would be.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not thinking we'll see Zelda Wii U in 2015; Zelda 3DS is on console level. If it is on console level, it means the devs + Miyamoto/Aonuma will ALWAYS be checking to see what's wrong, how this could fit there, why this doesn't work etc which means DELAY DELAY DELAY. Just like Ocarina of Time. So, 2016 I think is a better rough estimate, maybe 2017. I don't claim to know, though, so don't take my estimate for fact.

Also, I doubt Wii U will change the Zelda game much. Better graphics, yeah, but it'll probably be the same OoT "quasi-clone" that we've had since TWW. Unless it'll pull off another MM, being totally different in a good way, it won't stand out like Ocarina or ALttP, which means it'll have some semblance of that ALttP Formula.

To me, time is of no importance, I really want Nintendo to work hard on the new Zelda game, that way we get our money and hearts worth.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I don't care how long it takes. As long as it's a good game. The Wii U is going to have HD visuals, the first of Nintendo consoles, right? Then the new Zelda should have HD visuals. However, it goes beyond visuals. Gameplay is more important. That's why they should take their time. So they have time to think of new ways to play Zelda. I highly doubt we'll get another Ocarina of Time, but I'm still keeping my expectations high. I'm expecting HD visuals, classic challenging Zelda gameplay, a big overworld, and a story that makes me laugh and cry and whatever in-between. As long as we get that, we shouldn't complain.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm not thinking we'll see Zelda Wii U in 2015; Zelda 3DS is on console level. If it is on console level, it means the devs + Miyamoto/Aonuma will ALWAYS be checking to see what's wrong, how this could fit there, why this doesn't work etc which means DELAY DELAY DELAY. Just like Ocarina of Time. So, 2016 I think is a better rough estimate, maybe 2017. I don't claim to know, though, so don't take my estimate for fact.

Also, I doubt Wii U will change the Zelda game much. Better graphics, yeah, but it'll probably be the same OoT "quasi-clone" that we've had since TWW. Unless it'll pull off another MM, being totally different in a good way, it won't stand out like Ocarina or ALttP, which means it'll have some semblance of that ALttP Formula.

Lol i think you have to trust Nintendo on this one since they have all the tools to make the best Zelda game so it could happen but in my opinion it needs to happen. They expected to break the curse with Twilight Princess as the reaction it received but many dubbed this a spiritual sequel to OoT so it was always compared to that game and with Skyward Sword it brought a lot of elements form previous games and it didn't really break any boundraies and imo it wasn't worth the 5 year wait so i think Zelda has to go all out with the next game, They i have to try something new!

I definitely see Zelda Wii U in 2015 as a possibility. The time span between console Zelda games has ranged from one to seven years in the past, though, so it's really hard to tell when Nintendo will complete this one; the last two console releases, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, came out four and five years after their predecessing games, respectively, so I think that year range is probably the most accurate to go by. Though, with this being the first Zelda on the Wii U, I think Nintendo will be taking more time to explore their options with the available technology and such, so I think the five years that it took for Skyward Sword is our best guess. Going by this model, Nintendo will probably commence development later this year or early next year and realease Zelda Wii U in late 2016. But like I said before, the release date could vary anywhere from 2015 (a bit less likely than 2016) and 2017 (very unlikely, in my opinion, but still a possibility).

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I definitely see Zelda Wii U in 2015 as a possibility. The time span between console Zelda games has ranged from one to seven years in the past, though, so it's really hard to tell when Nintendo will complete this one; the last two console releases, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, came out four and five years after their predecessing games, respectively, so I think that year range is probably the most accurate to go by. Though, with this being the first Zelda on the Wii U, I think Nintendo will be taking more time to explore their options with the available technology and such, so I think the five years that it took for Skyward Sword is our best guess. Going by this model, Nintendo will probably commence development later this year or early next year and realease Zelda Wii U in late 2016. But like I said before, the release date could vary anywhere from 2015 (a bit less likely than 2016) and 2017 (very unlikely, in my opinion, but still a possibility).

Ye i agree it could be anywhere from 2015 to 2017.......

Btw i like the way you have Donald Glover as your Pic :)

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Wait, where did this rumor come from?
Aside from my little comment right now, I want them to take as much time as possible to making a worthwile game.
That said, I don't want to wait for too long for any Zelda game. If 3DS came in between, I can totally wait... along with the Oracle games on eShop, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Wait, where did this rumor come from?
Aside from my little comment right now, I want them to take as much time as possible to making a worthwile game.
That said, I don't want to wait for too long for any Zelda game. If 3DS came in between, I can totally wait... along with the Oracle games on eShop, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

I heard about this about a couple of weeks ago and then i saw it on a website regarding E3 then i saw an official statement in a gaming magazine so it looks pretty official to me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom